Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11202 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Faran Tahir Not Returning To Iron Man 2 + Trailer News

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    There was a little bit of confusion with the first Iron Man movie.  We had Faran Tahir play a character named Raza who was the leader of a terrorist group called the Ten Rings.  This lead a lot of people to believe that the Raza character could be revealed to actually be the Mandarin.  Even though his character apparently died in the first movie, it wasn't an on-camera death.

Whether or not Raza would ever become the Mandarin won't be seen any time soon.  Superhero Flix had the chance to talk to Tahir at a Star Trek DVD/Blu-ray release event (Tahir played the USS Kelvin Captain Richard Robau).  Tahir had publicly stated that he does believe his character had a connection to the Mandarin.  When asked if he'd be in Iron Man 2, he replied, "No, no I'm not in the film."

No Caption Provided
    What about the Iron Man 2 trailer?
    We can expect it soon.  While no official announcement has been made, Favreau has been dropping hints.  He recently Re-Tweeted the following:

RT @Ann_Howard: @Jon_Favreau PLEASE tell us the trailer is coming soon – w/Sherlock Holmes, perhaps??

That would make the most sense since Robert Downey Jr is in both films and Sherlock Holmes is expected to have a big opening.  Let's just hope it's a decent trailer (whenever it comes out) and not just some lame-o ultra tease that just show something like his helmet or something.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

I'm kinda glad, as his character didn't seem strong or scheming enough to be a Mandarin in the making.  That said, it wouldn't be the first time that the press has been lied to in order to fool fans away from the truth ;)

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I'm kinda glad, as his character didn't seem strong or scheming enough to be a Mandarin in the making.  That said, it wouldn't be the first time that the press has been lied to in order to fool fans away from the truth ;) "
    Like the Nick Fury at The end of Iron Man, the press believed he was at the end but they said he wasn't and he was taken out of the Pre-theatrical Release, and then he was in a the theatrical release. I hope it's like that for Hulk in IM2
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mbecks14

didnt he die?

crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By crazywolf

I figured he died when Stane blew him up in that tent.

Avatar image for celestialheroin
    celestialheroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By celestialheroin

they could just say the character raza works for mandarin 

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!: Red LAMP and I saw a press screening for the first Iron Man. We sat and waiting all the way to the end (even though we didn't know there should be something). We were let down when there wasn't any bits after the credit.  But that was the price for getting to see it early.
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Favreau has stated that mandarin will have a "presence" in all three movies and most likely be the badguy in the third movie. If you notice, in the pics for IRON MAN 2 Hammer wears a large ring. This might not mean anything, but I think mandarin might be the "emporor Palpatine" of the iron man movies and is always in the shadows pulling the strings but is never seen till the end. hammer has a ring, and the ten rings terrorist group could mean that The ring is a symbol for there secret organization led by The Mandarin, like the masons or something. thats my theroy i could be wrong.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Agent Buttons
    bummer. still can't wait for this movie  :D
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By HaloKing343

When does Sherlok Holmes come out?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @HaloKing343: Christmas Day....December 25.
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Agent Buttons
    @HaloKing343 said:
    "When does Sherlok Holmes come out? "

Christmas
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Kid_Zombie said:
    "Favreau has stated that mandarin will have a "presence" in all three movies and most likely be the badguy in the third movie. If you notice, in the pics for IRON MAN 2 Hammer wears a large ring. This might not mean anything, but I think mandarin might be the "emporor Palpatine" of the iron man movies and is always in the shadows pulling the strings but is never seen till the end. hammer has a ring, and the ten rings terrorist group could mean that The ring is a symbol for there secret organization led by The Mandarin, like the masons or something. thats my theroy i could be wrong. "
    I like this theroy, the Ten Rings were ment to give everyone that feeling that there is someone bigger controling all of this, and I think people (and Iron Man), think that the Ten Rings are dead, but only their "Leader" was killed, not the whole group itself.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Media_Master

So he isn't in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Dude this guy was in Star Trek....wow that was random, quit judging me!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @reaper2923 said:
    "

Dude this guy was in Star Trek....wow that was random, quit judging me!

"
    I saw him in it, and didn't even remember he was in Iron Man until I read this news
    Overguardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Overguardian
    @celestialheroin:
    That's what I assumed from the beginning. 

For one thing why would a Middle Eastern terrorist take the name "Mandarin"? Mandarins were beaurocrats in Imperialist China, it would make no sense for him to come back using that name.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bruce Vain

Wouldn't make any sense for a middle-eastern to play an asian anyways. Though it would be cool if say he became Whirlwind or someone like that. But the role of The Mandarin should obviously go to Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa . 

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I really cannot wait for Mandarin! And I like that his mystique has been threaded and hinted at since the get-go. He’s far too large, powerful, and intelligently conniving a villain to just be thrown into the end of a trilogy. His presents should be made early and Favreau is totally doing that. I’m thrilled! I heard more hints at Mandarin are in the sequel and he’s planned to show up in the flesh for the third installment. The only problem is how exactly do you pull him off? If you make his rings technology based, you miss out on that pretty underlying theme of technology or science versus mysticism and spirituality. However, if you leave the rings as magic-based…that could definitely come off corny and out-of-place in this more grounded superhero film franchise. Either way, he's got to have rings of some kind or it's just not Mandarin.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Moomin123

The Mandarin should be played by a Chinese actor, like Chow-Yun Fat. He'd be an awesome Mandarin. Jet Li would be good too, he was good as the Dragon Emperor in the Mummy 3.
    ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ARMIV
    @Bruce Vain said:
    "
    Wouldn't make any sense for a middle-eastern to play an asian anyways. Though it would be cool if say he became Whirlwind or someone like that. But the role of The Mandarin should obviously go to Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa . 

No Caption Provided
      "
    Oh,he's AWESOME!
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @ARMIV:
    Hell yeah he is !! 
    :D
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By grimreaper1980

because his character was killed in the first film duh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.