Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2258 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

Changming, Steel Serpent and Escape from the 8th City

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the Vica

Ok, if you don't read the Immortal Iron Fist series, leave now, cause otherwise this won't make sense to you.

If you haven't read Issues 22 + 23... Yeah, you should probably leave too. Spoilers and all that.

So anyway, to start off I gotta say I'm liking this Changming dude. I mean, first off, what the heck is he? If he this City's weapon? But then, is this city technically a City of Heaven? I mean it was apparently a prison created by the original Weapons, and it's fairly blatant the place is in no way 'Heavenly', plus it didn't show up in the Heart of Heaven or anything... But back to Changming. I like him. He's pretty cool, in my opinion and has some nice lines...

Changman - "And as promised, they will be tested until they give us what we want."
    Iron Fist - "What DO you want?"
    Chimichanga - *Smirks* "We'll let you know"

Oooh... Badass... Plus hanging Danny up on those chains in Issue 23 was just brutal... I'm loving this guy so far.

Speaking of that scene, have another look at it. Am I the only one who sees Chingling bearing the mark of the Thunderer? Travel's concealed it cleverly so far, but in that panel you see it very clearly... I just feel that it's significant somehow.

Speaking of Travel, his art in this arc is a lot better than on the Mortal Iron Fist arc, so kudos to him.

Ah. Steel Serpent. *glares at Davos* I don't trust him... I didn't trust him in Issue 22, and 23 just confirmed my suspicions...

Steel Snake - "And I think about the task my father gave me. The LIE I told Danny..."

And later on...

Davvy - "I may have to face Danny in battle again. I may have to kill again."

OMG! Seems Davos is as slippery as ever! Get it? Cause he's a serpent? Slippery? Yeah?

Anyway, I think Davos is certainly still an evil dude... But the real question in my mind is what task did Lei Kung give him? Did the new Yu-Ti want Davos to send Danny to Hell? And what's all this about killing Danny?!

So, in conclusion, I still love this series. And I wanna know what you guys think of it.

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Slinger

Iron Fist is one of the top books Marvel is producing these days, and one major factor to that (in my opinion) is that it isn't mired in all that crazy event b.s . that's been happening in almost every other book. I'll have to check again on that mark of the Thunderer, I don't think I picked that up, but so far the action in the hell city has been pretty fantastic. I still think that Davos is on the up and up. He seemed too remorseful that he would have to face Danny again, like it's something that he doesn't want to do, but has to. I can't wait to see how this story plays out, it's been a great ride so far.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the Vica

I still don't trust him... *Continues to glare at comic* I dunno, his whole 'reformation' just seemed to be a little too sudden for me... And before Issue 23, my theory was he had made up all that crap about innocent people being trapped in hell, and just wanted to either screw Danny over or get him to go and 'rescue' some dudes from hell that were actually supposed to be there to help him with some evil scheme. But then I also think that Lei Kung would have noticed if his son was being evil again... And perhaps Davos would have done something to Shou Lao's egg... I'm conflicted, but still... Don't trust the guy.

And thanks for replying, I didn't expect a response so soon :D

Oh, and I think (And I could be thinking of someone else here...) that after he gets out of Hell, Danny will indeed be getting mired up in all that crazy event b.s. Specifically Dark Reign. I'll have to check on that though.

And trust me, it was the mark of the Thunderer. And I remember the fact that John Aman had it tatooed on him was significant waaay back in the Tournament arc... So I'm curious to see what it means.

I'm also curious as to how the Hell (Pun intended :P) Danny and the gang are gonna get out of Hell... Especially with Danny now up against the ORIGINAL Iron Fist, who seems determined as hell to beat the crap out of him! Loving this arc so far, as long as they don't screw up at the end with some lame escape idea (Which I doubt) I can't wait to see how it ends!

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

I didn't notice the mark of the Thunderer either but Changming dates back to the earliest days of Iron Fist legacies it seems. Maybe he was the Thunderer back then, perhaps even Lei Kung's father making him Davos' grandfather.

I hate to say it but I hope that Danny has to kill this original Iron Fist and absorb his chi like he did Orson's. And then maybe he'll have enough power to get them out. Though releasing any of those demons is a bad idea but could be a good idea for the next storyline.

the Vica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the Vica
    PrinceIMC said:
    "I didn't notice the mark of the Thunderer either but Changming dates back to the earliest days of Iron Fist legacies it seems. Maybe he was the Thunderer back then, perhaps even Lei Kung's father making him Davos' grandfather.I hate to say it but I hope that Danny has to kill this original Iron Fist and absorb his chi like he did Orson's. And then maybe he'll have enough power to get them out. Though releasing any of those demons is a bad idea but could be a good idea for the next storyline. "
    Wow, cool ideas. Changming being a relation of Lei Kung would be nice... Especially if Changming doesn't just get killed off at the end of the arc.

And I think it's pretty much a given that Danny will have to kill the first Iron Fist. It's a fight to the death, and the lead character is not going to die.

I just can't wait to see how Danny does it, what with his mangled hands and the mark on his chest that's sure to affect his powers somehow... But yeah, absorbing the first Iron Fist's chi would work quite well, and probably fix Danny's hands instantly... But I'd hate for Danny to just keep plunging his hands into people's hearts until he becomes overpowered.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

Soooo.....the new issue came out. I wasn't expecting that. Changming is Quan Yaozu, or at least Quan Yaozu took over Chanming's position and name becoming corrupted. I still think Danny's going to have to kill him and absorb his Chi.

I dunno if the burning of the dragon's symbol on his chest will affect his powers. Its a mark from fighting the dragon but he earned the dragon's Chi by plunging his hands into its heart after that. I imagine with enough healing though the brand will be back to normal over time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.