Iron man's new armor

#1 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (315 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Force

Does any body know anything on Tony;s new armor. Does it operate similair to the Extremis armor, or is it a completely new deal. Does it have any new gadgets?
#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks just like all his other armor. : /

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of all the lights. I think it does the same things though

#4 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about the new armor,but I do know that I either really love it or hate depending on the artist.
#5 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody knows anything about it.

He's had it for like 5 months and he hasn't (as far as I know) so much as fired a repulsor beam yet. I love Fraction's writing in Iron Man, but man there needs to be some more action. He did trap apocalypse in a force field in Avengers, which is a decent feat I guess.

#6 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV:
It looks cool to me. It has kind of a retro look to it. The round Arc Reactor instead of the triangular one, the lights, and the face plate resembles the older suits unlike the Extremis model. I'm just curious as to how it operates.
#7 Edited by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio
@darkwolverineUSMC said:

" @ARMIV: It looks cool to me. It has kind of a retro look to it. The round Arc Reactor instead of the triangular one, the lights, and the face plate resembles the older suits unlike the Extremis model. I'm just curious as to how it operates. "

Well we don't know its offensive or defensive capabilities, but we do know a bit about how it operates. It's kind of like a "next level" extremis, the entire armor is on him at all times, and when not in use is either stored in the hollows of his bones or makes up his clothes. It's kind of like a Spider-man Symbiote in that way.

We don't know if Tony still has his technopathic capabilites he had with extremis, but he does have the reactor in his chest like in the movie, which increases his intelligence even further.
#8 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango said:
" Nobody knows anything about it.  He's had it for like 5 months and he hasn't (as far as I know) so much as fired a repulsor beam yet. I love Fraction's writing in Iron Man, but man there needs to be some more action. He did trap apocalypse in a force field in Avengers, which is a decent feat I guess. "
He fired a couple of shots in Iron Man/Thor, and in Avengers, even though I'd take the latter with a pinch of salt as it wasn't written by Fraction, and let us face it, Fraction is the authority when it comes to Iron Man now.
#9 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango:
Thanks. I just looked up every last detail I could on the new model aand added it to the iron man armor wiki page. It's called The Bleeding Edge. Pretty sweet if ya ask me!
#10 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio

We call it bleeding edge because there's not an official name for it as far as I know and stark used that to describe the armor.

But Stark called Extremis "bleeding edge" at one time also when he first designed it.

#11 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:
" It looks just like all his other armor. : / "
#12 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango:
Well, when the official name is dropped, I'll edit the wiki entrance. If the last model was called Extremis, then this one should be called the Ultimace!
#13 Posted by ChuckZ85 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like the new armor, but depending on the who is drawing it, it can go either way really.  I like the way its portrayed in "Hulk", yet have difficulty liking it in "Avengers" because of John Romita Jr's style of art, and I like John Romita Jr's art usually. 

#14 Posted by natron_osf (1 posts) - - Show Bio

if you look up "Iron Man armour" on this site you can get all the info on it.
#15 Posted by War Killer (20375 posts) - - Show Bio

This...

...Armor...

...is AWESOME!!!! ^___^
#16 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this new armor.

#17 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
So for a quick update on I.M (a bit behind on Marvel) he is now able to store his armor within his body?

Does this give him some invulnerability to harm?

And have any changes been shown compared to his previous armor since this post was made?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.