Is Iron Fist a Hypocrite? Shadow Land

#1 Posted by The Angry Comic Book Critic (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil kills Bullseye and Iron Fist is up in arms yet he has no problem killing a ninja in Daredevil 509 to me that spells out Hypocrite what do you think?

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care at all about this storyline.

#3 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5415 posts) - - Show Bio

Nameless ninja's are totaly different than ectablished heros/villains.  DD (and many others) are/were agaist killing but never minded taking out countless ninjas/cannon fodder.  Besides, I consider hand ninjas dead already since they give there lives to the order and just disperse into smoke when they are ko'd anyway.
#4 Edited by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's hypocritical but what can you do?  A lot of those heroes are just that, hypocrites.

#5 Posted by NexusOfLight (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I recall Iron Fist saying something along the lines of "We all have blood on our hands," and "Bullseye definitely had it coming." To me, it seemed like Iron Fist was trying to defend Daredevil for a bit, and Luke Cage was the one who convinced him otherwise.

#6 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8736 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
"   Yes, it's hypocritical but what can you do?  A lot of those heroes are just that, hypocrites. "
unfortunately true a lot of purported super-heroes are total hypocrites.
#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@NexusOfLight said:
" Actually, I recall Iron Fist saying something along the lines of "We all have blood on our hands," and "Bullseye definitely had it coming." To me, it seemed like Iron Fist was trying to defend Daredevil for a bit, and Luke Cage was the one who convinced him otherwise. "
Because Luke's a self-righteous pain.
#8 Posted by Grave Stone (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:
I completely agree with you! I think Iron Fist does not want to kill, but will to an extent...I am pretty sure, a low level ninja who is trained to do nothing but do evil is different from the bullseye thing.  Also something to take in consideration is that Danny was merely defending himself and his friends.  Daredevil killed Bullseye in cold blood pretty much
#9 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

They've been sort of passive about Bullseye's death, IMO. I think, the way I see it, what they really have a problem with is the fact that Bullseye was defeated and he went for the kill anyway. 

#10 Posted by Manchine (3953 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't Hand Ninjas mystical in a sense.   Don't they give up there soul to gain some power?  Its the reason why when they are defeated they turn into piles of goo.   

(Insert Pirate Talk) 

ARRRR, Killing Ninjas is just like killing a dumb mutt, arrrrrr!
#11 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Talk about hypocritical anyone haver the scan of Wolverine shunning Spider-Man away for killing  The Kraven's in the alternate future? 

#12 Edited by longbowhunter (6725 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really viewed the Hand ninjas as fully human. They die and mist out of sight. Cap is known for putting down Nazis, and plenty of heros killed Skrulls during Secret Invasion. To me its the same thing. I saw Bullseye as a different story because he is human. I say go Matt and Danny. Do what needs to be done boys.

#13 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly thought that Fist was more tyring to see if Matt was okay after killing Bullseye.  If that made no sense, its because I didnt read Shadowland 2.
#14 Edited by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Hands Ninjas are already dead anyway,Daredevil killed plenty when he fought the brainwashed Wolverine IIRC

@Son_of_Magnus said:

" Talk about hypocritical anyone haver the scan of Wolverine shunning Spider-Man away for killing  The Kraven's in the alternate future?  "

issue number?
#15 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5415 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the "killing" of Bullseye, he'll be back if he isn't already.  DD has plans for him, just you wait.
#16 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:
"As for the "killing" of Bullseye, he'll be back if he isn't already.  DD has plans for him, just you wait. "

No doubt he is gonna bring back Bulleye threw hand magic
#17 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:
" @Donovan Montgomery said:
"As for the "killing" of Bullseye, he'll be back if he isn't already.  DD has plans for him, just you wait. "
No doubt he is gonna bring back Bulleye threw hand magic "
Yeah, but some people over at the Moon Knight forum (including me) are talking about him possibly being resurrected by Khonshu to be his new avatar.
#18 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
"They've been sort of passive about Bullseye's death, IMO. I think, the way I see it, what they really have a problem with is the fact that Bullseye was defeated and he went for the kill anyway.  "

That hits the nail on the head, imo. I think those are basically Luke's words, too... He said that Bullseye was beat and DD killed him anyway. 

And to the guy who mentioned Secret Invasion, I love the fact that hundreds of Skrulls were slaughtered and there was only one human fatality in the Wasp. Yet when Wasp dies, every human goes totally crazy, lol 
#19 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
"@iLLituracy said:
"They've been sort of passive about Bullseye's death, IMO. I think, the way I see it, what they really have a problem with is the fact that Bullseye was defeated and he went for the kill anyway.  "
That hits the nail on the head, imo. I think those are basically Luke's words, too... He said that Bullseye was beat and DD killed him anyway.  And to the guy who mentioned Secret Invasion, I love the fact that hundreds of Skrulls were slaughtered and there was only one human fatality in the Wasp. Yet when Wasp dies, every human goes totally crazy, lol  "

LOL. Humans pwn.
#20 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio
@NexusOfLight said:
" Actually, I recall Iron Fist saying something along the lines of "We all have blood on our hands," and "Bullseye definitely had it coming." To me, it seemed like Iron Fist was trying to defend Daredevil for a bit, and Luke Cage was the one who convinced him otherwise. "
True, and anyways those ninja's are not alive, they disappear when they are destroyed.
#21 Posted by Kala (46 posts) - - Show Bio

No. There is a difference between killing in battle and an outright execution.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.