Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Do you think Spider-Man is in risk of losing his best supporting character to Tony?

• 42 results
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I am really pissed.

But you know what? Its not like Slott was using her. And I have given up on Slott's work.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@punyparker Hope not, but we don't know what the future will hold. maybe we'll find out something at next months NYCC.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not only one of his best supporting characters, also his spot as Marvel flagship character.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is not his best supporting character, so no.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker Hope not, but we don't know what the future will hold. maybe we'll find out something at next months NYCC.

Thing I that is what I've always fear might happen ever since Superior Spider-Man #31, that the only what to separate Peter and Mary Jane is to take her out of the book completely and or move her somewhere else.

It's just a shame that my fear that RYV was some sort of swan song to the marriage seems to be coming true.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The stupidity of Marvel.

Beata

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

Not only one of his best supporting characters, also his spot as Marvel flagship character.

This won't be taken away from him, ever....

She is not his best supporting character, so no.

Really.....
    Who is then?

It's just a shame that my fear that RYV was some sort of swan song to the marriage seems to be coming true.

When i was telling all of you that this is a meaningless whole bunch of nothing, you were barking at me....

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Spider-man does not have a "best" supporting character, they all have there merits. Also the idea of something being the "best" is subjective.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Spider-man does not have a "best" supporting character, they all have there merits. Also the idea of something being the "best" is subjective.

She's the love of his life, and his best friend......i don't think it goes further than that.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan said:

She's the love of his life, and his best friend......i don't think it goes further than that.

There are a few characters that can be argued to be the love of Spider-mans life. And he has more then one best friend.

And again when something is the "best" It can be subjective.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan: It's Mary Jane man.

Ok, cool, whatever you say.

ThePeaceweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't buy these. This is what Bendis does to sell comics and make himself think he's clever. I've heard rumours she's going to be like a life assistant, but it's obviously going to end up romantic.

It also flies in the face of her character. She leaves Pete because superheroism only to jump on another superhero. Marvel really sucks lately.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kfabz-23

@punyparker: Ironman's new book literally says he's Marvel's flagship character though.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@punyparker: Ironman's new book literally says he's Marvel's flagship character though.

Good for him.
    Now let's see who sells more, and for whom Marvel made SUCH an effort to bring to their Cinematic Universe, despite the loads of money they already get from him.

Oh, right.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kfabz-23

@punyparker: don't shoot the messenger. Marvel are just making it clear that Ironman is at the top right now, followed by Spider-Man & Captain America.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: She hasn't done much lately. she's only been around to witness how messed peters life has gotten, then she makes a comment about how much of an idiot is, or how she can't handle it right now.

If she was doing anything important than sure i would be a little upset. Then again she will still show up in spider-man, and this whole thing is clearly temporary.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kcomicfan said:

Lately she hasn't been much of either, she's even gone as far as considering leaving the city to get away from him. She seems pretty much done with him unless it's life and death.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
    @punyparker said:
    @kcomicfan said:

Lately she hasn't been much of either, she's even gone as far as considering leaving the city to get away from him. She seems pretty much done with him unless it's life and death.

She's handled really poorly by a certain writer.

@kfabz-23 said:

@punyparker: don't shoot the messenger. Marvel are just making it clear that Ironman is at the top right now, followed by Spider-Man & Captain America.

You're right, i'm sorry.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think so. She may even just be there during Bendis run, however long it lasts.

(But if it does happen.... Uuugghh. Don't even wanna think about it.)

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not one to jump into conclusions. But l hope she's involved in Amazing Spider Man vol 4.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Lmfao. Where do you get your facts from? Spider-man is the biggest cash cow in comics. He sells more merchandise than any other hero. Iron Man isn't even close. Let me know when Iron Man cracks the top 10 consistently.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: Ironman's new book on the solicits it said that he's Marvel's flagship character and the number one superhero on the planet. Again don't shoot the messenger.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, we've all seen this...

Face It, Tony Stark, You Just Hit the Jackpot | News | Marvel.com

Now that she's in Iron Man and not in Spider-Man, and probably will regain her fame, due to good writing.....maybe she'll head down the road of Kingpin?....

If the writing will be good, there's no guarantee of that. In one sense it is good because it plays into the mu being an entire universe (once they stop destroying it all and reboot). People move and drift into and out of other peoples lives all the time in the real world.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think so but, it is possibly depending on how well Bendis writes MJ and how well his portrayal of her is recieved with the fans.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: Sales say otherwise.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub: it does but hey if Marvel says he's the flagship character who am I to argue?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: I just don't want MJ to become an Iron Man character.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: I just don't want MJ to become an Iron Man character.

Nor do I since I feel Tony Stark is a super villain with good PR. She would have been far better striking out on her own in a title that could cover the stories of a normal woman living and dealing with a very abnormal comic book world. But what are the odds that marvel would ever chance that sort of book? Right now Bendis can do what he will because no one at marvel seems to want her around. In my opinion the company doesn't really have any idea of what to do with her and not enough imagination to come up with something new. Tossing her to Tony is probably the best they can think of to do.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found out what Bendis meant when he said about this Mary Jane & Tony “They know each other. She used to live in Avengers Tower." I found it in The Amazing Spider-Man #650 and Peter & Mary Jane weren't married at the the time they were boyfriend & girlfriend, so what Bendis stated was canon.

No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PunyParker

Nor do I since I feel Tony Stark is a super villain with good PR.

Nice.
    I loved that.

She would have been far better striking out on her own in a title that could cover the stories of a normal woman living and dealing with a very abnormal comic book world. But what are the odds that marvel would ever chance that sort of book?

Non.

Bendis picked her up because NOBODY ELSE DID.
    This is bizzare, anyway you think of it.

Yeah, that's what i've been saying all along.
    It is sad, but it seems that Bendis love for Spider-Man and the world around him, might actually saved a character.

@animehunter Agreed? ^

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By animehunter

@mark_stephen said:

Nor do I since I feel Tony Stark is a super villain with good PR.

Nice.

I loved that.

@animehunter Agreed? ^

Yes

@mark_stephen said:

She would have been far better striking out on her own in a title that could cover the stories of a normal woman living and dealing with a very abnormal comic book world. But what are the odds that marvel would ever chance that sort of book?

Non.

Bendis picked her up because NOBODY ELSE DID.

This is bizzare, anyway you think of it.

@animehunter Agreed? ^

I as well would have prefered her to have her own title for those same reasons. Unfortunately Marvel is too short sighted to implement it.

and yes it's very bizzare that no one wanted to use her except for Bendis.

Agreed

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mark_Stephen

If the Fantastic Four had survived the corporate war I wouldn't have minded seeing MJ there for a little while. Not sure why, but Sue could use a friend. At least she's staying away from the X-men otherwise she might be stuck with Cyclops or Magneto. But for a non-powered non-costumed female character I really find it hard to believe that she's anything to the Iron Man title but another potential conquest for Tony. I can see Bendis using her as hostage bait, hooking her on drugs so that Tony can save her... Basically just distorting the character like he does most other characters.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: A dude, (can't remember who, sorry in advance man) pitched an incredible , potential, concept for the existing situation.

Imagine if the situation was like it was left over from the destruction of Parker Ind, and MJ has to work for Tony, and Peter being torn on trusting this whole thing as it is, because it's Tony, he's a friend and he'll take care of MJ, AND on the same page, it IS Tony, so as much of a friend as he is, he can't be controlled, when it comes to booty, (and especially Mary Jane "supermodel" Watson booty) so Peter is worried, and MJ is offended by Peter's lack of trust.

This is insanely interesting!
    AND IT'S SO F*CKING SIMPLE!!!!

But no.Peter has to be a millionaire, and live in London.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By animehunter

@punyparker said:

@animehunter: A dude, (can't remember who, sorry in advance man) pitched an incredible , potential, concept for the existing situation.

Imagine if the situation was like it was left over from the destruction of Parker Ind, and MJ has to work for Tony, and Peter being torn on trusting this whole thing as it is, because it's Tony, he's a friend and he'll take care of MJ, AND on the same page, it IS Tony, so as much of a friend as he is, he can't be controlled, when it comes to booty, (and especially Mary Jane "supermodel" Watson booty) so Peter is worried, and MJ is offended by Peter's lack of trust.

This is insanely interesting!

AND IT'S SO F*CKING SIMPLE!!!!

Well, it would certainly be more interesting.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Grounded AND more interesting!?????

That just CAN'T be....

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Grounded AND more interesting!?????

That just CAN'T be....

You know I didn't mean about about him becoming a millionaire, right?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.