Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Anyone still like him?

Mr. Punisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mr. Punisher

I mean he bassicily ruined the Marvel U with his Registration Act.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

I do

Mr. Punisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr. Punisher

Me to but not as much

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By castleking

i stop liking him a long time ago... the registration act was just the kicker then the clone thor i just wanted bury him..

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Strafe Prower

no.

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By talon_x23

I mean he did cause a lot of trouble and a war almost because of it but he had a good reason for it I guess

Mr. Punisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr. Punisher

Look I still like him just not as much I mean he was 2 on my fav list next to Punisher but now? 5

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
    Iron Man is still Cool...
    Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Iron Man is one of Marvel's best characters, right up there with Spider-Man.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sora_thekey

I hated him because of the Registration Act and the thor thing and even the whole Hulk being sent to space and stuff.......
    Now with the whole Dark Reign thing I like him again because he´s Wanted and he´s intreasting because of teaming up to get back at Osborn....

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By castleking

also IM past history doesnt show him as trust worthy friend.. thor gave him asgardian magic as an energy source to help ppl... he turned it into a battle armor to fight thor instead he is a major D@!k he should have bn locked up a long time ago..

Cavalry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cavalry

No.

His armor and the movie is cool, the individual is sickening.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
    Cavalry said:
    "No.

His armor and the movie is cool, the individual is sickening."
    That's what separates him from all the other goody goody heroes.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Nighthunter

No Caption Provided
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bioghost
    Nighthunter said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    "
    god damn it!! as much i hate to say this but he right. it is impossible to settle a planet of frickin superpowered prima donnas. unless wanda say "NO MORE POWER"
    I very netural to him now since he the most wanted man alive now.
    methias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By methias

I definitely still like him, more than before if anything. Reading his ongoing leading into The SRA and Civil war really made what he decided to make some sense.

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The Hottness

Iron man is my boy, i'll back him up anytime

Mr.Voo the Doo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr.Voo the Doo
    The Hottness said:
    "Iron man is my boy, i'll back him up anytime"

Ditto
    Cavalry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cavalry

Writing something into a fancomic to 'defend' iron man does not make it right.

He is still a fascist / Stalinist.

Partial list of crimes: (I did not write this, if you want to discuss it, go to its source)

-Supporting a blatantly unconstitutional Law.

-Failing to provide adequate security for Steve Rogers (a man known to have many powerful enemies.)

-Employing known killers and thugs in the pursuit of unregistered heroes.

-Failing to apprehend known villains in favor of apprehending unregistered heroes.

-Engineering two near-International situations in order to further his agenda.

-The unlawful imprisonment of American citizens

-Attempting to bind non-American citizens to the American Registration Act

-Using the good name of a deceased American Hero in order to trap and apprehend
    unregistered heroes.

-Manufacturing a negative zone prison in order to bypass both civil and basic human rights. (mine)

The acts of this man are clearly fascist and elitism at its worst.

I mean seriously.. submit or be wrongfully imprisoned and left to rot till you die unless you do that we say?  No law can take away basic human rights.  No rights? No freedoms?  For people who did no wrong?

Nice art on the little comic, but it does not make things right, nor does it really make sense.

I can like the thematic idea of a guy in power armor as much as the next guy, but that does not make me support him as a character when he becomes Stalin 2.0

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By castleking

hilarious..... gotta tell you all that sounds evil and unconstitutional to me.. question is using the negative zone be considered an act of war and invasion of a sovereign nation/reality?

No Caption Provided

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By speedlgt
    Cavalry said:
    "Writing something into a fancomic to 'defend' iron man does not make it right.

He is still a fascist / Stalinist.

Partial list of crimes: (I did not write this, if you want to discuss it, go to its source)

-Supporting a blatantly unconstitutional Law.

-Failing to provide adequate security for Steve Rogers (a man known to have many powerful enemies.)

-Employing known killers and thugs in the pursuit of unregistered heroes.

-Failing to apprehend known villains in favor of apprehending unregistered heroes.

-Engineering two near-International situations in order to further his agenda.

-The unlawful imprisonment of American citizens

-Attempting to bind non-American citizens to the American Registration Act

-Using the good name of a deceased American Hero in order to trap and apprehend
    unregistered heroes.

-Manufacturing a negative zone prison in order to bypass both civil and basic human rights. (mine)

The acts of this man are clearly fascist and elitism at its worst.

I mean seriously.. submit or be wrongfully imprisoned and left to rot till you die unless you do that we say?  No law can take away basic human rights.  No rights? No freedoms?  For people who did no wrong?

Nice art on the little comic, but it does not make things right, nor does it really make sense.

I can like the thematic idea of a guy in power armor as much as the next guy, but that does not make me support him as a character when he becomes Stalin 2.0"

That is the list I have been telling people about for a long time Yeah he for all those reasons should be in jail.......Its funny that after all that I am the worlds biggest COP and its was all good NOW that the goblin is in command its not ok? and now hes just like wolverine and the rest on the run from the LAW....if he really was a man of the law like he claimed he would join osborn why not its same thing he was doing?????

I both love and hate Ironman just right now in all thats happened I want him to fry
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#22  Edited By HaloKing343

I love him. He's my favorite hero right now.

Citizen Vance*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Citizen Vance*

I don't care about Tony is much as I used to but he's still one of my favorites.

Blade-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blade-man

You're calling Iron man Stalin?You sad person.

hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hulkinup

He needs to drink himself to the grave,well I actually think that is taking it a bit far but I don't like Iron Man and  WWHulk should have made sure he never leaves a bed again.He's a hero/prick,maybe you need those in stories every now and then though.

Echoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Echoes

It wasn't really HIS registration act. But they really rubbed me the wrong way with this story, I mean Tony's always been a douche but they took it a bit far. Thats one of the reasons why the movie was harder to sit through.

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I still like him.  He did what he thought was right.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Constantine

I still like him

John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By John_Feaster

I hated the Tony we were fed durring the Civil War, but these days...the Tony Stark who knows he was the bad guy, and is trying to make up for it...I can see the man I once thought of as a hero. I'm buying his comic again, if that says anything.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @John_Feaster said:
    "    I hated the Tony we were fed durring the Civil War, but these days...the Tony Stark who knows he was the bad guy, and is trying to make up for it...I can see the man I once thought of as a hero. I'm buying his comic again, if that says anything. "
    Tony during Civil War was the best Tony.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Vance Astro said:
    "
    @John_Feaster said:
    "    I hated the Tony we were fed durring the Civil War, but these days...the Tony Stark who knows he was the bad guy, and is trying to make up for it...I can see the man I once thought of as a hero. I'm buying his comic again, if that says anything. "
    "

No he wasn't he was preety much a bad guy....
    Dark Reign Wanted Tony is much more fun and intresting
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I am still a huge Iron Man and Tony Stark fan. Marvel did everything they could to make him into the worlds biggest douche during Civil War and then during Secret Invasion. And the reason he doesn't join Osborn because Osborn doesn't want him to join up so it can be Iron Patriot and Iron Man fighting crime and the unregistered together. Comparing Osborn and Stark is like comparing apples and oranges, Stark did what he did because he felt it was the right thing to do, Osborn is doing it for his own personal gain.

Webstad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Webstad

I still like him, and he ranks among my favs. I, myself, am opposed to the registration act, but he had good intentions. The whole idea was to protect the public at large, which is what every hero is trying to do anyhow. I just think it was poorly executed, and only came about because Nitro (a villain no less) set off an explosion that killed some heros and kids. It's as if the gov't was trying to blame the heros for the actions of a bad guy. I understand where Stark is coming from, and he really is a good guy, but mutants are sentient beings; you can't treat them like merchandise. They have social insurance numbers like every other citizen, so why tag them again?
    It's actually very similar to a registration act where I live (British Columbia, Canada). The provincial gov't wanted to enable a registration act on all firearms, thinking that they can stop the black market trade of illegal weapons. Guess what? It doesn't make any difference, because the bad guys aren't going to register no matter what you do. And the good honest guys are getting black listed just for owned firearms (you know, hunters who look to put food on the table). And it becomes more difficult for civilians to protect themselves from the bad guys, because it becomes harder for the civilians to obtain guns (without resorting to the black market). Point in hand: it's a nice, well-meaning idea, but all you get in the end is more grief. And the bad guys are still out there and unaccounted for.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Webstad said:
    " I still like him, and he ranks among my favs. I, myself, am opposed to the registration act, but he had good intentions. The whole idea was to protect the public at large, which is what every hero is trying to do anyhow. I just think it was poorly executed, and only came about because Nitro (a villain no less) set off an explosion that killed some heros and kids. It's as if the gov't was trying to blame the heros for the actions of a bad guy. I understand where Stark is coming from, and he really is a good guy, but mutants are sentient beings; you can't treat them like merchandise. They have social insurance numbers like every other citizen, so why tag them again? It's actually very similar to a registration act where I live (British Columbia, Canada). The provincial gov't wanted to enable a registration act on all firearms, thinking that they can stop the black market trade of illegal weapons. Guess what? It doesn't make any difference, because the bad guys aren't going to register no matter what you do. And the good honest guys are getting black listed just for owned firearms (you know, hunters who look to put food on the table). And it becomes more difficult for civilians to protect themselves from the bad guys, because it becomes harder for the civilians to obtain guns (without resorting to the black market). Point in hand: it's a nice, well-meaning idea, but all you get in the end is more grief. And the bad guys are still out there and unaccounted for. "

@Webstad: Very well put and a very good point. Registration only hurts the good law abidding person.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @sora_thekey said:
    "
    @Vance Astro said:
    "
    @John_Feaster said:
    "
    No he wasn't he was preety much a bad guy.... Dark Reign Wanted Tony is much more fun and intresting "
    No.Dark Reign Tony sucks.He doesn't have anything.His suit sucks and his life sucks.I'm bored.I stopped reading it in fact.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By John_Feaster
    @Vance Astro said:
    "
    @sora_thekey said:
    "
    @Vance Astro said:
    "
    @John_Feaster said:
    "
    No he wasn't he was preety much a bad guy.... Dark Reign Wanted Tony is much more fun and intresting "
    No.Dark Reign Tony sucks.He doesn't have anything.His suit sucks and his life sucks.I'm bored.I stopped reading it in fact.
    "

Well, it's no suprise that we can't agree on that point, Vance...but let's be honest with each other. We aren't going to agree on much involving the modern Marvel Universe, aside for the fact that I'm guessing we both like the new Guardians of the Galaxy ;>)

No problems there. The world continues to spin. Even when my interest in Marvel was at it's all time lowest (Civil War and Dark Reign) I can still find a dozen titles I love. Uncanny X-Men (JEAN'S COMMING BACK?), Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers, Captain Britain, Wolverine First Class, New Mutants, Incredible Hulk,  Hercules, Thor and the Guardians of the Galaxy have kept me entertained.

And as far as Tony's new/old armor sucking, the Golden Avenger armor he's wearing in the latest advertisments is the suit I always liked most. That's the one I grew up on in the late 70's through early 80's. It's a classic, dang it all ;>)

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Push
    @Mr. Punisher said:
    "I mean he bassicily ruined the Marvel U with his Registration Act. "
    No, that was Marvel ;-) It just happend to be Tony's turn to feel the pinch.

@Nighthunter said:
    "I do "

Hell yeah!@
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By John_Feaster
    @sora_thekey said:
    "
    @Vance Astro said:
    "
    @John_Feaster said:
    "

Seeing Tony have to struggle like the X-Men always had to - hunted and hounded from one bolt hole to the next, with foes always at his heels - has made him more human to me than the Tony Stark who looked out over New York from the top floor of Avengers Tower and casually decided who was a good guy and who was a bad guy...and so often make the wrong dicision. He now sees how easily his system was corupted, and being hunted by the very same forces he unleased against other non-reg heroes has made him behave like an actual hero again.

I know. I'll hear "He was always a hero" from certain crowds. and in a way...he was. He was always looking out for the good of the common man. But he went about it the wrong way - turning his back on old friends, refusing to back off unless forced to do so, and trusting people who were NEVER worthy of it -, and now it's costing him. He and Reed Richards both thought that since they were the smartest, their dicisions would be better than most. But here they are, the victems of a penny-ante, two-dollar schemer like Norman Osbourn. Being in the same situation as Cap was - running for his life from a government and system he now feels is wrong - has been good for Stark and company. It's forced them to look at the world from the other sides position. Maybe those freedoms they'd casualy forced others to give up - such as personal privacy - were important after all. Ah, well...live and learn...

But still, I do feel sorry for Tony. He was the center of a huge Marvel story arch about the abuse of power that was the real world "Patriot Act", and now he's part of Marvels desperate attempt to shift gears and back away. We've a comicbook reading Liberal is in power. A fan and collector of classic Marvel titles like Amazing Spiderman and Conan the Barbarian. Be honest. Doesn't the whole Civil War and it's aftermath feel very "George Bush/Dick Cheney/Donald Rumsfeld" in nature? 

And here poor Marvel had this storyline planned long before the election, and now that Barak Obama is in charge...it already seems tired and old. I have a feeling that Marvel's going to rush this story line through as soon as it can, and try to be more hopefull with the next. 
    Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Calvin

I never liked Tony from the start, but I'm enjoying his adventures since the "World Most Wanted" started. 

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
    #1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he's still cool

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By speedlgt

I like him alot more now I hated stark for all the evil he did. I mean really he was very evil with the best of intentions! so now hes the worlds worst failure and its done him a lot of good. Hes getting paid back 10 fold and hes loosing his smarts! its a great story and i really do feel that he will find a level of redemption in the end. its a good thing because I really felt there was no redemption in my eyes for him....yet they did find a way to make him seem like he could be saved

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @John_Feaster said:
     Seeing Tony have to struggle like the X-Men always had to - hunted and hounded from one bolt hole to the next, with foes always at his heels - has made him more human to me than the Tony Stark who looked out over New York from the top floor of Avengers Tower and casually decided who was a good guy and who was a bad guy...and so often make the wrong dicision. He now sees how easily his system was corupted, and being hunted by the very same forces he unleased against other non-reg heroes has made him behave like an actual hero again.   I know. I'll hear "He was always a hero" from certain crowds. and in a way...he was. He was always looking out for the good of the common man. But he went about it the wrong way - turning his back on old friends, refusing to back off unless forced to do so, and trusting people who were NEVER worthy of it -, and now it's costing him. He and Reed Richards both thought that since they were the smartest, their dicisions would be better than most. But here they are, the victems of a penny-ante, two-dollar schemer like Norman Osbourn. Being in the same situation as Cap was - running for his life from a government and system he now feels is wrong - has been good for Stark and company. It's forced them to look at the world from the other sides position. Maybe those freedoms they'd casualy forced others to give up - such as personal privacy - were important after all. Ah, well...live and learn...   But still, I do feel sorry for Tony. He was the center of a huge Marvel story arch about the abuse of power that was the real world "Patriot Act", and now he's part of Marvels desperate attempt to shift gears and back away. We've a comicbook reading Liberal is in power. A fan and collector of classic Marvel titles like Amazing Spiderman and Conan the Barbarian. Be honest. Doesn't the whole Civil War and it's aftermath feel very "George Bush/Dick Cheney/Donald Rumsfeld" in nature?    And here poor Marvel had this storyline planned long before the election, and now that Barak Obama is in charge...it already seems tired and old. I have a feeling that Marvel's going to rush this story line through as soon as it can, and try to be more hopefull with the next.  "

@John_Feaster: You hit the nail right on the head. Civil War definately felt like a dig on the, then current administration. And then Secret Invasion with its Accept Change campaign aids felt to much like they were doing slepping for Obama. And to the casual person, who doesn't realize how long these story lines take to mature, they would look like they were being very political. And I do think they are going to rush through Dark Reign and that's going to hurt the story. And from what I've heard after Dark Reign Marvel doesn't have any big events planned for some time.
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By John_Feaster
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    "
    @John_Feaster said:
     Seeing Tony have to struggle like the X-Men always had to - hunted and hounded from one bolt hole to the next, with foes always at his heels - has made him more human to me than the Tony Stark who looked out over New York from the top floor of Avengers Tower and casually decided who was a good guy and who was a bad guy...and so often make the wrong dicision. He now sees how easily his system was corupted, and being hunted by the very same forces he unleased against other non-reg heroes has made him behave like an actual hero again.   I know. I'll hear "He was always a hero" from certain crowds. and in a way...he was. He was always looking out for the good of the common man. But he went about it the wrong way - turning his back on old friends, refusing to back off unless forced to do so, and trusting people who were NEVER worthy of it -, and now it's costing him. He and Reed Richards both thought that since they were the smartest, their dicisions would be better than most. But here they are, the victems of a penny-ante, two-dollar schemer like Norman Osbourn. Being in the same situation as Cap was - running for his life from a government and system he now feels is wrong - has been good for Stark and company. It's forced them to look at the world from the other sides position. Maybe those freedoms they'd casualy forced others to give up - such as personal privacy - were important after all. Ah, well...live and learn...   But still, I do feel sorry for Tony. He was the center of a huge Marvel story arch about the abuse of power that was the real world "Patriot Act", and now he's part of Marvels desperate attempt to shift gears and back away. We've a comicbook reading Liberal is in power. A fan and collector of classic Marvel titles like Amazing Spiderman and Conan the Barbarian. Be honest. Doesn't the whole Civil War and it's aftermath feel very "George Bush/Dick Cheney/Donald Rumsfeld" in nature?    And here poor Marvel had this storyline planned long before the election, and now that Barak Obama is in charge...it already seems tired and old. I have a feeling that Marvel's going to rush this story line through as soon as it can, and try to be more hopefull with the next.  "

@John_Feaster: You hit the nail right on the head. Civil War definately felt like a dig on the, then current administration. And then Secret Invasion with its Accept Change campaign aids felt to much like they were doing slepping for Obama. And to the casual person, who doesn't realize how long these story lines take to mature, they would look like they were being very political. And I do think they are going to rush through Dark Reign and that's going to hurt the story. And from what I've heard after Dark Reign Marvel doesn't have any big events planned for some time."

Nice to know someone else feels the readers were being hit over the head with a political message...HARD! By the way, with "Dark Reign" being about Bush (and that WAS George W. Bush) appointing Norman Osbourn to power just before leaving office...do you get the impression that they were pulling for Obama...but maybe expected McCain?

No huge, sweeping events planned after "Dark Reign"? Man, that is music to my ears. I for one feel that this trend has run it's course for the time being. "That river has run to the sea.", as Stephen King might say. ;>)
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Calvin said:
    "I never liked Tony from the start, but I'm enjoying his adventures since the "World Most Wanted" started.  "
    Totally agree.... Is tarted reading iron Man from Most Wanted on!
    John_Feaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By John_Feaster
    Nova`Prime` said:
    @John_Feaster said:  Seeing Tony have to struggle like the X-Men always had to - hunted and hounded from one bolt hole ... [more]

I read somewhere that the whole "Dark Reign" isn't officially consodered an "Event" by Marvel any more, and is simply being called a Story Arch instead. Lets hope it's the last such Story Arch for a few years, and we can get back to letting the MU get back to normal. It'll take a while, and I don't know when I'll ever trust Reed Richards again, but I think it would be for the best. "War of Kings" has been a good localized event that hasn't dragged 9/10th of the Marvel titles into it's gaping maw, unlike Dark Reign, Secret Invasion, Civil War and such...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.