Good Iron Man centric Avengers stories.

#1 Posted by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

Are there any good Avengers stories where Iron Man plays a major role besides Civil War and Red Zone? I have mostly read stories from the 70 and 80's and here either Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver is the main characters.

#2 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

The current New Avengers title is good. It starts out more heavy on Black Panther, but there are some great moments with Iron Man. That book explores Stark's intellectual ability (along with the other members') more than his physical prowess in the suit. So if you are looking for Iron Man in some serious action scenes I wouldn't recommend it.

The book has Marvel's greatest minds coming up with all types of world-saving solutions and having all sorts of debates about the ethics of such in the process. It's just great.

#3 Edited by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

The current New Avengers title is good. It starts out more heavy on Black Panther, but there are some great moments with Iron Man. That book explores Stark's intellectual ability (along with the other members') more than his physical prowess in the suit. So if you are looking for Iron Man in some serious action scenes I wouldn't recommend it.

The book has Marvel's greatest minds coming up with all types of world-saving solutions and having all sorts of debates about the ethics of such in the process. It's just great.

Sounds intresting I might check it out.

#4 Edited by tupiaz (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there other stories worth checking out?

Edit: I found storyline The Crossing is worth a read?

#5 Posted by Spideress (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz: I generally haven't heard great things about the Crossing, but I haven't read it myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.