Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man 2 Goes Viral

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    SlashFilm found a new viral site for the upcoming Iron Man 2 film. The website (pictured right) is http://www.starkexpo2010.com/accutech/  and it features new exoskeleton technology. At this point, there's a video introducing the new exoskeleton, a technical briefing video, a press release, and an "about us" section, and the press release is incredibly realistic. I had a good chuckle when I noticed it was a downloadable PDF file. 

Using revolutionary hyper-sensors and nano-hydraulic technology, the exoskeleton is able to detect and amplify body movement. Covering over 80% of the human body, it also protects its wearer from high impact and extreme temperatures.
    In a video released today at www.starkexpo2010.com/accutech/ a prototype arm is shown in action, with the full exoskeleton due to be unveiled next month at the hotly anticipated Stark Expo 2010.

Obviously, these mass-produced exoskeletons will be a major part of the upcoming Iron Man film. If you've seen the trailers for the film, most of us are aware that there are many Iron Man-esque suits that War Machine and Iron Man end up fighting. I'm a huge fan of viral marketing. I love the fact it blurs the line between reality and fiction. With this site, it's very basic, straight-to-the-point, and moderately professional. I wonder how many people found that website and actually thought this stuff existed? I really hope that the marketing team behind this website continues to do more viral marketing like this. It's exciting, fun, creates a lot of hype for the film. 

What do you guys think of this viral campaign? Anyone want to buy an exoskeleton?
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By goldenkey

1st
    Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hellos

2nd and awsome 

1st is worse, 2nd is best, 3rd is the one with the hairy chest?
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

They are really going all out for this movie. I wonder if they'll make "footage" of Cap during WW2, that would be cool. Do like a history channel style documentary on Cap or something.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " They are really going all out for this movie. I wonder if they'll make "footage" of Cap during WW2, that would be cool. Do like a history channel style documentary on Cap or something. "
    You should be head of marketing for that film because that would be awesome
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @inferiorego said:
    "

SlashFilm found a new viral site for the upcoming Iron Man 2 film. The website (pictured right) is http://www.starkexpo2010.com/accutech/  and it features new exoskeleton technology. At this point, there's a video introducing the new exoskeleton, a technical briefing video, a press release, and an "about us" section, and the press release is incredibly realistic. I had a good chuckle when I noticed it was a downloadable PDF file. 

Using revolutionary hyper-sensors and nano-hydraulic technology, the exoskeleton is able to detect and amplify body movement. Covering over 80% of the human body, it also protects its wearer from high impact and extreme temperatures.
    In a video released today at www.starkexpo2010.com/accutech/ a prototype arm is shown in action, with the full exoskeleton due to be unveiled next month at the hotly anticipated Stark Expo 2010.

Obviously, these mass-produced exoskeletons will be a major part of the upcoming Iron Man film. If you've seen the trailers for the film, most of us are aware that there are many Iron Man-esque suits that War Machine and Iron Man end up fighting. I'm a huge fan of viral marketing. I love the fact it blurs the line between reality and fiction. With this site, it's very basic, straight-to-the-point, and moderately professional. I wonder how many people found that website and actually thought this stuff existed? I really hope that the marketing team behind this website continues to do more viral marketing like this. It's exciting, fun, creates a lot of hype for the film. 

What do you guys think of this viral campaign? Anyone want to buy an exoskeleton? "

see if i knew nothing about iron man or comics and saw this i would believe it was real and these things just aggrivate me bc i see them and wish i could really have them
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Agent Buttons
    that's pretty cool
    the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By the_fallen11

Cool.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @inferiorego said:

" @Nova`Prime` said:

" They are really going all out for this movie. I wonder if they'll make "footage" of Cap during WW2, that would be cool. Do like a history channel style documentary on Cap or something. "
    You should be head of marketing for that film because that would be awesome "
    Sweet! Thanks for the endorsement. I'll send them my resume :)
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
    @Nova`Prime` said:

Awesome idea, like even have some "1940's" footage of him just like target practicing and then some battlefield footage.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I love these sites, I wish they were real xD

aouric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aouric

Splendid craftsmanship, can I get this on a monthly installed payment?  

Just kidding!      ; )
    Lord Vashti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lord Vashti

That's dope

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

Wow.. you could have "Top Secret" (now unveiled) footage of Project Rebirth &how Starks Biotech division in the present has been trying (unsuccessfully) to safely replicate the process which created one of the Greatest American Heroes to ever live..cutting back to old lab footage of the team behind  Dr Erskine &even possibly highlighting Stark Sr's involvement in the tech side of things.. (notably the metallurgical side ie: discovering &creating a  Vibro-Adamantium alloy for use in allied armor.....) it would all tie in to the up coming movies REALLY well...at least  think so anyway

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By SevanGrim

anyone else notice the sonic Humvees from the Hulk movie?
     i like how their logo looks an awful lot like the Avengers A.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

maria76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By maria76

hello there i wanna know what happened if ur iron want from 80% to 7 % whats the Side effects     ??    
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By G'bandit

I actually thought it was real.. I mean we are not that far behind I believe.

maria76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By maria76

yes im i know that is not good !!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By 123422

They look like the ones fighting Tony & Rhodes in the trailer

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.