Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Have I missed something? The invincible iron man #520

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gonzo33

Who is the person in the 'new' iron man suit and who is the person in the 'old' iron man suit? Is it Rhody and Pepper? Everything in this issue just seemed very rushed....

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By X35

@Gonzo33: Rhodey is in the new Iron Man suit........but for some reason, Marvel thought it'd make sense to have a cover with Tony in the suit. Just confuses more people, especially since the only place they've properly established it's Rhodey in the suit is routinely on the previously on pages.

Pepper Potts is Rescue. That was the "classic" Iron Man suit I think you're referring to.

Gonzo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gonzo33
    @X35 Thanks! It just seemed like people were turning up out of nowhere. For a conclusion to this arc, it was pretty much, detroit steel killed and Tony under mind control. All of which could have been told in 3 issues instead of 5.
    X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By X35

@Gonzo33: Yeah, I've been dipping in and out (litch just here for Melter - who's been handled terribly)... it's just been told really badly. They keep forgetting to give details like explicitly confirming in the story who the new Iron Man is...and that damn cover doesn't help at all...we still haven't seen or had it referred to as Rhodey under that armor. Except in the last 3 issues when on the previously on bit it says "James Rhodes faked his death and became the new Iron Man". And I don't even want to try and make sense of who the hell Detroit Steel is anymore. It's gone from being a guy to a woman to a guy again.

Melter should just show up and melt everyone involved with trying to tell this story.

warpgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warpgirl

so tony can't be iron man because of drinking and rhodes fills in... where have I heard this before?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.