IRELAND IS THE BEST!

#1 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

IRELAND DESERVES MORE FREQUENT NON-STEREOTYPICAL COMIC-BOOK CHARACTERS!

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Every nation outside of America does... and even then many American comics are stereo-types too.

#3 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8149 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

Every nation outside of America does... and even then many American comics are stereo-types too.

QFT!!
#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35017 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

hell yea
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so tired, I meant to say "and even then, many American characters are stereo-types too" (red-necks, Native Americans, Texans, Hawaiians, etc).

#6 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I didn't think anyone would reply

#7 Posted by jloneblackheart (5483 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty Deprnding on where in america you are from, rednecks and Texans are the same thing...

Anyway, I'd love to go to Ireland
#8 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything I said here sounds viciously obnoxious.

#9 Posted by MetallicMercury (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm Northern Irish and you never get any characters from here. Very few characters from Ireland who aren't steroetypically drunken gingers who's dialogue seems to only consist of "top o' tha marnin' to ya, leprechaun, leprechaun". And lets face it, we Irish kick arse!

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35017 posts) - - Show Bio
@MetallicMercury said:
I'm Northern Irish and you never get any characters from here. Very few characters from Ireland who aren't steroetypically drunken gingers who's dialogue seems to only consist of "top o' tha marnin' to ya, leprechaun, leprechaun". And lets face it, we Irish kick arse!
It's much the same being Scottish except instead of "top o' tha marnin" you get "och aye tha noo"
#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24728 posts) - - Show Bio

how is this stereotypical? :-D

#12 Posted by cody1984 (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetallicMercury: Garth Ennis is from Northern Ireland and quite a few of his characters are from their your mileage may very about if they are accurate to how people are in Northern Ireland but you don't get characters like shamrock from him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.