The Evolution of Sue Storm

• 109 results
#101 Posted by GREGalicious (476 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love Sue as a character. She always seemed like she was the only really normal member of the team.

#102 Posted by Gallivant (55 posts) - - Show Bio
@uroboros said:
" I adore Sue. I wish she could detach herself from Reed and head on over to be an Avenger, she would be a fantastic addition. "
I totally agree with this. I can see it now, the death of Human Torch leads to the divorce of Reed and Sue Richards. Sue finds comfort in an avenger... lets say Hawkeye because he doesnt have a god complex and isnt quite a work-a-holic like Reed. HAHHAAHAHAHHA
#103 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio
I love this character because her seemingly underutilized powerset. Inviability and forcefield projection is a great combo. Truthfully, I think they should rename her Starship. j/k But I really do like her character. Best powerset of the FF4. 

@Gallivant said:
" @uroboros said:
" I adore Sue. I wish she could detach herself from Reed and head on over to be an Avenger, she would be a fantastic addition. "
I totally agree with this. I can see it now, the death of Human Torch leads to the divorce of Reed and Sue Richards. Sue finds comfort in an avenger... lets say Hawkeye because he doesnt have a god complex and isnt quite a work-a-holic like Reed. HAHHAAHAHAHHA "
Totally disagree. There are enough dysfunctional families in the real world. We don't need them in the comics. I would prefer the kids grow up, join the Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic, and take on the family business. I think the FF4 should stay a family team. If Sue Storm left that would kill that. Perhaps if Reed and Sue got separated for awhile and later got together that could work if you want to explore her independence from Reed  as a potential response to Johnny's death , but no divorce. 
#104 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio
@frogjitsu said:

" @Babs said:

" @slashseven303 said:
" Yes Sara, everyone dressed like that during the 80's, including a good number of men. "
I'd like to see those men. "
I don't know if this was the 80s, seeing as I wasn't old enough to read comics back then, but Check out Cosmic Boy!   This is about as ridiculous as it gets. "
 That is indeed pretty androgynous...
#105 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

good article. im sooooo happy to finally see them bring Sue into her own where she belonged ages ago. personally it seems like any real momentum didn't even start to unfold
until Heroes Return when she showed down with Iconoclast, which seemed so odd for how many other Women Of Marvel were independent and front and center at the time.
Hickman is so magnificent, and i can safely even say F4/FF is the top for quality as far as 1st tier Marvel books go currently (hard to believe after the Cosmic Armbar debacle series;))

My favorite Sue moment was...

character of choice would be Harley Quinn. she's well on the way as it is, but deserves much more, especially considering how driven her fanbase is, enough so that there was no other
logical choice but to make the transition from the animated version into the comics mainstream continuity.
#106 Edited by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

A flippin' marvel goddess right here!
And I call for a Wasp (RIP) or Jean Grey evolution! And perhaps a DC Wondy one? :D

#107 Edited by hellogan (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Weither Sue refers herself as Invisible Woman or Girl does not make much difference to me as a reader... I believe Sue Storm has always been a strong predominante sexy figure in the marvel universe. I also feel that she has been widely under estimated and shadowed by many other female marvel characters. Such as those in the X-men. With very few women like this in comics as a whole... she will always be on my top ten list of Marvel Women. As a silver age reader from the early 70's til now I believe it is important to have confidence in the characters that have stood the test of time.
#108 Posted by djotaku (441 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the biggest problem is that her named power - invisibility is pretty lame for the types of bad guys they face.  If she were in a spy agency like SHIELD, that'd be an asset.  Her force field/force projection is neat, but it mostly goes to shielding people - a womanly trait?  So I think they don't know what to do with her in the FF team.

#109 Posted by b3n8m3 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs: He-Man, Lion-O, Namor, Kazar just to name a few. I don't pay attention to half naked men and complain. I'm just used to it. The objectification of Women in Comics is waaaaaaaaay out of proportion and not nearly as big a deal as everyone thinks. A few artists (Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, etc) definitely went a little over board but comics are supposed to be ridiculous. They're fantasies. Relax.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.