Could Tony Stark meet his "end" in AvX?

Posted by zmanm407 (132 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Tony Stark will die at the end of Avengers vs. X-Men.

The cover for #12 seems to show him leading the charge against the Phoenix Force, and as conversation between he and the Panther shows he is not only willing to, but is almost hoping to, die to stop the Phoenix.

I see the new armor Iron Man is supposed to be sporting in Marvel NOW! and I couldn't help but notice the color.

Does anyone else remember a certain armored avenger of the MC2 Universe that went by Mainframe?

Could Tony Stark die at the end of AvX and be replaced by an armor that he programmed with his brain patterns?

#1 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Iron Man comics were fairly successful.

#2 Posted by bearklaw19 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not, Iron Man is my favorite Super Hero, and how did you get a look at issue 12?, arent we only on issue 8..

#3 Posted by CrimsonCake (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think marvel would ever dare to do something like that without bringing him back.

#4 Posted by Gonzo33 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Can the Phoenix Force bring people back from the dead? Colossus brought it up in the latest Wolverine and the X-men, so I really hope they don't kill people off and then go 'OH FIRE MAGIC' and everybody comes back to life.

#5 Posted by karrob (4264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gonzo33 said:

Can the Phoenix Force bring people back from the dead? Colossus brought it up in the latest Wolverine and the X-men, so I really hope they don't kill people off and then go 'OH FIRE MAGIC' and everybody comes back to life.

Yes it can. I am positive Iron Man wont die. And if he did it would tie into the soft reboot or refreshing of Marvel so he would be brought back anyway.

#6 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8092 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill the ironMan? Nah. The cover is just to throw people Off. Jean Grey might just return.

#7 Posted by Lvenger (21294 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. Iron Man is still popular enough for Marvel to merchandise and stuff. They wouldn't kill off a prime asset like that.

#8 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

With a third Iron Man movie and two more Avengers movies on the way, it's pretty unlikely they will kill off Stark. The whole replacing him in the armor (again) is bad enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.