Ray Park as Iron Fist..

Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

Acording to CBR.com Ray Park is intreasted in the part for Iron Fist in a Heroes for Hire Movie:  

"Comics Aliance (via MTV Splash Page) reports actor Ray Park would still very much like to play Danny Rand. "I want to have an excuse to take my top off and show off my abs. Or, take my top off and work to get my abs back that I used to have when I was 19," says the actor. Park also believes Marvel -- now having the rights back -- will develop a "Heroes for Hire" film."  

What do you think? Is he up for the part? 

#1 Posted by Michael6ft7 (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Fail.
#2 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

His reason for wanting the role is so he can take his shirt off. 

Danny deserves much better.

#3 Posted by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides the fact that he knows martial arts and can do acrobatic stunt work, what are his qualifications to play Danny Rand?
#4 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Its about time he gets a bigger role. As always the script needs to be good to have a good film. Iron Fist should be pretty cheap to make as long as some d-bag producer doesn't try to bog it down with CGI.

#5 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

That was only one part of the interview and makes it seem like he is just wanting to do this for the wrong reasons. He has stated numerous times that he is a huge Iron Fist fan and would go to lengths to even try and improve his English more than he already has for this role. IMO he would make a perfect Iron Fist.

#6 Posted by jakob187 (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, he's on Heroes right now...and he's doing an alright job.  He has gotten a bit chubbier now though. 

I also think he'd be a perfectly fine Iron Fist as well...if he can get back into shape.

#7 Posted by the Vica (1967 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" That was only one part of the interview and makes it seem like he is just wanting to do this for the wrong reasons. He has stated numerous times that he is a huge Iron Fist fan and would go to lengths to even try and improve his English more than he already has for this role. IMO he would make a perfect Iron Fist. "
But the question is, can he act? He can flip around and kick as many dudes in the face as he wants while speaking in a believable American accent, but it doesn't mean squat if he can't act.@jakob187 said:
" Well, he's on Heroes right now...and he's doing an alright job.  He has gotten a bit chubbier now though.  I also think he'd be a perfectly fine Iron Fist as well...if he can get back into shape. "
An 'alright' job? I'm in the UK so I have to wait to see Heroes, but personally I want someone better than an 'alright' actor to play my beloved Iron Fist.
#8 Posted by jamesewelch (616 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the problem is that his two biggest roles (Darth Maul and Snake-Eyes) didn't required him to act much - just fight which I think he fit fine for those roles. After watching him in few episodes of Heroes, it's really hard to judge his acting ability. Acting in a TV show is a bit different than movie acting, so I don't want to base everything just on Heroes. I think he's a good guy and based on the interview I saw with Colbert, he'd actually take the role serious unlike a few other Marvel movie actors/actresses.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.