Ed Norton Talks About Hulk Cameo In Iron Man 2

Posted by G-Man (31845 posts) - - Show Bio

As we wait for Iron Man 2 to arrive in theaters, the rumors have been flying.  One of those rumors has dealt with a possible cameo by the Hulk and/or Ed Norton as Bruce Banner.  At a recent event, MTV asked Ed Norton about the rumor.

I heard that. I don't know where that's coming from. I am not in 'Iron Man 2' to my knowledge.

Does that settle it?  Does this squash the rumor?  What could be happening is maybe Norton has been ordered to deny any rumors.  I've seen that happen before on other films.  If it's just a cameo, perhaps they'll film it if and when they do re-shoots.  Also, just because Norton is not set to appear, all that says is that Bruce Banner may not be doing a cameo.  That doesn't mean that Hulk won't be appearing.

I'm not trying to add fuel to this fire that may have gone out but you never know.  Maybe it'd be better if he wasn't in, even if just a cameo.  There seems to be a lot going on already in Iron Man 2 with Whiplash, Justin Hammer, Nick Fury, War Machine, Black Widow and a possible love triangle with Pepper Potts.  A Hulk cameo would help to create the sense of the bigger 'universe' and set things up for the Avengers movie but would it just be a distraction?

What do you think?  Do you think a Hulk cameo would have been cool?  Do you want to see more cameos in the movie or have it focus just on Iron Man?
Staff
#1 Posted by Jump_Start89 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that a hulk cameo would be cool, but maybe something that isn't to big cause at least then it would set up the Avengers movie and still keep the focus on Iron Man
#2 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what to think of it, there is alot going on already. But, on the other hand, it would add to some people's questions on how big of  a role (if at all) he will play in the Avengers movie.

#3 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't need a Hulk cameo really, there seems to be enough going on here for me. Just mention of the Hulk would be cool enough for me or maybe just a shot of him at the end of the movie in a video Tony is studying for a future adventure.    
#4 Posted by inferiorego (22646 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more of a fan of interweaving the stories through dialogue. Throwing a cameo in there takes away from the focus of the film. Why not have Fury & Stark have a discussion of what can go wrong, mentioning the Hulk scenario. Then again, I'm a cheeseball

Staff
#5 Posted by G-Man (31845 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: That's how I felt when there was talk of Superman showing up in the Green Lantern movie.  As cool as it'd be to acknowledge the vast 'universe' of characters, I think it'd be distracting.  Now if they do it after the credits, that'd be okay.  But then it feels like just a stunt and not crucial to the entire movie.  I don't know.  Guess I don't have a firm position on this.
Staff
#6 Posted by inferiorego (22646 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: We're both pretty much fence-sitters.
Staff
#7 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd much rather see the Hulk instead of the Banner anyway.  How great would it be for the Hulk to come smashing thru some wall and facing of with Iron Man and then (end credits)  That's a classic comic book cliff hanger.  Nuff Said
#8 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @inferiorego: That's how I felt when there was talk of Superman showing up in the Green Lantern movie.  As cool as it'd be to acknowledge the vast 'universe' of characters, I think it'd be distracting.  Now if they do it after the credits, that'd be okay.  But then it feels like just a stunt and not crucial to the entire movie.  I don't know.  Guess I don't have a firm position on this. "

Haven't hear that rumor.  You slipped.  You never mentioned it on the vine.
#9 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

They should REALLY try to focus more on the solo characters in the solo movies, with only bits and pieces of other characters to keep fans wanting more from "The Avengers". All of these cameos are just turning the solo movies into mini "Avengers" movies, kind of like a reverse of all three "X-Men" movies which were basically all mini "Wolverine" adventures, with a bunch of scattered cameos. And Magneto playing chess a lot. 

There's a VERY thin-line to cross here; "Batman And Robin" and "X-Men 3" set the templates for "Too damn much going on, too many characters, not enough focus on anything in particular. FIGHT SCENE!!!" 

"Iron Man" is too good a movie to fall into those trappings; Favreau hasn't even come close yet, but like I said, it's a thin-line.

#10 Posted by G-Man (31845 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenkey said:

" @G-Man said:

" @inferiorego: That's how I felt when there was talk of Superman showing up in the Green Lantern movie.  As cool as it'd be to acknowledge the vast 'universe' of characters, I think it'd be distracting.  Now if they do it after the credits, that'd be okay.  But then it feels like just a stunt and not crucial to the entire movie.  I don't know.  Guess I don't have a firm position on this. "

Haven't hear that rumor.  You slipped.  You never mentioned it on the vine. "
December 1, 2008:  
http://www.comicvine.com/news/superman-cameo-in-green-lantern-movie/137627/

Also: 
http://www.comicvine.com/hal-jordan/29-11202/green-lantern-close-to-getting-director/92-383673/
Staff
#11 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be a good idea.

I think that the cameo schedule should go like this. 

Nick Fury-Iron Man 
Iron Man-The Incredible Hulk 
Hulk-Iron Man 2 
Hulk-Thor 
Thor-Capt. America

#13 Posted by Tuffworldinc (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I think cameos are cool. In the comics themselves characters crossed paths constantly. I just don't want them to find some way to destroy these two marvel characters like they have done in the past.

#14 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it when they do the little cameos for the movies. It makes an interesting sort of continuity. Even if it's just a passing scene. Such as what they did in the HULK movie. It was something I never expected.

#15 Posted by SuperXAsh (509 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno... maybe at least throw in a Bruce Banner cameo...
#16 Posted by King Saturn (224001 posts) - - Show Bio
hmmm... a Hulk cameo in Iron Man 2 ? It could be interesting...
#17 Posted by Kashimu (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather not have Hulk show up. I think it would only serve as a distraction really.

There seems to already be a lot going on in the movie.

#18 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

It could be something that the studio is hoping to shoot right before the film gets released to keep it quiet. I'm pretty certain that if Norton or Hulk appears it
would be after the credits like the rest of the cameos and not part of the main story.

#19 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey! Iron man appeared in HULK so Hulk better appear in Iron man damit! GB has freaking spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Posted by crazed_h3ro (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

theres lots of cameo in marvel movies these days
#21 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be stoked to see him pop up.  Why the heck not?  I do think at the end credits is awesome, but I also wouldn't mind having him show up even for just a few seconds.  Maybe show him leaping through the air?  Like you said just because Ed Norton won't show up as Bruce Banner, doesn't mean ol' Jade Jaws won't show up. 
#22 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be really cool if Hulk was in the movie, but only briefly, and distant. I think these movies need to begin casting other superheroes/villains in a broader dialogue on the Marvel universe. For instance, I think it'd be great if Iron Man was flying over Central Park to get to an incident somewhere with a villain, and he looks down and sees Hulk fighting off villains/Army (depending on whether Hulk will be portrayed as an enemy in IM2).

#23 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X said:
"Just mention of the Hulk would be cool enough for me or maybe just a shot of him at the end of the movie in a video Tony is studying for a future adventure."
that's what a cameo is.
#24 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk cameo ftw
#25 Posted by Wolf0990 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

edward norton should be in it. if you go to imdb, it has him listed in the cast. sooooooooooooooooo he must be hiding something.

#26 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be great to see a Hulk cameo, but moreso if he wasn't directly in the movie himself. Like, you see him on TV news coverage somewhere, or something. If he did appear himself, at the end of the credits would be where he should be, I think.

#27 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

He's gonna be there, just wait.

Marvel: Hey Eddy, you know that time you got coffee? well me and the guys just went ahead and videotaped you for a cameo in Iron Man 2.

I swear it's gonna happen like this.

#28 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt this will happen.
#29 Posted by ryanwh (373 posts) - - Show Bio

The 2nd movie was so damn boring.

#30 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Having Bruce Banner as a cameo sounds better than having the Hulk.

#31 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: 

WHy did you use a picture of the Hulk from the first hulk film? i thought we all agreed that film never happened. 

lol.jk
#32 Posted by Arkangel0 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Marvel's trademarks in the new releases, has definitely been the Cameo's. It just brings the whole "Marvel Univerise" thing into perspective for movie-goers. Especially the new fans. Its also followed by a sense of legitimacy to ALL the films and plants a seed in the viewer for the next feature. When a hot ass chick who doesn't know anything about comics sees Robert Downey Jr in the Hulk and says " I can't wait for the Avengers movie now", I'm pretty sure it was good idea.

#33 Posted by box turtle (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope this movie is better than Iron Man 1
#34 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i kinda hope a captain america cameo honestly since stark does do weapons for him
#35 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man:
yes i would like to see a cameo from the hulk

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.