Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

IRON MAN 2 International Poster

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

There’s the face you put on at home, and there’s the face you put on for the rest of the world, isn’t there? We’ve seen the former for IRON MAN 2, already - - that is, the domestic posters for the movie - - and here is the later - - the blockbuster’s international poster.

No Caption Provided

Putting on my graphic designer’s hat, I have to say I’m not feeling this as much as the similar “floating heads” poster for the first movie.   The composition works reasonably well, but it’s not as eye-catching as the strong diagonals in the previous one. Plus, while this is obviously cobbled from the various posters and publicity photos we’ve already seen, I don’t think they’ve done as good a job integrating them in Photoshop.  It looks more like an fan collage when it needed some more digital airbrush to make it look cohesive. Black Widow, in particular, doesn't look like she fits here. Compare and contrast this with the poster below and, if you disagree with me, lay your argument out with an introductory statement,  body of disagreement and then a conclusion tying the thesis together.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

In other IRON MAN 2 news, Olivia Munn just recently went in for re-shoots ( as SPH reports).  Favreau and his crew must have really liked what she brought to the table because, rather than simply cut her out, they’ve written a new part for her that better matches the darker tone the movie developed as its production went along.  But who is she playing? IMDB has her listed as IRON MAIDEN, but that might be bogus.  A Boy Named Art wondered if she’s playing Maria Hill while Jordanstine is convinced she should play Spider-Woman.  I’m sure whatever the role is, it’s been kept under wraps, but, until then, I suppose we ought to start a discussion of who she SHOULD play.  I do have to agree about the Spider-Woman casting possibility, myself.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jordanstine

Yes!  Olivia Munn as Spider-Woman for the WIN!   

If not, I could settle for a simple Jessica Drew cameo (in her old S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform for the WIN)! 

Either way makes the upcoming Avengers film all that more exciting! 

What!? Iron Maiden!? Take that IMDB!!!
    What!? Iron Maiden!? Take that IMDB!!!

EDIT:  
    Reading the acutal article linked by Tom above. 

Her re-shoot is actually for an entirely NEW CHARACTER created at the very last minute by Marvel Studios and Jon Favreau just for her.

Hmm... can you smell last minute Samuel Jackson = Nick Fury cameo all over again!?

P.S.   
    Tom - love all these minute-by-minute updates!  Keep it up!   
    leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By leokearon

Iron Madien is just a joke, especillay as the only two armour women I can think of are Pepper and Bethany Cabe. Still, it should be intersting to see what gueststars do turn up, Maria Hill maybe, but Spider-Woman is unlikely given that she has no real connection to Tony and we already have a spider themed lady in this film
    cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cmaprice

I downright hate the floating head posters.

The teasers for both films were far better and more intimate. The international posters just say "Hey! look at all these A-list actors we have!" which admittedly serves its purpose. Meh.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Moomin123

I dunno why, but I could see Olivia Munn as a good Carol Ferris, she looks hot and she's got DARK HAIR. Unlike Blake Lively. 
    Anyway, back to the point, I like these posters and how they are sort of using the same style of each other, like the Star Wars posters. 

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kurrent

I see Olivia as Wasp more than anybody and it will help set up the Avengers film

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Yellowjacket
    Yellowjacket
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF

man Gweneth Paltrow looks hot 

My first guess would be she is playing or was going to play Maria Hill
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jordanstine

Thinking about it... why would Marvel Studios have Olivia Munn's role so tightly S.H.I.E.L.D.ed? No pun intended. 

But seriously, why?   

"Hey look, it's that Nick Fury chick from what's her face, umm... wait, what's her name?"
    If her role really simply was just Maria Hill then your average casual not-really-have-read-comics-lately fan would be like: "Oh hey look it's that chick with Nick Fury or something... what's her face..."   

But it just doesn't have that *umpf* to go with it, because Maria Hill is just like a 5th-tier character, not that well known outisde hardcore Avenger readers.  She's not even close to Nick Fury level.

But... Spider-Woman on the other hand has that *umpf* that would get fans going "OH -- MY -- GOD!!!"  Heck, just a cameo of her as Jessica Drew without her costume duds will elicit more of a bigger reaction than say a "Nick Fury chick." 

A lot more people also know about Spider-Woman than some of the younger generation might think.  And don't forget, Jessica Drew also has ties with S.H.I.E.L.D.    

If Olvia Munn was really just playing a character like Maria Hill, then I don't know why Marvel Studios won't go out and just say it.  The fact that they did called her in for re-shoots in the very last minute (considering the film's due out in 2 months) and created a completely new character for her, is very interesting.

Jessica Drew is a former S.H.I.E.L.D agent as well.
    Jessica Drew is a former S.H.I.E.L.D agent as well.
    All this secrecy reminds me of when Sam Jackson was called in last minute to shoot a scene, and out of nowhere debuted as Nick Fury, and became one of the biggest surprises in comic book films! 

Btw, Olivia Munn may be playing someone else entirely, but considering her look, Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman is the only *umpf* character I could think of looking at the bigger picture: The Avengers Film.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Moomin123 said:
    " I dunno why, but I could see Olivia Munn as a good Carol Ferris, she looks hot and she's got DARK HAIR. Unlike Blake Lively.
    Hair colour can always be changed. -_-  incase you didn't know.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngelFrost

Maybe she's Madam Masque ?  - she definately looks the part. It would be awesome if she was. [: 

No Caption Provided
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Jordanstine: Although a Jessica Drew Cameo meee-like!
    @Kurrent: Wasp makes sense... hare Olivia cameo as a lab assitant in Stark Industries!   

I love that poster!!!  
    @Tom: With graphic designer hat on, I will agree... You are right about the IM poster being more eye-catching but I see what was tried to be done on the IM2 poster: 

Only problem.... Iron Man and War Machine should've been the same size!  
    Same goes for Black Widow, Pepper, Rhodey and Tony Stark on the same level!
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelFrost
    @sora_thekey:  It's ashame Pepper has been pushed down. They haven't been advertising her as much since BW joined the cast.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sora_thekey
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @sora_thekey:  It's ashame Pepper has been pushed down. They haven't been advertising her as much since BW joined the cast."

I am seriously having trouble finding her spotlight in IM2 like what she had in IM.... Black widow is totally putting a shadow over Pepper... (and I still don't like the curly hair look for BW!) 

but when I saw the SDCC trailer... THIS SCENE might make up for it! I thought it was amazing! (0:01 - 0:09)

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AngelFrost
    @sora_thekey:  Totally. :/  I like Pepper. ^_^  and I love Black Widow, but the dreadlocks are just terrible.

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I see a shield suit on Black widow

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jordanstine

P.S.  
    Reading the acutal article linked by Tom above that covers Olivia Munn's interview in Complex: 
    http://www.complex.com/GIRLS/Cover-Girls/OLIVIA-MUNN-2010

Her re-shoot is actually for an entirely NEW CHARACTER created at the very last minute by MarvelStudios and Jon Favreau just for her. 

"Don't forget, Maria Hill isn't the only one with ties to Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D."

Hmm... Samuel Jackson = Nick Fury cameo deja-vu all over again!?      

Oh please let it be Jessica "Spider-Woman" Drew... please.

"OMG!  Look!  We're twin-sies!"

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By goldenkey

she's be a great Jessica drew 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By xerox_kitty

Barf.  That 'International' poster isn't anything special.  It's sad that in this day & age when most 13 year olds can create a masterpiece in photoshop, that highly paid marketing executives can't come up with something better than that.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By ReverseNegative

looks cool. It's coming out in May still, right?

Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19  Edited By Wolverine0628

I think she'd make a great Spider-woman.  If she was going to be Maria Hill, she'd need a haircut.  Madam Masque would be cool too.  And who is Iron Maiden? 

I hope it's not a completely new character.  That would be Rachel Doss (the Dark Knight DA) all over again.
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    @Jordanstine:
    agreed i don't picture her as maria hill at all. But i don't for spider-woman either. But that's me more hoping its not her, spider-woman would be cool, just i think a decent actress should play her. Jennifer Connely is who i always pictured.  But Olivia Munn might knock my socks off with her acting so I will just have to wait and see. 

But I agree it has to be someone known, or there wouldn't be as much secretcy around it, And it would explain why spider-woman is on the new "Avengers" team in the comics instead of someone like Ms.Marvel. 

Wasp would be cool and madame Masque would be sweet as well. I can see it being one of them as much as it could be spider-woman.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AngelFrost

I think Olivia would be awesome as Madam Masque - Even if it's for short appearances throughout the movie ...  a hint to a bigger role as a villain in a sequel.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

War Machine and Iron Man look a little too fake it seems

Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blindside002

I sure as shit hope she isn't Spider-woman, I don't like her at all and to put her as an awesome character would be retarded.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jordanstine
    @Kid_Zombie said:

"@Jordanstine: agreed i don't picture her as maria hill at all. But i don't for spider-woman either. But that's me more hoping its not her, spider-woman would be cool, just i think a decent actress should play her. Jennifer Connelly is who i always pictured.  But Olivia Munn might knock my socks off with her acting so I will just have to wait and see.   But I agree it has to be someone known, or there wouldn't be as much secretcy around it, And it would explain why spider-woman is on the new "Avengers" team in the comics instead of someone like Ms.Marvel. 

Yes, Jennifer Connelly would make a GREAT Jessica Drew

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sora_thekey
    @AngelFrost said:
    "I think Olivia would be awesome as Madam Masque - Even if it's for short appearances throughout the movie ...  a hint to a bigger role as a villain in a sequel.

"
    As Madame Masque it could work, especially since she has a  love-history with stark... although i don't think Munn would be up for the role when her face would be covered for the whole movie...

@Jordanstine: why?
    pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pentagram
    @AngelFrost said:
    " Maybe she's Madam Masque ?  - she definately looks the part. It would be awesome if she was. [: 

No Caption Provided
    "
    i agree to me this is one of the most likely.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AngelFrost
    @pentagram:  I know, right?  [: I hope it's true. 
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#28  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like the poster. 

Why would Spider-Woman be in this movie? I mean Maria Hill makes sense since S.H.I.E.L.D. is in this, plus she's been a great supporting character in Invincible Iron Man, but Spider-Woman would be pointless to have in this movie, I mean does she even know Tony Stark...? 

If she's playing any type of big character, it's the Wasp to help set up the Avengers movie more.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Agent Buttons
    Cool poster
    MSBoyd23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MSBoyd23

In the interviews with Olivia Munn, she doesn't say anything about the character she's playing making any appearances outside of Iron Man 2. If that's the case, then I don't think she'd be The Wasp or Spider-Woman. Why would you cast somebody for that if you weren't planning on using them again, especially if you want to use the character again? 

Pez85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pez85

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Rourke's pose in the poster reminds me of Brandon Lee from The Crow. Other than that, it seems a little too similar to the first Iron Man poster.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hellos

Wonder what Stark is looking at in each of these posters?
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hellos

Wonder what Stark is looking at in each of these posters?
    Jim Halpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jim Halpert
    @War Killer said:
    " I like the poster.  Why would Spider-Woman be in this movie? I mean Maria Hill makes sense since S.H.I.E.L.D. is in this, plus she's been a great supporting character in Invincible Iron Man, but Spider-Woman would be pointless to have in this movie, I mean does she even know Tony Stark...?
    Spider-Woman is a former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sora_thekey
    @War Killer said:
    "I like the poster.  Why would Spider-Woman be in this movie? I mean Maria Hill makes sense since S.H.I.E.L.D. is in this, plus she's been a great supporting character in Invincible Iron Man, but Spider-Woman would be pointless to have in this movie, I mean does she even know Tony Stark...?  If she's playing any type of big character, it's the Wasp to help set up the Avengers movie more. "

I have said this many times... I'll say it again.. 

There needs to be a S.H.I.E.L.D movie, just to showcase those smaller superheroes before they are Avenger-level super! 

Cast:  
    - Jessica Drew, Code Name: Spider-Woman. 
    - Maria Hill 
    - Carol Danvers, Code Name: Marvel 
    - Walter Lawson, Code Name: Marvel 
    - Clint Barton, Code Name: Hawkeye 
    - Abigail Brand 
    - Dum Dum Dugan 
    - Natasha Romanov, Code Name: Black Widow 
    - Jimmy Woo 
    - Wanda Maximoff, Code Name: Scarlet Witch 
    - Pietro Maximoff, Code Name: Quicksilver 
    - Nick Fury  

If Olivia Munn ends up being either Jessica Drew or Maria Hill or Wanda or even Abigail Brand... she should be in the movie I am proposing above!
    Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This poster is FAKE. It's made by guys from 
    http://omelete.com.br/

Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS IS THE TRUE ONE

No Caption Provided
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jordanstine
    @Jim Halpert said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " I like the poster.  Why would Spider-Woman be in this movie? I mean Maria Hill makes sense since S.H.I.E.L.D. is in this, plus she's been a great supporting character in Invincible Iron Man, but Spider-Woman would be pointless to have in this movie, I mean does she even know Tony Stark...?
    Spider-Woman is a former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. "
    (Holding up index finger and thumb separated by 2 cm) Jessica Drew and Nick Fury are like this!
    Phew! And I thought I accidentally grabbed Maria's wardrobe from the cleaners!
    Phew! And I thought I accidentally grabbed Maria's wardrobe from the cleaners!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#39  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    "@War Killer said:
    "I like the poster.  Why would Spider-Woman be in this movie? I mean Maria Hill makes sense since S.H.I.E.L.D. is in this, plus she's been a great supporting character in Invincible Iron Man, but Spider-Woman would be pointless to have in this movie, I mean does she even know Tony Stark...?  If she's playing any type of big character, it's the Wasp to help set up the Avengers movie more. "

I have said this many times... I'll say it again.. 

There needs to be a S.H.I.E.L.D movie, just to showcase those smaller superheroes before they are Avenger-level super! 

Cast:  
    - Jessica Drew, Code Name: Spider-Woman. 
    - Maria Hill 
    - Carol Danvers, Code Name: Marvel 
    - Walter Lawson, Code Name: Marvel 
    - Clint Barton, Code Name: Hawkeye 
    - Abigail Brand 
    - Dum Dum Dugan 
    - Natasha Romanov, Code Name: Black Widow 
    - Jimmy Woo 
    - Wanda Maximoff, Code Name: Scarlet Witch 
    - Pietro Maximoff, Code Name: Quicksilver 
    - Nick Fury  

If Olivia Munn ends up being either Jessica Drew or Maria Hill or Wanda or even Abigail Brand... she should be in the movie I am proposing above! "

What about Mockingbird? 

I like that list, except for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, I know they were with them in the Ultimate U, but it just wouldn't feel right to me.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By Jotham

Geez, that international poster is so freaking generic, except of course for Scarlett displaying her butt AND chest at the same time.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By TheMess1428

Well first off, Black Widow looks really hot in that poster. Second, where is Justin Hammer? Why isn't he in the new poster?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.