Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Another AC/DC IRON MAN 2 Contest

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

Let’s say the previous AC/DC IRON MAN 2 contest I told you about earlier this week corresponded to Shellhead himself. This one corresponds to War Machine. Yeah, let’s say that.

No Caption Provided

The grand prize is the full AC/DC back catalogue, a working Backtracks amplifier box set and the IRON MAN 2 collector's edition, as well as tickets to an IRON MAN 2 screening.

But you want details, huh? You want to know what the specs are, so to speak…
    No Caption Provided
    AC/DC Backtracks - The Ultimate AC/DC Box Set
    Contents:
    Five discs of rare AC/DC in one brand new, never-before-released collection:
    1CD of Studio rarities
    2 CDs of Live rarities
    2DVDs: Family Jewels Disc 3 + bonus videos & Live at Circus Krone in Munich,
    180g LP of Studio rarities
    164 page 12”x12” hard-back scrapbook-style book
    Loads of collector’s items and all contained in a working guitar amp! 
    No Caption Provided

AC/DC Iron Man 2: Collector's Edition
    Contents:
    CD/DVD inc 15 classic AC/DC songs plus over an hour of videos including the brand new video for 'Shoot to Thrill'. Also includes an exclusive, limited edition Iron Man comic book reprint with a custom, variant cover by Adi Granov, AC/DC stickers, poster and 32 page booklet.

Angus doesn't look like he approves, either.
     Angus doesn't look like he approves, either.
    So it isn’t a trip to Vegas with a hotel lined up and a chance to see AC/DC in concert, but that’s still a hell of a treasure trove. Seriously, that’s a lot of stuff. How can it be yours, though? That’s the important question. Once again, this isn’t so much a contest as it is a sweepstakes, meaning you don’t have to do anything except fill out your name and contact info at this website.  I think that’s a little bogus, personally.  A little un-metal. They should at least make you jump through some kind of hoop to win all those prizes. Either you have to win a battle of the bands or build your own armor or be the last man standing in a cage match or win a bout of comics trivia.  Something! Believe me, if you win, you’ll appreciate these box sets and collector’s edition so much more profoundly.

Seeing as how this is 2010 and what-not, the AC/DC IRON MAN 2 have integrated social networking into this cross-promotional endeavor.  They've got sites on Twitter and Facebook. Did you know that Comic Vine is on both, as well?  Check us out - - Tweet us and Facebook us on our official pages.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

again, entered
    again, thanks for the info
    again, who wants to buy some quality ACDC/Iron Man swag if i win? lol.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Final Arrow
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "again, entered again, thanks for the info again, who wants to buy some quality ACDC/Iron Man swag if i win? lol."

What you don't like AC/DC whats wrong with you.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Final Arrow: i like money more than possessions. but to be honest if i did say i didnt like ACDc, that might have been an uncool thing to say in the 80's.
    Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Vortex13

The fact that they are wearing they same stuff they wore in the 80's, including the prep school outfit, is pretty f##king hilarious to me.

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Benzo

I have entered the contest :) lol good luck to everyone who entered !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.