What armor is this?

#1 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kind of confused. Here's a panel from an issue of Invincible Iron Man. It has many armors there but what armor's the big one in the middle. It looks like a lot of ones I've found but i'm not definite.        

The Big One Right Above This Sentence
#2 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3491 posts) - - Show Bio

That's his super hydrolic neck armor. It's for super hydrolic headbutts.

#3 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: Lol, but seriously, do you know? It's starting to annoy me.
#4 Posted by _slim_ (13058 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3491 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96: No idea. I do remember seeing that scene at some point though.
#6 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@_slim_: Yeah, I was thinking that. I'm not big into Marvel continuity but wasn't Heroes Reborn retconned or something like that?
#7 Posted by _slim_ (13058 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96: Yeah it was retconned or whatever Marvel came up with to explain it.
#8 Edited by Tetragrammaton (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The armor pictured is not any of the previously seen armors. Keep in mind for every general purpose and specialty armor he ends up using, there are any number of prototype suits that never make out of the lab.

#9 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tetragrammaton said:
The armor pictured is not any of the previously seen armors. Keep in mind for every general purpose and specialty armor he ends up using, there are any number of prototype suits that never make out of the lab.
Most likely this, it gives Tony a good reason for having just the right armor at just the right time. After all during World's Most Wanted that's what Osborn wanted the keys to the Iron Man vault and that think was like an indoor parking complex full of armors, some good and old, some new and never seen before.
#10 Posted by DATNIGGA (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

@batflasharrow96: I don't know but he is currently using it to fight mandarin

Invincible Iron Man #523

or some sort of a prototype or custom version of it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.