Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron man 2 question

jimmangz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmangz

I noticed in the movie they said tony stark doesn't like to be handed things. I was trying to find out why he doesnt and the only thing i could come up with is when that Old bald guy in the first movie put that device near his head and made him paralyzed.  is this the origin of his fear of being handed things?

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
    @jimmangz said:
    " I noticed in the movie they said tony stark doesn't like to be handed things. I was trying to find out why he doesnt and the only thing i could come up with is when that Old bald guy in the first movie put that device near his head and made him paralyzed.  is this the origin of his fear of being handed things? "
    that was Obadiah Stane, andhe didn't hand it to him. I think he doesn't like people that are lower than him to touch him.
    adrwww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By adrwww

As a child, in Iron Man #5, Tony Stark was accompanied by his father.  They were meeting Tonys fathers friend at a company building to discuss legal issues and whatnot.  Tony was in the lobby playing when he saw a hole in the wall.  Curious, he stuck his face where his eye could see into the hole,  and out popped a penis striking little Tonys eyeball.  And ever since then Tony has had a super bad fear of being handed things, by any means.

jimmangz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimmangz
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
    " @jimmangz said:
    " I noticed in the movie they said tony stark doesn't like to be handed things. I was trying to find out why he doesnt and the only thing i could come up with is when that Old bald guy in the first movie put that device near his head and made him paralyzed.  is this the origin of his fear of being handed things? "
    that was Obadiah Stane, andhe didn't hand it to him. I think he doesn't like people that are lower than him to touch him. "

can anyone confirm this? i didn't know tony stark was THAT stuck up. i know he's cool and everything but thats just mean! ahah

and @ andrwww 

you sir, have a weird imagination
    Speedy92286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Speedy92286

I am thinking since he rebuilt himself from being the spoiled rich kid of a weapon's tycoon, he wants to do everything himself, and not have anyone "hand him" anything(loans, ideas, etc.)--unlike his life before Iron Man. I don't remember seeing anything in the comics about this, but from the movie lore it makes perfect sense.

jimmangz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jimmangz

ooh, that makes sense, thank you

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
    TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMarvelFanboy

Yea that's probably the best guess

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

It was just a pet peeve created for some humor in the movie.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

Well he is an engineer and creator. So obviously he likes "doing things for his own". As Iron Man too, he always reaches for the stars. And he's know for his "clear" vision of the future.
    So it kind of would make sense for a guy like Stark to be one who actually makes his (and sometimes everyone else's) own future and not wanting to be handed everything.

And as said above; he's always trying to prove himself to everyone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.