Follow

Iron Man 3

Movie » Iron Man 3 released on April 25, 2013.

Iron Man 3, released on May 3, 2013 (USA). It stars Robert Downey Jr, Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce and Sir Ben Kingsley.

Anyone else hate Iron Man 3?

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I feel like people generally really liked it, which surprised me because I thought it was so cheesy and terribly made. As background, I don't read Iron Man comics, but I loved the first Iron Man movie so much, thought the second one was somewhere between okay and good, and this last one was terrible.

Anyone else feel the same way about this last movie?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJ62

Nope. The only negative was unfunny humor constantly brought up throughout the movie.

I was upset about the twist at first, but I forgave it because it brought an interesting dynamic about the villain(s).

It showcases that terrorist leaders are truly cowards and hide behind their so called "ideals" and if they were really so noble, guys like Bin Laden wouldn't be hiding in the middle east, they would be dying for their cause. Killian was the terrorist leader who acted in cowardice because he was too afraid to die for his cause. And instead manipulated others to do his dirty work.

The film showcased that perfectly, that terrorist leaders are cowards who hide behind their "ideals" and use others to fulfill their goals. It was epic...

The movie had heart, feeling...it was dramatic. Decent story and character development. Great action and CGI...

The only negative was that the unfunny humor didn't fit the rest of the film.

Overall, I liked it a lot.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Hate might be too strong a word for me.

But I definitely really didn't like it.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62: Yeah definitely far too much comedy for an action film.

In regards to the CGI, did you not find the red glowing extremis soldiers as really goofy and terrible CGI? I thought that CGI made Green Lantern CGI look amazing, but maybe that was just me.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: What didn't you like? I'm wondering if its the same reasons as me.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

It was total crap. The worst comic film since Wolverine Origins.

The armours were utterly useless and barely used (as armour, they were just soldiers). It had more plotholes than a Bendis-written event. The ending was ridiculous. The after credits scene completely pointless.

They added a young genius kid sidekick for no other reason than for dumb people to say "oh that's cute, he's like a little Tony"

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elayem98: No, I thought they were well rendered. Wasn't like Avengers Hulk level but decent.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@elayem98: it turned the Iron man concept into a joke. His billion dollar ingenious suits were turned into a punch line. Too much comedy, no pathos to the film - as an example right after Tony thinks Pepper died he's cracking a joke about his suit which falls apart. Just took me out of the movie as I no longer had any emotional investment.

From a standpoint as a fan from the comics, they ruined the Extremis storyline. Aldrich Killian died issue 1. Somehow they made him into a super villain. Also, they teased Pepper becoming Rescue yet never pulled the trigger. Also it was nonsensical that she did that move at the end to kill the guy. She has no training. Now if they showed her training earlier to become Rescue then hell yeah. It failed on so many levels for me. Those are just off the top of my head.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Nope! I loved it. It did what it needed and that's to entertain me. Lots of humor, lots of action, i liked the Mandarin twist, i liked seeing Tony be Iron Man without the suits etc :)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10 vance_astro  Moderator

I didn't hate it, BUT I was disappointed. I thought the 2nd Iron Man was better.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@extremis said:

@elayem98: it turned the Iron man concept into a joke. His billion dollar ingenious suits were turned into a punch line. Too much comedy, no pathos to the film - as an example right after Tony thinks Pepper died he's cracking a joke about his suit which falls apart. Just took me out of the movie as I no longer had any emotional investment.

From a standpoint as a fan from the comics, they ruined the Extremis storyline. Aldrich Killian died issue 1. Somehow they made him into a super villain. Also, they teased Pepper becoming Rescue yet never pulled the trigger. Also it was nonsensical that she did that move at the end to kill the guy. She has no training. Now if they showed her training earlier to become Rescue then hell yeah. It failed on so many levels for me. Those are just off the top of my head.

This.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

It showcases that terrorist leaders are truly cowards and hide behind their so called "ideals" and if they were really so noble, guys like Bin Laden wouldn't be hiding in the middle east, they would be dying for their cause. Killian was the terrorist leader who acted in cowardice because he was too afraid to die for his cause. And instead manipulated others to do his dirty work.

The film showcased that perfectly, that terrorist leaders are cowards who hide behind their "ideals" and use others to fulfill their goals. It was epic...

Yeah... That wasn't the point. Killian wasn't a terrorist, he was a power-monger and corporate megalomaniac who used the veil of terrorism in order to disguise his human rights abuses. It had nothing to do with terrorist leaders being cowards. And Killian wasn't a coward anyway. Cowards don't take experimental drugs that could possibly cause them to explode and then fight a guy one-on-one who is known for basically being a walking-tank.

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

at least it wasnt dark knight rises bad ugh lol

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine1610 said:

at least it wasnt dark knight rises bad ugh lol

Get out.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just thought there were too many plot holes.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who enjoys a lot of the bad comic book movies, for some reason this just didnt grab me. Not saying this is one of Marvel's worst, it just didnt stand out to me.

DevilMayehm666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DevilMayehm666

Saw a few days ago. was disappointed. Why didn't Tony use that Iron Army earlier? And why didn't he get Bruce Banner to help? It seen in the after credits that he can contact him.

Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I thought it was terrible. I wanted to see Mandarin as villain and see Iron Man battle his rings. Where was Shield during this whole thing? The kid in Kentucky, why? All the extra Iron Man suits coming to the rescue seemed to be an easy way out. It bothers me that we are constantly seeing our Super heroes unmasked during fights (Amazing Spider-man 2, Captain America in Avengers and Toney in this movie), I don't know if the actors have in their contacts that their face must be seen a % during the movie or what. We know who is starring as these Super heroes but every time you turn around they have their masks ripped off! I thought this was the weakest of the 3 movies. I was disappointed with the 2nd one when Ivan Vanko (aka Whiplash) ended up fighting him in the end with an iron Man type suit instead of his guantlets! After Avengers it was really, really weak!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.