Marvel's Iron Fist Headed To The Big Screen!

• 78 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what it is about Iron Fist, maybe it's his many incarnations, or perhaps it is the way that Marvel managed to combine mysticism with realism. Whatever the reason may be, I have always been really fond of Iron Fist. So, it is no surprise that I was pretty excited over the prospect of an Iron Fist film!

According to Deadline New York, Marvel Studios is looking to Iron Fist; who fought a dragon, won, and was blessed with two very powerful fists; will be the next Marvel property to head to the big screen. Apparently, the movie will be scripted by Rich Wilkes. Marvel fans might recall that over ten years ago, Marvel attempted to make an Iron Fist movie with Artisan that fell through. Now that Marvel is owned by Disney, making a movie about a lesser recognizable superhero might be a heck of a lot easier. News about an Iron Fist movie has me pretty excited, but the question remains, which incarnation of the character will they use? Will we see the current Iron Fist, Daniel Rand or will we see one of his predecessors, Orson Randall, Kwai Jun-Fan or Bei Bang-Wen? What do you guys think about an Iron Fist movie and which of the character's incarnations would you like to see?
#1 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Righteous

and i hope it's Danny Rand. also a Luke Cage cameo would be cool.

thanks Babs this makes my day. I love Iron Fist

#2 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#3 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Luke Cage
2) Iron Fist
3) Heroes for Hire

Would make an awesome trilogy. 

And I bet it'll be Daniel Rand.

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be awesome! Iron Fist is one of my favorite street level heroes.

#5 Posted by IrishX (2322 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Cool. 

Would be great to see the movie mostly about Danny Rand but still show a little of Orson Randall.
#6 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

Still a long way before (and if) it gets to the big screen. Many a script ends up floating around and this one ain't even written yet.

#7 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Having Iron Fist italicized every time you write it is kind of throwing me off, but the news is exciting.

#8 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
" Very Cool.  Would be great to see the movie mostly about Danny Rand but still show a little of Orson Randall. "
I don't see Orson appear at all.
#9 Posted by Zniperking (281 posts) - - Show Bio

My greatest wish is about to come true

#10 Posted by IrishX (2322 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @IrishX said:
" Very Cool.  Would be great to see the movie mostly about Danny Rand but still show a little of Orson Randall. "
I don't see Orson appear at all. "

Don't think he will or Don't want him to?
#11 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

This I would see.
#12 Edited by BuddyBulson (427 posts) - - Show Bio

id hope it is Rand considering the other two have only been in 7 issues each, and he has been in over 600. Oh and i have a thing for blondes.

#13 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
" @Nobody said:
" @IrishX said:
I don't see Orson appear at all. "
Don't think he will or Don't want him to? "
I don't think he will. I have no opinion on whether I want him to or not.
#14 Posted by ShawnMichael (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally my favorite Superhero is finally headed to the big screen! Oh what a good day it has been alright :)

#15 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder is he still plans to play Iron Fist?

#16 Posted by amc26 (222 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShawnMichael said:
"

Finally my favorite Superhero is finally headed to the big screen! Oh what a good day it has been alright :)

"
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" I wonder is he still plans to play Iron Fist? "
I don't see it.
#18 Posted by James Lasagnaboy (52 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good! I just hope they make the costume look good as well.

#19 Edited by TheVindicator (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's great! I have always enjoyed Iron fist as well. 

I would really like to see a Power man/Iron fist, heroes for hire, version but it probably isn't likely to happen just yet.

My next choice would be the John Byrne iteration as his chi is more natural and realistic and had not evolved to the "so powerful it can even Kung-fu chop reality in half" level of power.

They aren't going to license him out are they? I know it isn't likely now that they are a Disney holding, but you never know.

#20 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the best news I have heard recently.

My early vote goes to Ryan Phillippe for Danny Rand. He's got the same body type/look and the guy has been training in martial arts since he was 8 years old. 

(Someone who has trained in martial arts for much of their life is a must for this role to really make the action and the character believable. Their motions need to look fluid and natural, not like someone who just picked them up while and a couple months before filming)

I don't know if he has done any martial arts or not...but Kevin Pennington looks right for this role too.

#21 Posted by sora_thekey (8153 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @sora_thekey said:
I don't see it. "
Why not? He has the moves, that has been proven!
#22 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@James Lasagnaboy said:
" This should be good! I just hope they make the costume look good as well. "
That's a good question about his costume. I don't see him having those awesome disco collars in the movie. I think it would come off as kinda funny.  Ultimate Iron Fist might work or a mix  of the two.

Earth-1610 Ultimate
#23 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @Nobody said:
" @sora_thekey said:
I don't see it. "
Why not? He has the moves, that has been proven! "
I'm not sure. I just don't.
#24 Posted by whirlwind6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing how 95% of Iron Fist stories are about Danny, I don't know why we're even bothering to have this disscussion...
#25 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I wonder if this means that Marvel will be coming out with a new Iron Fist comic again soon!

#26 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@whirlwind6 said:
" Seeing how 95% of Iron Fist stories are about Danny, I don't know why we're even bothering to have this disscussion... "
I kinda agree which is why I doubt any other Iron Fist would even make an appearance. That would be like having Thunderstrike appear in the Thor movie.
#27 Edited by TheVindicator (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:

" @Nobody said:

" @sora_thekey said:

I don't see it. "
Why not? He has the moves, that has been proven! "
 Ray Park is is too blocky and has a square build. Danny has more of a muscular Bruce Lee build. Rays narrow shoulders in relation to his wide waist and large bone strucure just don't fit Iron Fists body type imo.
#28 Posted by Jake Fury (18154 posts) - - Show Bio

Ho-hum....I like Danny but he's not in my top 50 favs...

#29 Posted by longbowhunter (6788 posts) - - Show Bio

Over the last few years I've come to like Iron Fist more and more. I'd like to see more second string characters get movie treatment.
#30 Posted by CrazyAsAFox (298 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's Danny Rand please let Ray Park play him.. xD

#31 Posted by WolfMonkey (302 posts) - - Show Bio

ray park has been attached to play rand for years but nothing's come of it
i wouldnt get my hopes up

#32 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait for this to be made....hope they find someone good to play Iron Fist

#33 Posted by UrmanitaRules (74 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula:  About Time! And I second the Luke Cage Cameo!
#34 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME! They're finally bringing back the Iron Fist Movie Idea!

#35 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5378 posts) - - Show Bio

I can hardly wait for the Iron Fist movie =)

#36 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet! This will be exciting. Maybe this will signal in more popularity for the street level heroes and we might get a Moonknight movie.

#37 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Ray Park as Danny Rand!

#38 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news. Hope they do it justice.

#39 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

scott adkins as iron fist

#40 Posted by Weapon-Alpha (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny 
and have ray parks as him
#41 Posted by Gothic Storm (842 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read the other comments yet, but I really like the idea of Iron Fist on the big screen. I was almost thinking that Marvel would try and get in on the small screen market like WB and DC have done recently... Smallville, Human Target... But I like this idea just as well. Who knows, maybe we will see an appearance towards the end by Luke Cage. This could lead into a Luke Cage movie followed by Power Man and Iron Fist. Hey, it's just a thought.

#42 Posted by Comik Book Guy (43 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope it's Danny Rand

#43 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Iron Fist needs a movie! 

Give me Danny Rand played by Ray Park please.  

Who would he fight? 

Will this lead to a Heroes for Hire movie? 

Oh this is great news! 

:)

#44 Posted by thegentlemanrogue (722 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome news, but I can't think of anyone who has the cocky, borderline d-bag personality to play Danny while still being both badass and likable.

#45 Posted by Handler (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw ray Park at a convention a couple years ago and he was already talking about wanting to do Ironfist
#46 Posted by Daredevilwithoutfear (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Right ON I am liking all the Love Iron Fist is getting as he is awesome!!! I realize the whole Kung-Fu thing is making a Comeback and I love it. For the Film it has to be Danny Rand Period!!!

I like the Idea of Ray Park as Danny but I am open to a New Comer to play Danny as well too

#47 Posted by wolfman54 (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
"Righteous  and i hope it's Danny Rand. also a Luke Cage cameo would be cool.  thanks Babs this makes my day. I love Iron Fist "

Yea prob Danny Rand, and it would be nice to have Cage, Misty Knight, and other street level guys. But i am hoping for a Luke Cage movie
#48 Posted by SirSparkington (342 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Daniel Rand being the Iron Fist they use. Maybe they'll throw in Orson Randall in a supporting role of some sort.

#49 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see an opening scene or two explaining how the Iron Fists first started, then cut to modern Danny becoming Iron Fist. This is fantastic news!

#50 Posted by cbishop (7115 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie should be Daniel Rand.  The other Iron Fists are cool - I dig the Orson Randall stories - but Iron Fist as a generational character doesn't make much sense.  Daniel Rand had to plunge his hands into the molten heart of a dragon to get the Iron Fist power.  How many heartless dragons does K'un-Lun have laying around?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.