Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

'Iron Man 2' Panel At SDCC!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

One of the best things about Comic Con is the fact that during the many panels that are held, there is more often than not an enormous amount of sneak preview footage and information that is released. Maybe that's why the news has been so slow lately! I was really hoping that we would have the opportunity to get a panel like this, so you can only imagine how excited I was when it was confirmed. Looks like we will have an Iron Man 2 panel on Saturday, July 25th from 4:00 to 5:00 pm!

Do you think we might be catching any of the many cast members in attendance for a panel discussion? I sure would love a chance to see Jon Favreau or Robert Downey Jr.! We might even be blessed with some preview footage of the film at the panel, now that would be awesome! Let us know if you are going or if you want Comic Vine's news staff to cover this discussion!
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

I want to go to comic con so bad!

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bruce Vain

Last time I was there they had a Stark Enterprise crate that was the Mach I suit revealed by Jon. So maybe they'll do something similar again of the new Iron Man suit.

Glad I was able to at least see the late great Stan Winston up close before he sadly passed away.

Avatar image for moonknightfan123
    MoonKnightFan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MoonKnightFan123

niccccceeee

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tyler Starke

God I wish I could go, absolutely I hope the vine covers the discussion, didn't downey and favreau show up at the 2008 iron man panel?

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @Tyler Starke said:
    "God I wish I could go, absolutely I hope the vine covers the discussion, didn't downey and favreau show up at the 2008 iron man panel?"

Yea they did, wanted to get there autograph but the line was WAAAAAY too long , and had to leave so I wouldn't miss my flight. DAMN IT!!!!! lol
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I'm very let down that the villain isn't the Mandarin...but I'm such an Iron Man fanboy that I can't help but still be pumped.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    "I'm very let down that the villain isn't the Mandarin...but I'm such an Iron Man fanboy that I can't help but still be pumped. "

I was hoping it was gonna be Crimson Dynamo.
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Bruce Vain said:
    "@MysterioMaximus said:
    "I'm very let down that the villain isn't the Mandarin...but I'm such an Iron Man fanboy that I can't help but still be pumped. "
    I was hoping it was gonna be Crimson Dynamo. "

Well from what I heard, Mickey Rourke isn't Whiplash-per se. He's like a composite of the Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash, only resembling the latter because of the cords/whips coming out of his wrists. Very Omega Red-like. So hopefully he'll get a suit too. I'm not sure how accurate that is though. To be honest, for as much as I do like Sam Jackson, I really wish they went with the more definitive and original Nick Fury instead of Ultimates.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    "@Bruce Vain said:
    "@MysterioMaximus said:
    I was hoping it was gonna be Crimson Dynamo. "
    Well from what I heard, Mickey Rourke isn't Whiplash-per se. He's like a composite of the Crimson Dynamo and Whiplash, only resembling the latter because of the cords/whips coming out of his wrists. Very Omega Red-like. So hopefully he'll get a suit too. I'm not sure how accurate that is though. To be honest, for as much as I do like Sam Jackson, I really wish they went with the more definitive and original Nick Fury instead of Ultimates. "

Well judging from the tattoos that it showed him displaying you might be right about him being a combination of Dynamo & Whiplash. With Russian mafia members or soldiers getting tattoos that tell the story of their lives sort of.  I guess we'll see when they release pictures further into the filming to see if they do give him more of a Dynamo look then a Whiplash look. I'm with you on the Nick Fury aspect, I don't like how they're mixing universes. Nick Fury to me should be played by someone like Tom Berenger or Michael Biehn.
    Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Omg chris

man thats not fair i cant go nooooooooooooooo

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

I really wish I could go to Comic con.

Twiglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twiglight

Man wish i could go.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Media_Master

that would be soo cool to interview the cast of Iron Man 2!!!

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dondasch

Interviewing the cast of Iron Man 2 would be great!

bmbmustdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By bmbmustdie

i wanted to go

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.