First Official 'Iron Man 3' Image Released

• 63 results
Posted by G-Man (37021 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to hand it to Tony Stark. Upon building the Iron Man armor, he didn't just stop. He wanted to continue to improve the suit because that's what he does. He's a brilliant inventor so why would he settle for just one suit? It might be more cost effective to try to improve an existing suit before just creating a completely new one. But since he has a bit of money lying around and likes flashy things, it makes sense he'd keep building new models.

Today, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures has released the first official image from Iron Man 3. Production has been underway but apparently principal photography has now started.

It may not reveal anything new but that's okay. The movie's release date of May 3, 2013 is still a ways off. We don't need spoilers just yet.

The sequel will be directed by Shane Black and has started production in Wilmington, North Carolina. Other shooting locations include Raleigh/Durham; Miami, Florida and China.

#1 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9999 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool cool

#2 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing all the suits of armour in the film lined up like that is epic. Hopefully Iron Man 3 will follow the Extremis route. I'd really like to see that storyline on the screen. And the Mandarin too!

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34018 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what Tony's deal is with gold and red

#4 Posted by the3rdborn (39 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they dont do extremis just yet it seems like its too soon

#5 Posted by lightfright12 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if there will be any references back to the avengers?

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat.

#7 Posted by ARMIV2 (8717 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeeee-hee-hee!

#8 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Let it be mandarin, and fin fang foom, please.

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of Batman's different costumes in the Batcave!

#10 Posted by Friskynesss (66 posts) - - Show Bio

why do I have a feeling that part of the plot is that someone will steal these suits :))

#11 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else have a problem with the Mark II being there? It'd have to be a recreation, since it had been turned into War Machine.

The Mark I made sense there, since Stane had gathered the parts and had them in the building at the end of the first film. But the Mark II? Should be gone, man.

#12 Edited by ThomasElliot (364 posts) - - Show Bio

@Friskynesss:

I guess you didn't see the unofficial leaked set photos from last week? ;)

Actually, I found it funny that a lot of comic blogs skipped over those pics. Hmm...

#13 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThomasElliot: maybe is that they don't want it to be spoilers or the don't think is real

#14 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9204 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY Glad to see some stuff for Iron Man 3

#16 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@dewboy01 said:

Let it be mandarin please.

YES!

#17 Posted by DDangelico (221 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be rad! I'm bummed that Favreau isn't directing again, but Shane Black should fit in well with this series. His work with RDJ in Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang, was awesome!!

#18 Posted by ravisher (694 posts) - - Show Bio

nice showcase

#19 Posted by skrutop (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Ferrari colors.

#20 Posted by SoA (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

extremis/bleeding edge armor combo i see happening , it makes sense, seeing how in part 2 he had the suitcase and in avengers he had the rocket suit , he keeps looking for more quicker and efficient ways to have the suit equipped the extremis route makes sense that and the main baddie if=s from the extremis storyline so...

#21 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@dewboy01 said:

Let it be mandarin, and fin fang foom, please.

Mandarin has actually been confirmed as a villain in the film. Source: LatinoReview

#22 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

please please show all the armors like hulk buster , I would be so happy

#23 Posted by Xerdek (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Bueno.

#24 Posted by deadpool25mm (604 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Tony_Shark (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Shane Black a good director? I don't know much about him :/

#26 Posted by Teerack (7156 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool! I like how we actually got to see these in the ironman and avengers movies.

#27 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

After how people felt on iron man 2, i am a bit nervous for this one

#28 Posted by War Killer (20358 posts) - - Show Bio

Always love seeing the Tony's armory, just goes to show how much the suit has advanced and what changes/modifications he's made as he progresses to the next armor.

#29 Posted by Jewlz_Verne (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: In the film they make it out that the metal is gold and he just adds red because he sees one of his cars with red and yellow/gold flames ( hot rod). he than says something to the effect of "throw a bit of hot rod red in there" or ' throw a little red in there" to Jarvis.

#30 Posted by Fetts (4494 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope War Machine gets an appearance here. Can't wait for the movie!

#31 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34018 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jewlz_Verne said:

@spiderbat87: In the film they make it out that the metal is gold and he just adds red because he sees one of his cars with red and yellow/gold flames ( hot rod). he than says something to the effect of "throw a bit of hot rod red in there" or ' throw a little red in there" to Jarvis.

yea but I meant at the very begging, I wonder why Marvel chose red and gold
#32 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, but to hell with Iron Man 3. I'm ready for Avengers 2. Bring on Thanos!

#33 Posted by BigRed125 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I don't know about the red...but when the comics first began, Stark used the Mark I armor for an extended period of time. The major problem concerning this variation of the armor was that it did a very good job of scaring the living day lights out of people. Stark asked Pepper (At least I think it was Pepper) what he should do to make his appearance less frightening and she suggested that he paint the armor gold.

#34 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

I hope War Machine gets an appearance here. Can't wait for the movie!

I second that, and Add I dont care if he has the smallest role in the movie as long as he shows up and kicks some A@$ a few times IM Good.

(+)

#35 Posted by That60sGuy (288 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigRed125: @BigRed125 said:

@spiderbat87: I don't know about the red...but when the comics first began, Stark used the Mark I armor for an extended period of time. The major problem concerning this variation of the armor was that it did a very good job of scaring the living day lights out of people. Stark asked Pepper (At least I think it was Pepper) what he should do to make his appearance less frightening and she suggested that he paint the armor gold.

No it wasn't Pepper. She hadn't made her first appearance yet. It was just another glamour girl Tony was dating who suggested people would like Iron Man more if he looked like gold.

#36 Posted by Namor1987 (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad to see the Hall of Armors is finally completed. I hope the Bleeding Edge armor comes next since it's the most recent one Tony has been using. I still can't tell the difference between the two armors to the left of the Silver Centurion/Briefcase armors is. They look the same just one is a brighter version of the other. My favorites are the Silver Centurion & Capsule armor. I also hope War Machine appears

#37 Posted by sora_thekey (8180 posts) - - Show Bio

@cmaprice said:

Anyone else have a problem with the Mark II being there? It'd have to be a recreation, since it had been turned into War Machine. The Mark I made sense there, since Stane had gathered the parts and had them in the building at the end of the first film. But the Mark II? Should be gone, man.

You're right! I had forgotten about that... There's always the chance Tony took it back and made it into Mark II again. That's the most likely story since the War Machine armor is not in the armory.

#38 Posted by Friskynesss (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThomasElliot: the Iron Patriot? yeah I did :)) but the possibility of having Norman Osborn on Iron man is just ~(o.o~) too early

a friend suggested that the Iron Patriot Armor is a fourth of July thing :)) what do you think :>

#39 Posted by blueninjapanther (679 posts) - - Show Bio

nice can't wait to watch this

#40 Posted by Deadcool (6813 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

Reminds me of Batman's different costumes in the Batcave!

Not even close...

Iron Man's Suits
#41 Posted by SadiaVicious (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Where-Where's Extremis armor?! D:

#42 Posted by Mister_Sensational (193 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually have a problem with both the MK I and MK II armors being there. I mean the MK I armor was the original one he created while captured which was ultimately destroyed upon his escape, Stane may have found the parts but he created a whole different armor which was actually larger than the MK I, so unless that's the Iron Monger armor it really shouldn't be there. As for the MK II as we all know Rhodey took that and turned it into the War Machine armor so it shouldn't be in his armory either. Will these minor continuity errors keep me from seeing the movie... you bet your ass they won't!

#43 Posted by sinestro_GL (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Cooooooool

#44 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

And I'm already loving it!! :D

#45 Posted by ADAMocracy (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@the3rdborn:

How would the extremis be too, there will only be avengers 2 and 3

#46 Posted by LordRequiem (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

That Iron Patriot colouring doesn't work for War Machine if this is the case. Why can they not stay true to the looks at least? Is that too much to ask, for the characters to at least bare most resemblance to their comic book counter parts, apparently, apart from some more recent instances, it is.

#47 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: no magic

#48 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: If you're referring to the Mandarin's rings, they could be some kind of highly advanced technological artifacts or alien in origin. In fact the Mandarin's rings are alien in origin so it could be linked into Thanos or that servant dude of his that commands the Chitauri. Given that they've established the "Ten Rings' terrorist group in both of the Iron Man films, Mandarin appearing as the Iron Man 3 villain is probable. He's the archnemesis of Iron Man so leaving him out would be unwise.

#49 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: well, that looks amazing!

#50 Posted by Jewlz_Verne (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I wander if their gonna have a bot more of war machine in this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.