decept_o's Iron Man 2 review

• decept_o wrote this review on .
  • decept_o has written a total of 31 reviews. The last one was for

Putting the Hammer down on Iron Man 2

A  number of reviews pertaining to Iron Man 2, and here's another one.  A brief overview with my impressions of this movie:

Allow me to start with some minor annoyances instead of touting the positives.  The interplay between Stark and Pepper was good, BUT it got old a bit quick.  Could've used less of that in the film.

The special effects.  I don't know, some of it was so fast and hard to follow, and when I did see some of it, notably Whiplash, it made me cringe a bit.

Despite these minor bits, man this movie rocked my old face off!  I enjoyed it quite a bit.  A lot of good lines, humor, action, and there WERE some great special effects.  A far cry from when they tried to make you believe a "Man Could Fly" with the Superman movies.  It's "ironic" with this bit the advances of technology--puns intended--have provided for special effects.

If you don't already know some key Marvel characters are represented!

There was a nice mix of hard FX and CGI instead of just CGI and I appreciated that very much.  It lends some realism to what is essentially a wild concept but it got sold.  Also, the acting was great, and notably, I loved Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer.    Nice fight scenes I wanted more.  The soundtrack was great, they used The Clash, AC/DC.  I wouldn't have minded another I Am Iron Man song!

Catch the end after the credits!