Iron Fist Casting?

#1 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio


With the new announcments coming in for the live action Iron Fist Adaption, is there any casting choices you all have in mind for  

Danny Rand or Davos?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (31265 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard a rumor awhile back that Ray Park was going to play Danny.

Moderator
#3 Posted by hdorman1 (4633 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" I heard a rumor awhile back that Ray Park was going to play Danny. "
that would be awesome if it was true 
he certainly has the right backround and build 
#4 Posted by Shatterstar (4460 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" I heard a rumor awhile back that Ray Park was going to play Danny. "
Wow I remember hearing that a decade ago. I like Ray Park but does he have the acting ability to carry a whole movie? I'm not sure I've ever seen him in a scene with actual dialogue. 
Moderator
#5 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Any money they'll get Jason Statham to play him and the movie will be an epic fail!

#6 Posted by JediXMan (31265 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shatterstar said:
" @JediXMan said:
" I heard a rumor awhile back that Ray Park was going to play Danny. "
Wow I remember hearing that a decade ago. I like Ray Park but does he have the acting ability to carry a whole movie? I'm not sure I've ever seen him in a scene with actual dialogue.  "
He hasn't. He said maybe.... four lines top in X-Men (and they were short, brief, and far apart). The voice of Darth Maul wasn't Ray Park. 
 
I mean, the guy certainly has the skills to do it. Nobody is doubting that. But acting? That is what worries me.
Moderator
#7 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @Shatterstar said:
" @JediXMan said:
" I heard a rumor awhile back that Ray Park was going to play Danny. "
Wow I remember hearing that a decade ago. I like Ray Park but does he have the acting ability to carry a whole movie? I'm not sure I've ever seen him in a scene with actual dialogue.  "
He hasn't. He said maybe.... four lines top in X-Men (and they were short, brief, and far apart). The voice of Darth Maul wasn't Ray Park.   I mean, the guy certainly has the skills to do it. Nobody is doubting that. But acting? That is what worries me. "
Same.
#8 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Park has the acting shops to be Iron Fist. I kinda think the real mystical kung-fu stuff will be special effects anyway so I'd rather they find an actor who can pull it off and teach him martial arts rather than finding a martial artist and try to teach him to act.

#9 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" I heard a rumor awhile back that Ray Park was going to play Danny. "
That was a LONG time ago
#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

jean claude van damne confirmed as Danny Rand..

#11 Posted by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:
" Any money they'll get Jason Statham to play him and the movie will be an epic fail! "
No please No :-(
#12 Posted by The Velvet Rabbit (254 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shatterstar said:
" @JediXMan said:
" I heard a rumor awhile back that Ray Park was going to play Danny. "
Wow I remember hearing that a decade ago. I like Ray Park but does he have the acting ability to carry a whole movie? I'm not sure I've ever seen him in a scene with actual dialogue.  "
if you watch Heroes, he talks - he'll need a speech coach to learn to drop the accent, but the ideal's just too perfect - Ray Park = Daniel Rand
 
@geraldthesloth said:
" jean claude van damne confirmed as Danny Rand.. "
if this were true, I believe I'd be swallowing the cyanide pill right about now
#13 Posted by The Velvet Rabbit (254 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" I don't think Park has the acting shops to be Iron Fist. I kinda think the real mystical kung-fu stuff will be special effects anyway so I'd rather they find an actor who can pull it off and teach him martial arts rather than finding a martial artist and try to teach him to act. "
yes, but he is a superb martial artist, and it would be next to impossible to teach somebody what he knows without YEARS of work - next to Jet Li, Park's one of the world's premiere mainstream actor/wushu practitioners, and I'd at least like to see him in the suit - they could at the very least do it with another actor for the talking scenes and have him do the fight scenes.   besides, Ray Park is YUM-MIE :) - and I think he could already with an acting and speech coach
#14 Posted by Kayak (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Howard

#15 Posted by The Velvet Rabbit (254 posts) - - Show Bio

with fight choreography by Ridley Tsui, of course :)

#16 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"I don't think Park has the acting shops to be Iron Fist. I kinda think the real mystical kung-fu stuff will be special effects anyway so I'd rather they find an actor who can pull it off and teach him martial arts rather than finding a martial artist and try to teach him to act."

Yeah, the only thing he's got is the skills, but nothing else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.