What Armor Does Stark Use Now??

Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio

Can he once again use extremis.  if not, what does he use??

#1 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon:  it's an upgrade of the extremis armor 
#2 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: cool.  is it part of his body like extremis??
#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @RedK: cool.  is it part of his body like extremis?? "

Moderator
#4 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @RedK: cool.  is it part of his body like extremis?? "

"
cool thanks
 
what new functions does that suit have??
#5 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @RedK: cool.  is it part of his body like extremis?? "

"
cool thanks  what new functions does that suit have?? "
No real clarifications have been made thus far. Iron Man has been fuelling additional power to his own mind, which makes him vastly more intelligent than before, and he has been called the world's smartest man twice, thus far, after this development. As for the suit itself, aside from being a fluid substance within Tony's own body,  being able to transcend supersonic speeds, and use repulsor rays in standardised manner (blasts), nothing else has been shown, or truly explained as of yet.
Moderator
#6 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: thanks for explaining that.   i wonder if it can absorb energy like the old SKIN armor.  they haven't explored that aspect for a while.
and i think its time for iron man to catch up to the time and have a suit that can go completely invisible.  im not talking about the stealth suit, im talking about one that can't be seen on radar OR with the naked eye.  i was reading an article and all these scientists are like developing it in two different ways (by refracting the light and by using cameras) and GI Joe had a suit that did that so did Ultimate Nick Fury.  Its time for Iron Man to have that function too.
#7 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @Morpheus_: thanks for explaining that.   i wonder if it can absorb energy like the old SKIN armor.  they haven't explored that aspect for a while. and i think its time for iron man to catch up to the time and have a suit that can go completely invisible.  im not talking about the stealth suit, im talking about one that can't be seen on radar OR with the naked eye.  i was reading an article and all these scientists are like developing it in two different ways (by refracting the light and by using cameras) and GI Joe had a suit that did that so did Ultimate Nick Fury.  Its time for Iron Man to have that function too. "
The stealth suit, as well as Extremis could be undetected from radars and the naked eye (Iron Man used that function against Spider-man).
 
Extremis could also absorb energy. Iron Man absorbed energy directly from the Sentry, in the arc the Mighty Avengers went up against Doctor Doom.
Moderator
#8 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @Morpheus_: thanks for explaining that.   i wonder if it can absorb energy like the old SKIN armor.  they haven't explored that aspect for a while. and i think its time for iron man to catch up to the time and have a suit that can go completely invisible.  im not talking about the stealth suit, im talking about one that can't be seen on radar OR with the naked eye.  i was reading an article and all these scientists are like developing it in two different ways (by refracting the light and by using cameras) and GI Joe had a suit that did that so did Ultimate Nick Fury.  Its time for Iron Man to have that function too. "
The stealth suit, as well as Extremis could be undetected from radars and the naked eye (Iron Man used that function against Spider-man).
 
Extremis could also absorb energy. Iron Man absorbed energy directly from the Sentry, in the arc the Mighty Avengers went up against Doctor Doom.
"
great the suit has everything i wanted lol
 
i just hope they comer up with something even better. 
#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @Morpheus_: thanks for explaining that.   i wonder if it can absorb energy like the old SKIN armor.  they haven't explored that aspect for a while. and i think its time for iron man to catch up to the time and have a suit that can go completely invisible.  im not talking about the stealth suit, im talking about one that can't be seen on radar OR with the naked eye.  i was reading an article and all these scientists are like developing it in two different ways (by refracting the light and by using cameras) and GI Joe had a suit that did that so did Ultimate Nick Fury.  Its time for Iron Man to have that function too. "
The stealth suit, as well as Extremis could be undetected from radars and the naked eye (Iron Man used that function against Spider-man).
 
Extremis could also absorb energy. Iron Man absorbed energy directly from the Sentry, in the arc the Mighty Avengers went up against Doctor Doom.
"
great the suit has everything i wanted lol  i just hope they comer up with something even better.  "
I think the possibilities are certainly there. Extremis was a very good first step but I think they should portray Iron Man as he should always be - using the tech of the future, now.
Moderator
#10 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

That suit is going cause tony some major issues

#11 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart:  how so?
#12 Posted by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio

Sawyer's new armour is awesome.

#13 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon said:
" @Morpheus_: thanks for explaining that.   i wonder if it can absorb energy like the old SKIN armor.  they haven't explored that aspect for a while. and i think its time for iron man to catch up to the time and have a suit that can go completely invisible.  im not talking about the stealth suit, im talking about one that can't be seen on radar OR with the naked eye.  i was reading an article and all these scientists are like developing it in two different ways (by refracting the light and by using cameras) and GI Joe had a suit that did that so did Ultimate Nick Fury.  Its time for Iron Man to have that function too. "
The stealth suit, as well as Extremis could be undetected from radars and the naked eye (Iron Man used that function against Spider-man).
 
Extremis could also absorb energy. Iron Man absorbed energy directly from the Sentry, in the arc the Mighty Avengers went up against Doctor Doom.
"
great the suit has everything i wanted lol  i just hope they comer up with something even better.  "
I think the possibilities are certainly there. Extremis was a very good first step but I think they should portray Iron Man as he should always be - using the tech of the future, now. "
agreed  thats what always made the character so cool.  @RedK said:
" @Voidheart:  how so? "
im wondering why too@LT1085 said:
" Sawyer's new armour is awesome. "
what, fraction isnt writing iron man anymore??
#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I call it "Extremis 2.0"! :D

#15 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" I call it "Extremis 2.0"! :D "
that works.  or Extremis: Mark II
#16 Posted by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: It was a joke, The artist that has been drawing him uses actor Josh Holloway who plays 'Sawyer' on LOST as a reference much like during the extremis arc that artist used Tom Cruise; Plenty others like Tommy Lee Jones as Norman Osborn,  Nicole Kidman as Pepper Potts,  Sam Jackson as Ult. Fury, and various porn stars as the X-men.
#17 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" @Voidheart:  how so? "
It seems to be bonded to him (and / or his spine), if the armor takes any severe damage, so does he.
#18 Posted by The_Warlord (1758 posts) - - Show Bio

I still liked the Extremis more

#19 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2133 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon: It was a joke, The artist that has been drawing him uses actor Josh Holloway who plays 'Sawyer' on LOST as a reference much like during the extremis arc that artist used Tom Cruise; Plenty others like Tommy Lee Jones as Norman Osborn,  Nicole Kidman as Pepper Potts,  Sam Jackson as Ult. Fury, and various porn stars as the X-men. "
oh i didnt know that@Voidheart said:
" @RedK said:
" @Voidheart:  how so? "
It seems to be bonded to him (and / or his spine), if the armor takes any severe damage, so does he. "
yeah but he regenerates just like it@Love said:
" I still liked the Extremis more "
why??
#20 Posted by misterz173 (314 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he uses an upgraded version of the Extremis armor, but, I'm not positive about that.

#21 Posted by greeneagle (172 posts) - - Show Bio

The suits mass is stored in the hollow of his bones, even the clothes he appears to be wearing, they are all stored in the hollow of his bones

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleeding Edge, and its awesome. I call it Extremis 2.0 though.

#23 Posted by SwordImpulse (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's some sort of nanotech.  Stark keeps it in the hollows of his bones that were made to keep his inner armor (the gold stuff that covered his skin when he wore extremis).  It's probably just as powerful as extremis, but I doubt he gets benefits such as technomancy, healing factor.   Wikipedia calls it "The Bleeding Edge".  Don't know where they found the name though.
  
Although, I could see it as being weaker than extremis.  I think extremis was overpowered.

I wonder if he has enhanced strength, healing factor, etc. now.  Stark mentioned that his new arc reactor fuels his body and brain, enhancing his intelligence.  Maybe it enhances his body too?

#24 Posted by The Mango (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

Will we EVER get to see this armor in action?

#25 Edited by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it 
 
 
 
btw 
 
The Bleeding Edge sounds like an Emocore band 
 
 
take that however you will

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.