Iron Man 3 armor revealed

• 64 results
#51 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

So after looking at it again and thinking about it some more, I really like the design and understand why it was designed this way.

Maybe like many of you I assumed the movie version of the "Extremis" armor would look like the one in the comics. But it looks like it was inspired a bit from the Fraction/Meinerding redesign from 2010 (the tight fit) but incorporates more of the male muscle anatomy in it's design. I think some of that muscle design was present in his IM 2 armor but they embrace it a lot more here...for good reason.

One could argue that the armor would look better if they flipped where the red and yellow was placed, but since his faceplate is yellow they kinda had no choice.

#52 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this going to be the armor he uses throughout the movie? Or just temporarily like he wore the red and silver one in 2?

#53 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

Is this going to be the armor he uses throughout the movie? Or just temporarily like he wore the red and silver one in 2?

nope not this time, if you read what this movie is based on you'll know why

#54 Posted by Snail (8 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not a good-looking armor. It's the ugliest one I've ever seen.

#55 Posted by Snail (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@DMC said:

it looks like it was inspired a bit from the Fraction/Meinerding redesign from 2010 (the tight fit) but incorporates more of the male muscle anatomy in it's design.

No it doesn't. At all. I don't even know where you are getting that from. It's not a "tight fit". The color scheme is inverted. While the 2010 armor has various tiny glow spots, this one has only one glow spot at the center.

@DMC said:

One could argue that the armor would look better if they flipped where the red and yellow was placed, but since his faceplate is yellow they kinda had no choice

Why would they have no choice? Because the face plate is golden, the dominant color of the armor has to be Golden? What?

I mean seriously, gold is the dominant color and that isn't even gold it's like fucking beige and it sucks. It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen him wear in the comics. Out of all the armors Tony Stark has had the one that most resembles this one is probably the golden one from the 1960s and that still looks nothing like this one.

#56 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

The lack of red is........jarring

These were my thoughts as well.

#57 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12582 posts) - - Show Bio

It needs more red...or the gold to be more..well, gold..

#58 Posted by bigmack133 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

st8 wack

#59 Posted by Tyrus (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm already imagining this armor in action and it looks bad-ass...

#60 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

@Snail:

No it doesn't. At all. I don't even know where you are getting that from. It's not a "tight fit". The color scheme is inverted. While the 2010 armor has various tiny glow spots, this one has only one glow spot at the center.

Well I did say a bit, but yeah you're right. The "Bleeding Edge" armor came to mind only because it's the sleekest IM suit I've ever seen in the comics just as this one is for the movie armors.

Why would they have no choice? Because the face plate is golden, the dominant color of the armor has to be Golden? What?

I mean seriously, gold is the dominant color and that isn't even gold it's like fucking beige and it sucks. It doesn't look like anything I've ever seen him wear in the comics. Out of all the armors Tony Stark has had the one that most resembles this one is probably the golden one from the 1960s and that still looks nothing like this one.

Does it have to look like armor he's worn in the comics? What about the Mark V (briefcase) armor from Iron Man 2?

Basically, I think they're going for more of plated, or exoskeleton look, which works better with yellow as the primary color.

#61 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Disliking that beige replacing the Gold. You can compare it to the armors in the back. Definitely more of a beige. And I really dislike the inverted color scheme.

#63 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

I was on the edge first, but saw if from the front, and it looked 10x better.

#64 Posted by Tyrus (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

They obviously want to make this armor more realistic - not skin tight like the 60's... Besides, just wait until you see this in action - it's gonna be bad ass!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.