Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2256 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

Cancelled?

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Eclipse-

Has the Immortal Iron Fist been cancelled or what? I'm confused... 

I swear we thought it was, ages ago, then it turned out it wasn't... But the Prince of Orphans (dude... JUST realized that could be shortened to PoO... XD) issue was released AGES ago, and still no Iron Fist at my comic store... 

Is Immortal Iron Fist done?

Vanguard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Vanguard
    @-Eclipse-: It's been done for quite some time buddy, they finished it and moved on to the Immortal Weapons mini which is almost already finished.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

The Immortal Weapons is finished but I thought Immortal Iron Fist or at least something with Danny was supposed to start up once it was over.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Vanguard said:
    " @-Eclipse-: It's been done for quite some time buddy, they finished it and moved on to the Immortal Weapons mini which is almost already finished. "
    What was originally said was that Iron Fist was on break while the Immortal Weapons mini took over for a while. 

The mini is now over and Iron Fist has not returned. 

Well, if it's officially cancelled, I suppose it's a blessing in that I don't have to put up with the crappy art anymore. But I shall forever hate Travel Foreman for ruining my favourite series.
    Vanguard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vanguard
    @-Eclipse-: Hahahah! it wasn't as bad as some other things I've seen.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @Vanguard said:
    " @-Eclipse-: Hahahah! it wasn't as bad as some other things I've seen. "
    He showed many times he had the potential to draw a good picture. But clearly he was either lazy or lacking time, and the majority of the comic (basically, everything after the first page of the first issue of a new story arc) was a piece of messy-looking crap. 

I just don't understand how Marvel decided that Foreman would be a good replacement for Aja. 

Can you spot the difference here?

The difference is, one of the artists makes me oggle at the picture for five minutes, while the other makes me look away as soon as possible. And try to scratch my eyes out. Guess which is which :P

Those two of the only Foreman pics I could find on the Vine. And they're not his worst examples either.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

I prefer the first two pictures. 

I read that the book was on hiatus, so, it hasn't been cancelled but no new issues are being released for the time being.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By iLLituracy

I liked most of the art in Immortal Iron Fist. They kept a certain mood when it came to the book and I liked most of the art all the way through, even the guest artists on the stories that involved the past Iron Fists.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @John Valentine said:
    " I prefer the first two pictures. "
    -____- 

I'm ignoring that. 

@John Valentine said:
    " I read that the book was on hiatus, so, it hasn't been cancelled but no new issues are being released for the time being. "
    I assumed the hiatus would last until the Immortal Weapons mini was over... Clearly I was wrong, but I'm just curious whether it IS still merely on hiatus or whether the series has been quietly cancelled. I do remember reading that Joe Q was not a fan of the book somewhere... 

@iLLituracy said:
    " I liked most of the art in Immortal Iron Fist. They kept a certain mood when it came to the book and I liked most of the art all the way through, even the guest artists on the stories that involved the past Iron Fists. "
    If you are referring to the first two arcs, I definitely agree with you. Aja was a great main artist, and while the guests artists weren't quite on his level, their input on the past Iron Fist flashbacks was great. When Swiercheezini (however you spell it) and Foreman took over, however... My opinion of Travel Foreman is that he worked fine when he was doing the occasional page or two splashed between Aja's work. But he simply can't carry the book on his own. The 'last' issue of Immortal Iron Fist was one of my least favourite issues ever, almost entirely due to Foreman's art. 

A big issue for me was his fight scenes. He just didn't make them as exciting as Aja did with his, not to mention that with Frubaker no longer writing, we don't have many of those little captions for every attack.
    jmal99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By jmal99

@Eclipse

I completely agree with you. The first two arcs, in terms of story and artwork, were really good. the last two were sloppy, undeveloped and kind of felt rushed. The Mortal Iron Fist arc was a cool concept, but I felt they didn't develop the ideas enough. The last arc was a big let down to me. The end was anticlimactic. I really didn't like the idea of the 8th city being a prison. 

Very disappointed if this series doesn't come back in one way or another. I would be interested to see what new powers or techniques Iron Fist learned from the book. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

And just when he was about to become a father....

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Lantern Prime
    @Vance Astro said:
    "And just when he was about to become a father.... "

I know.....
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Lantern Prime said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "And just when he was about to become a father.... "
    I know..... "
    No you don't...
    pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is season 3 cancelled?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.