Follow

Iron Man Noir

Volume »

The Marvel Noir world comes to Iron Man.

Review: Iron Man Noir

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    Seems like every Marvel character is getting a Noir book, even Luke Cage had one. Tony "Iron Man" Stark is the newest Marvel character to get his own Noir book, and although I tend to go into these Noir books extremely skeptical, I love to say I was pleasantly surprised.

The Good

I love a good adventure book, and that's exactly what this was: Indiana Stark. This book had everything that the 10 year old in me loves: Treasure, danger, adventure, Nazis (I don't love Nazis, but I love them losing in a story), and explosions. Obviously because this is a Noir book, it takes place in an alternate reality, and we understand that from the get-go. I never felt confused or the need to question something in the book. It flowed incredibly well. The art on this book was something that really caught my attention. It's a mixture of a few styles, and one of the styles that I noticed was a little influence from Leinil Yu, one of my favorite artists. I don't know whether or not it was intentional, or maybe Yu was one of the artist's inspirations, but it was something I loved.

The Bad

You could easily replace Tony Stark with Doc Savage. This didn't feel like a Tony Stark/Iron Man book, and I know the intention was to put a spin on it, but it feels like I'm not read Mr Stark. It feels like I'm reading about a millionaire adventurer on a treasure hunt who occasionally fights Nazis.

The Verdict

Even though Stark may be replaceable, this was the best of the Noir series so far. If you like anything adventure related, you'll love this book. And from the look of the final page of this issue, we're going to get a whole lot more adventure coming our way.

4/5

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

Hmmm I was expecting this series to tank!
    I'm surprised!

Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Crackdown

I loved this, it had me interested from the get go. I also never have seen narration cut short in the middle of a sentence. I love how one character is on the road to becoming another character (the female in the first few pages).

Avatar image for ninjasquirrel01
    ninjasquirrel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ninjasquirrel01

You know what's stupid? Daredevil Noir. An already noir character put into a noir setting.

Timm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Timm

Can they do no wrong with these Noir books?
    well-written books with lots of character and plot development. 

Maybe the whole industry should revert to single series story arcs.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I'm one sucker for 30's - 40's noir, so this series had my interest at go...and yet I've never read a single issue from any of them. But the combination of Tony Stark w/ Indiana Jones, that's too good for me to resist any longer. I'm broke, this will be mine!

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By doordoor123

I wont pick this up.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By kennybaese

I've really dug all of the noir stuff I've read so far and I love me some Iron Man so I'm pretty excited to read this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.