Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

InferiorEgo's Review of Iron Man 2

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    I stepped into the theater with a group of 7 friends for a noon showing. We were the first ones in the theater. We sat down in front, so we could rest our legs on the handrail in front of us. We were all prepared for Iron Man 2, and more importantly, we were prepared to high five each other a ridiculous amount. We had no clue what was in store for us, but we were all ready...

Review: Tony Stark's Wacky Week AKA Iron Man 2

Yes, I just called this film "Tony Stark's Wacky Week" because that's exactly what it is. This film starts off right as Iron Man 1 is ending then jumps into the future 6 months. The film offers everything you had in the first one, with a little bit more. It introduces some new characters to the mainstream audience, and it has some great Easter Eggs for all the comic book fans. The best Easter Egg, in my opinion, was Stan Lee's cameo, and yes, that beats out anything else they showed in the movie that relates to another Marvel comics character.

The Good

This movie was hilarious. Robert Downey Jr plays an amazingly narrasistic Tony Stark which translates to so many laughs. This film was funnier than many of the comedies I've seen as of recent in the theaters. Don't let that get you down though, it still kicks booty. Don Cheadle is a much better James Rhodes than Terrance Howard. Terrance does not come off as a friend to Tony Stark in the first film, and there seems to be more of a connection with James to Tony as Cheadle takes over the role. He's a friend, but at the same time he can be the enemy, since he does answer to the military. Gweneth Paltrow, who is not my favorite actress by any means, does an amazing job once again as Pepper Potts. Aside from RDJ as Tony Stark, she is the best cast character in this film, and this time we really get to see her character shine. One last person I'd like to talk about in this film that, for me, stood high above everyone else: Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer. A lot of hardcore Iron Man fans may have a problem with him since the character is much younger in the film, and isn't as up front about his cruel intentions as the film version is, but I thought it was perfect. There is a ton of stuff going on in the film. A little spoiler on Justin Hammer's character.
    I loved how they depicted Justin Hammer as a man who not only deep down envies Tony Stark, but he also wants to be him. At the same time, he wants HAMMER Industries to be the top dog and bury Stark Industries. 
    I loved what they did with this story, even if it means less on-screen time for Iron Man.
    I laughed a lot, and I high fived/fist bumped my friends even more. This movie was everything I thought it was going to be and a whole lot more.

The Bad

Scarlet Johansson is downright worthless in this film. I think she's incredibly beautiful, and a great actress, but her character did not need to be in this film. She was essentially a major part of a couple of scenes, but I could have done without seeing the Black Widow on the silver screen.  The story was great, but at times dragged a little. I felt like I was in the theater for 4-5 hours. Also, Iron Man gets slammed around a lot in that suit, yet he sustains no injuries. Surely, his body must take some damage when he's slammed around, unless there's some sort of anti-gravity technology in the suit that keeps him stable. The only other thing I can really complain about is the fact that this film was billed having a soundtrack done by AC/DC, one of my favorite bands, but sadly, I only heard two AC/DC songs used within the film. What? No "If You Want Blood?" I really was waiting for it.

The Verdict

As soon as I left the theater, I wanted to see it again. Many comic book sequels suffer from the "too much going on" scenario, where too many characters are spolighted, and maybe there are too many villains. At times, I did feel like that with this film, especially with Black Widow, but overall, I had a ton of fun, and that's what this really was about. This film is almost as good as the original, but not quite there. Frankly, I just don't like whiplash. I've always thought of him as the Batroc The Leaper equivilant for Iron Man. He's a C-List villain, but I think the film pulled him off well too. Anyway, see the film. You'll have so many laughs. Just don't expect too much of Tony Stark in the Iron Man suit because this film is more about Tony than Iron Man.

I'm hovering between 4-4.5/5

I'll make my final decision after a second viewing.

Count:
    High fives:  7
    Fist Bumps: 15

Mat "InferiorEgo" Elfring high fives during action films.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Thats true about the AC/DC soundtrack, I was waiting for War Machine to come out and play. I didn't know you could count trailer music on the track listings now.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Paragon

I felt like Sam Rockwell almost stole the show when he was on the screen, and was right up there with RDJ for acting.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By Final Arrow

I love you........r review man. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey

I disagree about Black Widow, her character, although not vital, it was a good tie to the rest of the Marvel U...
    Without her, Tony wouldn't have gotten his friend back...

For the exception of that I totally agree with your review... it dragged on a little but even so I gave the movie a 4/5

Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Nyogtha

I know, right after I left my girlfriend and I wanted to go back in and watch it again. I'm definitely going again this week to go see it.

gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By gui22

i love this movie.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By goldenkey

Is everyone gonna give a review on Iron Man????  Actually I like that they are because it points out a few things here and there that maybe I didn't pick up or so on.  I thought Hammer was great, the enviness was done very well.  I enjoyed Whiplash, but with Micky Rourke being the great actor he is, and basically being one of the biggest jag offs on the planet (the reason his career was pretty much all but gone)being a villian is no large stride for him wasn't used enough.  They didn't play into why he hates Tony enough.  The reprocussions of the Stark family building weapons and how that even if Tony changed his view Karma is still a big fat bitch.  They make you simpatize and then it's done.  Im a big Cheadle fan, and I disagree with Inferior ego that RDJ and Howard didn't come off as friends as much in Iron Man 1 as 2.  The plane scene in 1 where they drink, the line where Howard tells Tony "Next time you ride with me" in the dessert, the transvestite joke.  It all made it personal, and Howard comes off more like a military man the Cheadle.  He's just seems like a tuff dude.   Black Widow didn't need to be in the movie, and I think its because she's gonna be in the Avengers and it's a way to introduce her without having to waist time doing in the Avengers.  She could have used a Russian accent tho. 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " Thats true about the AC/DC soundtrack, I was waiting for War Machine to come out and play. I didn't know you could count trailer music on the track listings now. "
    I was so hoping for that as well.... shame.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By shanana

The only thing i disagree with you about (Aside from Gwen being one of your fav actresses Shame on you!). Is the Black Widow scenes, yeah she was a drag in some of the scenes, but it introduced Non-Comic readers to a New Character. When i went to see it, everyone was like who is she, and i could explain to them who she was, and then they became interested...i think. LOVE THE REVIEW!

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shanana

I didn't like how Rhody was, so quickly able to pilot the suit.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Sha said:
    "(Aside from Gwen being one of your fav actresses Shame on you!)
    @inferiorego said:
    "Gweneth Paltrow, who is not my favorite actress by any means, does an amazing job once again as Pepper Potts.during action films. "
    No, I do not like her. I never had, and this is the only film I've ever liked her in.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By SevanGrim

THANK YOU!!!
     for some reason, no one seems to realize that Scarlet is JUST a pretty face. Shes only good for roles as a pretty red head. But super secret Russian agent is a little tooo deep for her.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shanana

I didn't see Stan lee lol, at first i thought he was Larry King hahah.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Completely agree with this review and the whole black widow wasn't really needed, but would like to see a back widow movie XD.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shanana

LOL a Black Widow Movie, with Scarlett, is a fail. The accent is a must!

I tried to tell a few of my friends that, they didn't care they just liked watching her. lol smh

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Me and my dad high five a couple of times, mostly for the cameo's (like Nick Fury, my dad clapped ever time he got on screen xD) and ester eggs. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    " I disagree about Black Widow, her character, although not vital, it was a good tie to the rest of the Marvel U... Without her, Tony wouldn't have gotten his friend back...  For the exception of that I totally agree with your review... it dragged on a little but even so I gave the movie a 4/5 "
    I agree, it was nice to see more characters in this film, I think this was just the right amount of characters, I think if we would have had just one one more, that would have been to much.
    Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I just don't get this. What the hell? Every single one of you on this site liked this remarkably average film THAT much? ...*sigh*
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shanana
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    " I just don't get this. What the hell? Every single one of you on this site liked this remarkably average film THAT much? ...*sigh* "
    Gotta love opinion
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Sha:
    Suppose so, well it is what it is I guess. But I can't say I'll ever get what anyone is seeing in this film, particularly when compared to the original. I wouldn't say it's bad, but 4.5...from like everyone on this site...I'm not seeing how this is even remotely that good or a worthy sequel.
    Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dark Cell

Solid film

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I think the reason the large cast worked was that Tony had natural interactions with people, everyone interacted realistically in the movie.  In real life people interact with other people a lot, Tony would naturally interact with Pepper, reporters, Rhodes, even people like Hammer.  Hammer's interactions with people like Whiplash and Tony, and Rhodes, all of that was realistically done.
    It felt like a cross section of what Tony Stark's life has become.

kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kimeraevet

So I heard some grumbling from my fellow movie goers after my showing. Mostly about how they wished it was more story and less about Tony's life. I don't know what movie they were watching but the story was definitely there. Tony's life was the story. The romantic tension between him and Pepper. The brotherly loyalty between Tony and Rhodey. The rivalry that Hammer had for Stark. Even the not so well explained hatred Whiplash had for Stark. It all made sense and it was all there. The SHIELD scenes were a little off but they had a surreality to them. From a fan of the characters this was an awesome movie.  
    This was Marvel's DARK KNIGHT. Don't believe me? Watch DARK KNIGHT for what it was and IRON MAN 2 for what it is. Sequels to origin stories that expanded on the established characters while introducing new ones. IRON MAN 2 just spent more time on Tony Stark because in IRON MAN everyone knows his secret identity. When Tony is onscreen so is Iron Man. And vice versa. This movie is highly recommended by me.   

Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Storm Rider

"Scarlet Johansson is downright worthless in this film."

Well, I was liking the review up until that sentence. The qualifier "in this film" helps some, but I would pay to see her do anything, or nothing at all, in just about any film. I will not "go to the mat" in defense of many actresses, but Scarlett is no mere actress. She is so much more than "just a pretty face" as others have described her. That is but ONE of her amazing assets! ;)
    (Hey, I've got a thing for Scarlett; I apologize to no one!)

At any rate, I saw this earlier today and thought it was great. I liked it a little more than the first one, Ms. Johannson being but one of the reasons.

Avatar image for bloodstonefreak
    Bloodstonefreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Bloodstonefreak

Did anyone notice the comment made by Justin Hammer at the Senate hearing that went something like "Tony Stark is using the Iron Man weapon as a SWORD, but he insists he's using it as a SHIELD."  I personally think it's a nod at those 2 respective agencies.  Just a thought...

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @aztek the lost said:
    " where's the negative staff member who hates everything when you need him! "
    That's usually me, but this film was so much fun.

@MysterioMaximus said:
    " @Sha: Suppose so, well it is what it is I guess. But I can't say I'll ever get what anyone is seeing in this film, particularly when compared to the original. I wouldn't say it's bad, but 4.5...from like everyone on this site...I'm not seeing how this is even remotely that good or a worthy sequel. "
    What's bad about it? It was a summer blockbuster, and for me, it did what it was supposed to, entertain the heck out of me.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jordanstine
    @inferiorego:

Amen!   

I give this movie a 4.25 as well... eh, okay I'll make it 4.50.

Some people are really silly trying to compare Iron Man to the Dark Knight; it's like comparing The Invincibles to Corpse Bride - they're just different in their own way. 

I saw it with 4 friends the night before the premier here because I have a friend who worked in the movies.  And we were bustin' up laughing like crazy! 

The FUNNIEST scene in the whole movie was... 

Stan Lee's 1 second cameo... the name they called him and his expression... it's so funny in all the right places!  Or should I say, wrong places?  It's his funniest cameo ever!

Being entertained is all I can ask for!  Smiley faces :) :) :) 

P.S. 
    @inferiorego

Going back to TDK, funny that you mention Iron Man 2 being more about Tony Stark than Iron Man, because I though the same about Batman Begins being more about Bruce Wayne than Batman; in fact I wrote a little yahoo review back then with the title called "Bruce Wayne Begins"!
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @inferiorego said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    " where's the negative staff member who hates everything when you need him! "
    That's usually me, but this film was so much fun.

@MysterioMaximus said:
    " @Sha: Suppose so, well it is what it is I guess. But I can't say I'll ever get what anyone is seeing in this film, particularly when compared to the original. I wouldn't say it's bad, but 4.5...from like everyone on this site...I'm not seeing how this is even remotely that good or a worthy sequel. "
    What's bad about it? It was a summer blockbuster, and for me, it did what it was supposed to, entertain the heck out of me. "

I'll give you that I didn't think it was god awful, but I just really didn't think it was a worthy sequel. I mean I'll admit, I think I might like it a lot more the second time around...but I just found so much of it so campy. The witty banter was completely gone this time, replaced by really goofy comedy in my opinion. That was actually my biggest beef. The action is outstanding, but just the seriousness was completely missing. I felt more like I was watching an Iron Man written by Sam Raimi or Bay. I'm not asking for Batman here, Iron Man is a might lighter character, but I just thought this really jumped to a cliche blockbuster whereas the original was really a much higher quality. But hey...that's me.
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Here's what I wrote (in depth) over on G-Man's review:

I'm sure I'll be flamed more than Human Torch, but I don't care. My two cents:

I was kind of disappointed in Iron Man 2. I didn’t think it was bad, the action was outstanding...but I just didn’t feel the heart of the original. It felt very mindless and superficial, whereas to me the first had a lot of underlying ethical themes. It wasn't about the fight scenes; it was about why he was fighting. It delved into the psychology and moral dilemmas of being a weapons manufacturer, that crisis of conscience. This time around I felt more like it was a spectacle just to be a superficially cheap eye-candy event. It felt far more camp cliché blockbuster-ish and manufactured. But my biggest issue lied in the dialogue. The humor in this lacked much of the wit seen in the former; instead it's replaced with kid-friendly goofball comedy and horrible one-liners. I wouldn't say the original is devoid of that, but the seriousness of the predecessor just isn't present here. In fact, in my opinion, it's seriously dumbed down.  

So much of the film felt like a filler issue in a comic book. While Whiplash was probably my favorite new role, he himself never felt especially threatening and was ultimately dispatched pretty quickly. Where were the police at the race? One bullet to Ivan's very exposed head and that's game over. Roll credits! That was a huge plot hole in my opinion. You mean to tell me that a guy with limited reach, little mobility, and a completely exposed body could take being repeatedly hit by a car and not instantly taken out by a single Iron Man blast...really? I know this is a comic book, subtitled suspension of belief, but I find an Iron Man suit that comes out of a freaking suitcase more realistic than that! I couldn’t buy that at all…suspension of belief became eye-roll. In fact, I just couldn't buy Whiplash being a physical threat to Tony whatsoever. And is there really any denying he was a bizarre choice for a film?

It almost feels like an overindulgent Iron Man story, made less for the title character and more just as a glorified setup for the Avengers. It doesn’t feel required viewing to me in any way. It's like that issue in a comic that has the failed nothing-but-gimmick one-timer villain that no one remembers later on down the road. You know, the ones that become nothing but an obscure trivia question used to impress friends or that satire joke character that only you and your pals ever talk about aloud. "Remember the Rocket Racer? What about the Kangaroo?" I feel they basically decided to take something like that and run with it. I just keep thinking "This over Mandarin?" If this was a comic book, I'm convinced people would deem it forgettable, but because it's a big budget motion picture, it'll get praise from some. Seeing what Favreau can do, I can’t help but feel he somewhat lowered himself to Hollywood Michael Bay levels. The first film felt so tailor made for the comic audience in particular, I think part of that being its critical success, but this felt very..."Lets aim it at children," especially when it came to the extremely overused brand of juvenile comedy and the shameless marketing plug kid in the toy Iron Man helmet - now available at Wal-Mart for only $35.99! ...I gagged a little, cute though he was. I thought this franchise would be above putting a real-world product placement tactic in the film itself. That entire scene was just a multimillion dollar brainwash commercial.

The film isn’t bad enough to say I feel betrayed, it’s rather good at accomplishing certain things, but I’d certainly say it’s disappointing enough to say claims of it failing to be a worthy sequel are fair. But hey...that's me and it seems I'm kind of in the minority! I honestly don't hate the film, but I've just got more beefs with it than a butcher. Maybe the original set my bar way too high, I'm in freaking love with it, but I just found this very shallow and campy, especially when compared to said original. Over all, I'd give it a solid 3. I would never say it's bloody awful, but it's not ...well...much of anything in my opinion. Just another shallow blockbuster.  

Minor comic book nerd gripes: I really wanted Black Widow to have a Russian accent. I’d much rather have classic Nick Fury over Ultimate. I really wish Whiplash’s final suit (which is destroyed so anticlimactically) was crimson in tribute to his other amalgam inspiration. Nothing that really hurt the film for me, the comedy did enough of that, but in an ideal world...    

Jim Halpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jim Halpert

I'm one of those fans that don't analyze the movie line by line trying to find every single meaning, trying to compare it to the comic books, asking why Black Widow has no accent, why Justin Hammer is Dana Carvey, why Jarvis is not a butler, and then spend half the day writing why.  

That life is boring.  

That's what chicks flicks are for.

Instead of just taking it for what it was, a fun entertaining movie. 

This movie enterained the hell out of me and that's all I asked for. 

For giving me and my buddies one helluva good time, I give this 4.5 / 5 too.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Can't wait to see this movie! 
    Sounds like this is what Batman Forever was aiming for and missed!  
    (Jim Carrey as a Justin Hammer-like Edward Nigma obsessed with being Bruce Wayne; Tommy Lee Jones completely wasted as a Ceasar Romero version of Two-Face; and, Nicole Kidman just completely wasted.) 
    I thought AC/DC was tying their Greatest Hits album in with Iron Man...

MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MysterioMaximus
    @Jim Halpert said:

"
    I'm one of those fans that don't analyze the movie line by line trying to find every single meaning, trying to compare it to the comic books, asking why Black Widow has no accent, why Justin Hammer is Dana Carvey, why Jarvis is not a butler, and then spend half the day writing why.  

That life is boring.  "

I do just that and my life is anything but boring. Word of advice: Speak for yourself. Vast sweeping assumptions tend to make one look...uneducated. I think it's boring to not analyze because, to me, not analyzing essentually translated to not thinking, meaning a waste of time. I can't see putting thought into viewing a film as any sort of negative.

Librianoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Librianoa

hi my self saw this movie last week end and yes it was more people who have claim the movie was bit too wayward from the start and then adjust into position where it begins to make lot of activities to bring the   Iron man into certain desire of reach i did agrees with making a diffract short of culture around him and it was awesome.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I was disappointed with the Black Widow. Natalie? Come on! I can appreciate switching character ethnicities to be clever, but nationalities? Other than that, it was fun. Gwyneth Paltrow was annoying.

beastie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By beastie

AC/DC missing was the biggest mistake of the film... Great rock music will be perfect for Iron-Man, especially for fighting scenes. And also fighting scenes was quite short.

Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Storm Rider
    @Illyana Rasputin said:
    " I was disappointed with the Black Widow. Natalie? Come on! I can appreciate switching character ethnicities to be clever, but nationalities? Other than that, it was fun. Gwyneth Paltrow was annoying. "
    I've seen this mentioned a few times here and elsewhere. It seemed to me that, with her being a secret agent, using her real name and a Russian accent wouldn't be the way to go into deep cover at Stark Ind. Actually, there's a 9 page prequeal comic "Iron Man 2: Black Widow" over at Marvel Digital comics where Nick Fury tells her "We need to get you embedded right away. We'll have your new ID and your credentials all set up." So obviously "Natalie Rushman" is not supposed to be her real name.

Also, one of the characters in the prequel comic takes a look at her resume during her interview at Stark and says "umm....Natalie Rushman.....interesting name". Clearly a nod from writer Joe Casey to comics fans who may be against the perceived name change in the film.
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GT-Man

i just watched it last night i give it a 5/5 it was realy GOOD to me

conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By conformist21

the breakdown around the time with tony buying strawberries and watching his father in that video could've been cut in half and the ending fight scene could've been stretched by like 5 minutes, that would've been better.
    The movie had all the right elements for an amazing movie but since they weren't executed that well, it came off only as a great movie.

Jim Halpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jim Halpert
    @MysterioMaximus said:
    "@Jim Halpert said:

"

That life is boring.  "

I do just that and my life is anything but boring. Word of advice: Speak for yourself. Vast sweeping assumptions tend to make one look...uneducated. I think it's boring to not analyze because, to me, not analyzing essentually translated to not thinking, meaning a waste of time. I can't see putting thought into viewing a film as any sort of negative.

"

And what made you assume I was actually referring to you?   

Oh man that's a killer!
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz

Stan Lee=Larry King?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By King_Saturn
    I saw this movie Last Friday Night and I must say I was Highly Impressed with it... cant wait to see Thor now... 
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Fire-brand

personally i don't see why everyone is freaking out about Scarlett johansson's lack of russian accent. i really don't see how it's that big of a deal. you can pick it apart all you like but in my not-so-humble opinion the movie did a great job incorporating all of the characters into the plot in a significant way. Would i have liked another person as Natasha? sure. Am i at all upset or dissapointed in SJ's performance or portrayal? no, not at all. why can't people just accept little changes like that without all the fuss.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Fire-brand: I personally could car else about an accent as well as the actor can pull off the character well, which I believe Scarlett did; however, I'm not happy with how the writer's wrote her. It felt forced.
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Fire-brand
    @inferiorego said:
    " @Fire-brand: I personally could car else about an accent as well as the actor can pull off the character well, which I believe Scarlett did; however, I'm not happy with how the writer's wrote her. It felt forced. "
    Well, i can't argue with that. She did seem to pop up a bit too much, but i'm just glad they actually worked her into the plot. She wasn't like Megan Fox in Transformers 2, black widow actually did stuff. But i'd defend her to death anyway since Scarlett Johansson is my favorite actress. Well, her and Zooey Deschanel.
    4Essence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 4Essence
    @inferiorego said:
    " @Fire-brand: I personally could car else about an accent as well as the actor can pull off the character well, which I believe Scarlett did; however, I'm not happy with how the writer's wrote her. It felt forced. "

I agree completely

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.