Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2258 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

Where should I start?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jwalser3

I want to know where I should start? He seems like a cool character and wanted to pick up some of his stories but where do I start? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance :)

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cap10nate

The Immortal Iron Fist by Ed Brubaker is my favorite story with him. He wrote the first 14 books with Matt Fraction and then Fraction took over after that. It made him one of my favorite characters in the Marvel U. I am excited that they seem to be making him central to the AVX story line because all of the New Avenger stories have revolved around him and the city of K'un Lun.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jwalser3

@Cap10nate: I'll have to check it out :)

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jwalser3

There has to be more then just that?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@jwalser3: Immortal Weapons

/End thread

Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
    Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Iron Fist Angel

@jwalser3:

Personally I love Iron Fist's original run in Marvel Premiere, (beginning with issue #15), and when it continued in his own book, (which featured Chris Claremont and John Byrne and is AWESOME). Make sure you find the two issues of Marvel Team-Up which kind of wrapped up the series. Then Danny went on to appear with Luke Cage in Power man & Iron Fist which had it's up and downs but probably more of the latter. It was a fun, campy series most of the time. At the conclusion of that, Danny was "killed" and didn't appear in any Marvel comics for several years until John Byrne, (there's that name again), brought him back in Namor's ongoing. He was in several mostly forgettable mini-series for the next few years and made many appearances in Marvel Comics Presents, (none of which was all that memorable), before finally teaming up with Luke again in Heroes For Hire.

Sorry for the history lesson - bored at work and I own pretty much every issue IF has appeared in, (even the Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu magazines), lol. Like others have said, Immortal Iron Fist is fantastic. It's a damn shame it was canceled as it's one of the best books Marvel has had in the last few years.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jwalser3

@Iron Fist Angel:Well thanks I'll have too look at the Power man and Iron Fist.

I have just been trying to get away from the popular characters and I saw Iron Fist and thought he looked cool to get into. But any way, all in all, I should just read Immortal Iron Fist?

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iron_fist_angel: @jwalser3: @cap10nate: hi I read the immortal iron fist story line with Orson Randall and the 7-8 cities is there anything else that I should read that has him as the main character if am currently reading immortal weapon

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.