Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11197 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Fraction Scripts IRON MAN 2 Game

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

The IRON MAN 2 VIDEO GAME is just stuffing its magazine full of heavy caliber bullets…

War Machine’s confirmed as a playable character…BLAM!

Crimson Dynamo’s included as a villain…BLAM!

Lamb of God cuts a new song for the theme…BLAM!

Now, we’ve got another slug with more than a fraction of extra gunpowder (I can never resist puns)…

KA-BLAM!   
      KA-BLAM!   

Insert coin now...
    Insert coin now...

INVINCIBLE  IRON MAN writer and CASANOVA creator Matt Fraction’s been enlisted by Sega to script the story for the video game. In addition to his prior experience with ol' shellhead, Fraction seems qualified for the job by virtue of his strong and informed view on how movie-based movies succeed or fail, which he shared with UGO in an interview recently…

"I think movies make bad games.   What they call cutscenes in games are actual scenes in film. [The video game] needs to get away from that and be more of an interactive experience... I was enthused they weren’t interested in just adapting the film because it just wouldn’t make for a great game. Or it would, at least, make for a very short game… I was enthused they weren't interested in just adapting the film because it just wouldn't make for a great game. Or it would, at least, make for a very short game.”

Please select player...
    Please select player...

I believe it’s called a Gaidan in Japan. Rather than being a direct adaptation of IRON MAN 2, the game will be something of a “side story.”  Fraction’s storyline will run parallel to the movie’s while still remaining separate. The writer went on to define that modular quality, himself…

"The tone and theme more than direct elements. The character stuff and thematic issues that the book and the film are struggling with, you see in the game. Tony declaring that he's Iron Man, makes it the best and worst day of his life, and he's haunted by a past he's not particularly fond of. So that stuff sort of resonates throughout all three worlds, if you will."

Pull! I’m shooting the skeets up for you, Comic Vine community. Squeeze the trigger on your wrist-mounted mini-gun and let me know what you think of Fraction’s involvement. Snapshot! Scattershot!

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

When they make Comic Book Video Games based off the movies they are never good

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " When they make Comic Book Video Games based off the movies they are never good "
    agreed but I think almost every single comic book game whether it was based on a movie or not has sucked
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @danhimself said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " When they make Comic Book Video Games based off the movies they are never good "
    agreed but I think almost every single comic book game whether it was based on a movie or not has sucked "
    I thought Arkham Asylum and Web of Shadows were good but I was sick of them after a week
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By They Killed Cap!
    @danhimself:

Mortal Kombat VS DC was good
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Jotham

I would be excited, but if they are just now hiring a writer then there is no way they can make this thing good.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    agreed but I think almost every single comic book game whether it was based on a movie or not has sucked "
    I thought Arkham Asylum and Web of Shadows were good but I was sick of them after a week "
    Arkham Asylum was good but like you said it didn't really have that much replay value...I played Web of Shadows for a few hours before I got sick of it and turned it off

@They Killed Cap! said:
    " @danhimself: Mortal Kombat VS DC was good "

I disagree
    Avatar image for ninjasquirrel01
    ninjasquirrel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ninjasquirrel01
    @Son_of_Magnus: 
    Excuse me sir, Spiderman 2. That is all I have to say.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

It's hard to make movie based games. More so when it also involves comics. You have to try and tell a story why also making the player feel like they are really living the experience of the hero. Spider-man 2 did pretty good for starters by allowing players to have a scale New York to actually web swing through. I actually think the Ultimate Spider-man game did it best. The city had much more personality and detail. I believe an Iron Man game would be better served trying to make the game like an over arcing story. Rather then a bunch of cameo villains. That only serves to make things convoluted.

Movie based games are normally bad because the developers are pressured to meet the dead line of the movies. Some of the best movie based games come out no where near the movies release date. They are more often nothing more then promotional tools.

The comic artist Joe Madureira actually did the character design, story, and script for that latest game Darksiders. Yes, the game did play in combat like God of War, but it was also fun with the Zelda-esque questing. I thought the story was pretty good. Even if they don't make a sequel game. I'd hope he would make a comic to finish that story.

gonzooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gonzooo

I enjoyed ultimate spiderman a lot.
    I also think the Wolverine Origins game was good, a lot better then the movie

dirtymik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dirtymik

Fraction's involvement could be a boon to the game. It is another sign of comics creators moving into other creative areas like the movie article below was talking about.

Arkham Asylum is the best comic book video game ever made. Can't wait for AA 2 now.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Agent Buttons
    That's nice. I'm not going to buy it tho
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By jefprice

Iron Man was pretty good, it was just very short. (game) Fraction is perfect at everything he touches save maybe Xmen, he's a great guy and I'm pumped about this. 

daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daveydavey

I cant afford these new games...Geesh, I feel bad for parents with thier kids begging and begging...Hehe 
    I'll pick it up in 5 years when it's in the used bin for 10 bucks....Hehe
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By No_name_here

Heh... do any of you remember that ridiculous Batman Forever arcade beat 'em up?

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Chane
    @Tom Pinchuk: yeah I had that on the megadrive. It looked horrid I seem to recall
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By Moomin123

I wanna buy this game, just to see if it is as good as we are hearing it is.
    teh_r0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By teh_r0b
    @danhimself said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    X-Men Legends (1&2)
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1&2)
    Batman: Arkham Asylum (except for the ending)
    noname2062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By noname2062
    @teh_r0b said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    X-Men Legends (1&2)Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1&2) Batman: Arkham Asylum (except for the ending) "
    Add to that X-Men Origins: Wolverine , Hulk : Ultimate Destruction (not the one based on the movie) and Ultimate Spider-Man.  

I wasn't interested in the first Iron Man game, but now that Matty Ice is involved, I'll give it a look.
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    @noname2062 said:
    " @teh_r0b said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    X-Men Legends (1&2)Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1&2) Batman: Arkham Asylum (except for the ending) "
    Add to that X-Men Origins: Wolverine , Hulk : Ultimate Destruction (not the one based on the movie) and Ultimate Spider-Man.    I wasn't interested in the first Iron Man game, but now that Matty Ice is involved, I'll give it a look. "
     Ya for sure those were all great games had a blast with all of them. I would like to include also marvel vs capcom and x-men vs street fighter. 
    Its good that you didnt play the first iron man movie game because it was terrible. Hopefully they started from scratch on this one. The controls were awful.
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Meteorite

Not all comic book games suck. Some of my favourite games are MUA, Spider-Man 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men Legends II.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.