Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2258 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

The real origin of Shou-Lao the Undying...

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Brit

This is a little late but...

I just read Immortal Iron Fist #22 and I think the origin of Shou-Lao has been retconned. #22 revelead that in the early days of K'un-Lun's history, a trickster named Changming had risen to power during a time of moral decadence in the city. Changming had been the one who had originally summoned all of the demonic creatures that had once plagued K'un-Lun into the city, including Shou-Lao the Undying, and used them to quickly conquer the city. One day, however, a lone warrior had entered the dragon's cave to challenge it thereby claiming its power and becoming the very first Iron Fist.

But in the previous volumes Shou-Lao a man transformed into a mystic serpent over a thousand years ago by the Dragon King Chiantang. This now gives discrepancy. But nonetheless, I like the version told in issue #22. 

What do you think?

Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Lion_Heart22

Mmm I don't quite remember very well... was the story about Changming bringing Shou-Lao into K'un Lun told by the old man who was in the cell next to Danny Rand's?
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Brit

yep that's the one! i think its all a hoax bec Changming/Quan imprisoned the real Changming and forced him to tell his story, well part of it actually...

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

The fact that not a lot of people remember or care about the original origin just goes to show that a retcon might have been needed. Course with all the lies told in K'un-Lun it could just have been misinformation before.
    Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hyperlight

@brit: so shou lou is evil? i thought he was benevolent ( well.. as much as a imprisoned dragon could be). I always though so because he let all the warriors gain access to his chi

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say neutral but closer to good than bad because he choses to give his power for a champion doesnt he

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: I would say neutral but closer to good than bad because he choses to give his power for a champion doesnt he

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: cool that's what I was thinking but on websites they make him seem evil. I don't know all that much about iron fist I read some older stuff I have read the immortal weapons saga and I thought the dragon was more good than anything he didn't kill the thunderers son Davos nor did he attack Danny's father I think it knows it's purpose and knows its champions fight for good in its name

I really liked Orson Randall I didn't want him to die but I knew it was going to happen.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hyperlight

@bigbadwolfx0: yeah orson was really cool. I think some of the others were great to. Are you readin the new series?

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: hey did the ever show orsan becoming iron fist

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@lion_heart22: @brit: @princeimc: @brit:

Hey do you know if they have ever done a shou Lao origin before immortal iron fist 23 i am having a problem believing this story, every story is some what altered by the person telling it because of the side that they take and there beliefs of the story , the original iron fist who is now king of the 8th city and hates everything about Kun Lun is the one telling the story so it would make sense for him to change it to make himself look better and Kun Lun look bad. Another thing bothers me is if Davos still has his right hand I know he used crane mothers power to shape a hand out of her chi you even see this when he spars with his father but in other issues such as immortal iron fist 22 when he is in Danny's place and delivers his fathers message he has his hand.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@lion_heart22: @princeimc: @princeimc: @hyperlight: @brit: hey guys I was just thinking can anyone become the iron fist or r they chosen ones davos almost became one but was not able to or was it because he was not chosen n that's why lou simply walked away from him. My point is what would happen if Hyperion or some else just as powerful went up and held the dragon would they become iron fist or would they the snakes mark like davos n no power

Spoiler for those who have not read the last series we saw pei become a iron fist she was protecting and carrying the baby dragon and davos attacked (of course I really hoped he would redeem himself for some reason being the son of thunderer )

And next thing we see is the glowing mark on her back and glowing fists she knows a little Kung fu but if young does this mean she is a chosen or lucky she is also able to read secret passages in the book and is able to revive every dead dragon.for me the dragons r like a time lord there bodies die but they just go to the next body

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.