1947 IRONMAN COMIC BOOK FOUND - BLACK AND WHITE $?

#1 Posted by middlesomething (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi,
I recently came in to posession of a Ironman comic book printed in 1947, it is printed in black and white, anyone have any ideas what this might be worth?

thanks.

#2 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

For pricing related issues you can consult the Comics Price Guide or the Overstreet (bookstores, comic book shops, and some libraries carry them).

There are two other problems:
  1. One cannot simply give a monetary value for a comic without seeing it (or knowing it's grade).  Comic book grading takes a lot of experience and can be particularly tricky to do well.  Grade (indicating condition) has a huge effect on a comic book's value.
  2. I believe you are mistaken about the comic in question because unless I'm mistaken, Iron Man didn't appear until 1963 in Tales of Suspense #39, which would have been printed in full-color.
#3 Posted by King Saturn (223985 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmmm...very good Inside Information here
#4 Posted by Matches (224 posts) - - Show Bio

be worth roughly US$6,255,612.47

#5 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow a lil over paid wouldnt you think?

#6 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably a fake since like NiteFly says, Iron Man didn't appear until 1963.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223985 posts) - - Show Bio
Matches said:
"be worth roughly US$6,255,612.47"
Damn... thats quite a bit of money

(=
#8 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Matches said:

(=
"
Hey, if I had a vintage comic (e.g. Amazing Fantasy #15) then I wouldn't sell it. I'm the kind of person who buys it for that ridiculous amount of money.
#9 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Probably a fake since like NiteFly says, Iron Man didn't appear until 1963."
Published, but the idea came before that so its still possible.
#10 Posted by King Saturn (223985 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"King Saturn said:
"Matches said:

(=
"
Hey, if I had a vintage comic (e.g. Amazing Fantasy #15) then I wouldn't sell it. I'm the kind of person who buys it for that ridiculous amount of money."
Oh Wow

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.