krakoa's Iron Man Noir #1 - Part 1 review

• krakoa wrote this review on .
  • krakoa has written a total of 204 reviews. The last one was for

Stark Noir

Since the Iron Man name sells better than just Tony Stark, I'll forgive Marvel for not naming this series Stark Noir. This first issue has little actual Iron Man in it, despite the awesome, but misleading cover. Imagine Tony Stark as Indiana Jones and you have the gist of what this comic is like. It pays homage to and invokes the feel of classic adventure pulp stories from the 30's. The message of standard hero fare like this being relevant in times of economic/political uncertainty draws a nice parallel from the Great Depression to now. This is fun and light without being a throwaway book.