Official Iron Fist: The Living Weapon Thread

#1 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

Since @hit_monkey's Moon Knight thread seems pretty successful I thought I'd make one for the Iron Fist. This is the thread for all the interviews, previews, reviews and solicits for the Iron Fist: The Living Weapon comic.

Interviews

Kaare Andrews Trains For "Iron Fist: The Living Weapon" - Comic Book Resources

Iron Fist: Kaare Kyle Andrews plans martial arts epic in Marvel series | Hero Complex

Kaare Andrews Harnesses Marvel’s Living Weapon, IRON FIST | Newsarama.com

Andrews uses Iron Fist as 'The Living Weapon'

Solicits

KAARE ANDREWS (W)

KAARE ANDREWS (A/C)

VARIANT COVER BY DALE KEOWN

Animal VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEL MUNDO

Young Variant by Skottie Young

Blank Cover Variant Also Available

High above the city, in a multi-million dollar penthouse, Danny Rand, a.k.a. Iron Fist, “The Living Weapon,” is haunted by the consequences of choosing death over life. A message from Iron Fist’s mystical homeland of K’un-Lun brings Danny back to his blood soaked origin of betrayal and vengeance! Revenge is a weapon that cuts both ways.... Will Danny survive the bloodletting? A one-of-a-kind kung fu action epic directed by the inimitable Kaare Andrews!

32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Iron Fist: Living Weapon #2

Kaare Andrews (W) • Kaare Andrews (A/C)

Artist Variant by J.G. JONES

• K’UN LUN under attack!

• Danny Rand returns to the aid of his adopted home, but will he make it in time?

• More of the secret origin of Iron Fist!

Previews

Also here is some cover sketches and concepts:

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7243 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks great, it reminds me of a mix between Frank Miller in his prime and TMNT. If the book's as good as The Immortal Iron Fist, I'll be one happy camper.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

More preview art

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#8 Posted by PowerPlug (1328 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this series almost more than any other all new marvel now title. So excited!

I wonder how heavily this book will be affected by the Netflix series.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerplug: Agreed, super pumped for this. Also since the writer is also a director rumour has it this will be the basis for tv show.

#10 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

KAARE ANDREWS (W/A/C)

variant cover by Jerome Opeña

K’UN LUN IN RUINS!

• Ninja nurses versus killers in suits!

• Our villain’s face revealed, and it’s one terribly close to Danny Rand’s heart!

#11 Edited by PowerPlug (1328 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerplug: Agreed, super pumped for this. Also since the writer is also a director rumour has it this will be the basis for tv show.

I know you can't hear me, but I'm practically squealing right now. Having the Kaare Andrews direct the show could do wonders for keeping a similar tone between the two (the show and the book).

Although, if he did direct the show too that means he would be writing the book, drawing the book, and directing the show. Part of me is afraid of him overdosing on Iron fist. Does that make sense? What I'm saying is I hope he doesn't get spread thin for ideas.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

I know you can't hear me, but I'm practically squealing right now. Having the Kaare Andrews direct the show could do wonders for keeping a similar tone between the two (the show and the book).

Although, if he did direct the show too that means he would be writing the book, drawing the book, and directing the show. Part of me is afraid of him overdosing on Iron fist. Does that make sense? What I'm saying is I hope he doesn't get spread thin for ideas.

I don;t think he will be directing the show but I wouldn't be surprised if he was some sort of consultant

#13 Posted by fullmetalquach (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know who the artist is for the grasshopper cover and if it will be hard to find? I don't know if I should ask my comic shop to order it for me or not.

#14 Posted by The_Tree (7243 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by PowerPlug (1328 posts) - - Show Bio

@fullmetalquach: How big is you local comic book store? I feel like it's usually a pretty safe bet that the bigger shops will receive at least one or two variants on most titles when they make a large order, but your smaller stores that only order about 2 or 3 copies of each comic might not receive the variant you want, if any at all. I'd see how much they'd charge to have it ordered for you and go from there.

@jonny_anonymous: You made it onto the podcast Johnny-not-so-Anonymous. Congrats!

#16 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so hyped for this book.Everything looks great so far,especially the artwork.

#17 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerplug: Ahh but he only thinks he knows my name, what if it was just a plant to throw him off my sent?

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I am so hyped for this book.Everything looks great so far,especially the artwork.

Same, it looks freaking great! Also I'm glad that so far everything point's to Danny ditching the horrible gold & white costume.

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

Same, it looks freaking great! Also I'm glad that so far everything point's to Danny ditching the horrible gold & white costume.

I liked that costume.The green and yellow one looks silly and cheesy to me in a way.

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tdk_1997 said:Oh no

I liked that costume.The green and yellow one looks silly and cheesy to me in a way.

Oh no I love the green and yellow, it's got that total grindhouse chop socky martial arts feel

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tdk_1997 said:Oh no

Oh no I love the green and yellow, it's got that total grindhouse chop socky martial arts feel

I don't totally hate it but it depends on the art and the colorist.Sometimes it looks good and sometimes it looks so cheesy that I can't even imagine it.

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: What is it about it that makes it cheesy?

#23 Edited by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know.Just the combination of colors isn't my type of thing.It makes Iron Fist look like a character from a low budget king-fu movie.

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I don't know.Just the combination of colors isn't my type of thing.It makes Iron Fist look like a character from a low budget king-fu movie.

Well that's kinda the point tho, that's what the character is based on. Old Hong Kong martial arts films.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Well that's kinda the point tho, that's what the character is based on. Old Hong Kong martial arts films.

I know but it ain't my type of thing.That's why I prefer the gold and white costume more.

#26 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I know but it ain't my type of thing.That's why I prefer the gold and white costume more.

Each their own I suppose but I hate the gold and white

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Why do you hate it?

#28 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Why do you hate it?

Gold and white is such an eyesore and the green and yellow are the colors of Kun L'un, it would be like if Captain America decided to dye his costume gold and purple.

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: It would be pretty funny actually if Cap dyed his costume gold and purple. :D

#30 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: Ok I just tried to MS paint that and failed LOL

#31 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11147 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't going to get this series originally due to money restraints but I came to my senses and decided I'll drop a DC book to get this.

This is a discussion thread, aye?

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by HumanRocket (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so excited for this series. I picked up some issues from Matt Fractions run in Immortal Iron Fist and I enjoyed the characters Danny and Orson. So I'm happy I get to pick up a new series and I hope it does well for a long time. Looks like were getting a black and green design which is what I wanted after seeing Orson wear those colors.

#34 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: yes to both :p

@tdk_1997 said:

@jonny_anonymous: At least show me the test picture. :D

Ha I deleted it :(

I'm so excited for this series. I picked up some issues from Matt Fractions run in Immortal Iron Fist and I enjoyed the characters Danny and Orson. So I'm happy I get to pick up a new series and I hope it does well for a long time. Looks like were getting a black and green design which is what I wanted after seeing Orson wear those colors.

Yea Dannys life seems to be going down the same road as Orson's did, he's even starting to dress like him lol

#35 Edited by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: It's a shame.I would've probably laughed my ass off when I see it.

#36 Posted by HumanRocket (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

Yea Dannys life seems to be going down the same road as Orson's did, he's even starting to dress like him lol

Dang that sucks but makes for a good story. I just ordered my Iron Fist t shirt yesterday so I'm getting ready for two weeks from now :D

#37 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: It turned out more pink and yellow than purple and gold lol

@jonny_anonymous said:

@humanrocket said:

Dang that sucks but makes for a good story. I just ordered my Iron Fist t shirt yesterday so I'm getting ready for two weeks from now :D

I'm really looking forward to it! IMO the best stories are always deconstructions like DD: Born Again, Spider-Man: Back in Black and Batman: R.I.P. It's always good to see a superheroes life get turned to hell then watch as he builds himself back up again to be stronger.

#38 Edited by Jake Fury (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

Previews look pretty great.

#39 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

Previews look pretty great.

agreed

#43 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by daredevil21134 (10947 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome interview

#45 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I asked the writer if Iron Fist was going to spend much time in Kun L'un and he said the city will play a big part but not in a way I might expect. I wonder what he meant?

#48 Edited by daredevil21134 (10947 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Iron Fist is my brother's favorite character so I have to read it lol

I just hope he doesn't get too carried with the violence

#49 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32901 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Iron Fist is my brother's favorite character so I have to read it lol

Haha but I thought you liked the violence?

#50 Posted by daredevil21134 (10947 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

Haha but I thought you liked the violence?

Oh I do bro but I just don't want that to overtake the story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.