Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Afraid of Avengers Movie/My Ironman 2 Experience

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

Edited By doordoor123

After seeing Ironman 2 last night, i got scared. It wasnt a very good movie. The writing wasnt good at all and Tony Stark didnt feel like the same Tony Stark from the first movie. It seemed like too much was jammed into one movie. This scares me for the Avengers movie. This felt like another X-men 3 (but was considerably better). My question is; have the people at marvel learned their mistake? X-men did horrible and this wasnt too good either. I really hope this big cast thing that Marvel has a problem with is fixed by the Avengers movie. If not it will be a huge let down to all.
    Dont get me wrong, I liked the movie as an Ironman fan, but it didnt live up to what it could have been. Was it the huge cast with not enough time to go deeper into the characters? I think so. There were too many focus'. Tony Stark was doing his thing with his battery, War Machine was protecting Stark's image, Justin Hammer was trying to steal Stark's profit, Whiplash was trying to take down tony, Nick Fury was trying to recruit Tony, Pepper was trying to run a company, Black Widow doing i dont know what (being kick-ass), and overall it was just too much at once. It would have been better if Pepper stayed more of the romantic interest in the shadows, and war machine stayed as tonys best friend in the shadows until he needed to help tony in the suit, Nick shouldnt have been in it as much as he was, Black Widow shouldnt have had a pointless fight scene, etc. You catch my drift.

Now to my Ironman experience. I saw the Movie at 12:05 this morning at the Arclight Theater in Hollywood. Just as the movie was about to start, Jon Favreau and Robert Downey jr came into the theater, in front of the screen and introduced the movie. Everyone in the theater was on their feet clapping and taking pictures. Im pretty sure (since every movie was 5 minutes apart) that they introduced the movie to each room. It was really cool. Im sure there are pictures up somewhere on the internet. I had a really great time. I guess thats the benefits of living in Hollywood. Good thing i went to the movie instead of watching a bootleg =P

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

wow what a cool experience!!! 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

iron man 2 was great imo 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.