Follow

Invisible Woman

Character » Invisible Woman appears in 6183 issues.

Susan Storm is a founding member of the Fantastic Four and later the Future Foundation. She is able to create invisible force fields of any shape she conceives and able to turn herself and anything she's in contact with invisible. Sue is the wife of Reed Richards and the mother of their children, Franklin and Valeria.

The Evolution of Sue Storm

• 111 results
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By GREGalicious

I really love Sue as a character. She always seemed like she was the only really normal member of the team.

Gallivant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Gallivant
    @uroboros said:
    " I adore Sue. I wish she could detach herself from Reed and head on over to be an Avenger, she would be a fantastic addition. "
    I totally agree with this. I can see it now, the death of Human Torch leads to the divorce of Reed and Sue Richards. Sue finds comfort in an avenger... lets say Hawkeye because he doesnt have a god complex and isnt quite a work-a-holic like Reed. HAHHAAHAHAHHA
    xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By xybernauts
    I love this character because her seemingly underutilized powerset. Inviability and forcefield projection is a great combo. Truthfully, I think they should rename her Starship. j/k But I really do like her character. Best powerset of the FF4. 

@Gallivant said:
    " @uroboros said:
    " I adore Sue. I wish she could detach herself from Reed and head on over to be an Avenger, she would be a fantastic addition. "
    I totally agree with this. I can see it now, the death of Human Torch leads to the divorce of Reed and Sue Richards. Sue finds comfort in an avenger... lets say Hawkeye because he doesnt have a god complex and isnt quite a work-a-holic like Reed. HAHHAAHAHAHHA "
    Totally disagree. There are enough dysfunctional families in the real world. We don't need them in the comics. I would prefer the kids grow up, join the Invisible Woman and Mr. Fantastic, and take on the family business. I think the FF4 should stay a family team. If Sue Storm left that would kill that. Perhaps if Reed and Sue got separated for awhile and later got together that could work if you want to explore her independence from Reed  as a potential response to Johnny's death , but no divorce. 
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#104  Edited By No_Name_
    @frogjitsu said:

" @Babs said:

" @slashseven303 said:
    " Yes Sara, everyone dressed like that during the 80's, including a good number of men. "
    I'd like to see those men. "
    No Caption Provided
    I don't know if this was the 80s, seeing as I wasn't old enough to read comics back then, but Check out Cosmic Boy!   This is about as ridiculous as it gets. "
     That is indeed pretty androgynous...
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105  Edited By CATPANEXE

good article. im sooooo happy to finally see them bring Sue into her own where she belonged ages ago. personally it seems like any real momentum didn't even start to unfold
    until Heroes Return when she showed down with Iconoclast, which seemed so odd for how many other Women Of Marvel were independent and front and center at the time.
    Hickman is so magnificent, and i can safely even say F4/FF is the top for quality as far as 1st tier Marvel books go currently (hard to believe after the Cosmic Armbar debacle series;))

My favorite Sue moment was...

character of choice would be Harley Quinn. she's well on the way as it is, but deserves much more, especially considering how driven her fanbase is, enough so that there was no other
    logical choice but to make the transition from the animated version into the comics mainstream continuity.
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#106  Edited By queenfrost_

A flippin' marvel goddess right here!
    And I call for a Wasp (RIP) or Jean Grey evolution! And perhaps a DC Wondy one? :D

hellogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By hellogan

Weither Sue refers herself as Invisible Woman or Girl does not make much difference to me as a reader... I believe Sue Storm has always been a strong predominante sexy figure in the marvel universe. I also feel that she has been widely under estimated and shadowed by many other female marvel characters. Such as those in the X-men. With very few women like this in comics as a whole... she will always be on my top ten list of Marvel Women. As a silver age reader from the early 70's til now I believe it is important to have confidence in the characters that have stood the test of time.
    djotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 367

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By djotaku

I think the biggest problem is that her named power - invisibility is pretty lame for the types of bad guys they face.  If she were in a spy agency like SHIELD, that'd be an asset.  Her force field/force projection is neat, but it mostly goes to shielding people - a womanly trait?  So I think they don't know what to do with her in the FF team.

b3n8m3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By b3n8m3

@Babs: He-Man, Lion-O, Namor, Kazar just to name a few. I don't pay attention to half naked men and complain. I'm just used to it. The objectification of Women in Comics is waaaaaaaaay out of proportion and not nearly as big a deal as everyone thinks. A few artists (Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, etc) definitely went a little over board but comics are supposed to be ridiculous. They're fantasies. Relax.

htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#110  Edited By htpss1977

Dare I bump a ten year-old thread where most of the users are probably years gone by now? Yeah, sure, whatever.

Whenever I hear boomers talk about Marvel, they always talk about how "It's better than DC because the heroes feel like real people." Who is Sue without letting herself be undermined and ignored, who is Sue without confidence issues? Who is Sue when you remove all her flaws? Well, not a real person.

The way to have "fixed" Sue is to make Reed slightly less of a prick (because note how, if I'm not mistaken, Reed is EXCLUSIVELY the only member of the Fantastic Four to outright demean her.) But we're looooooooooooong past that point.

Who would Sue be if she allowed herself to "kick major [YOU CAN'T SAY THAT ON COMICVINE]" and wasn't extremely reserved in the usage of her powers, well, she isn't going to go around popping people like pimples with her powers because that's too OOC even for comicbooks.

She'd also probably be the most single boring superhero to have in the standard "villain of the week" format because she's not an idiot, she's actually notably intelligent (definitely the second smartest Fantastic Four member, at least...), and could effortlessly and comfortably be able to defeat her villains.

I mean, unless you just give her an entire marching band as her rogues' gallery and people so fast and lethal that she's gotta' start throwing discs at them to slow them down. Then she might as well just have telekinetic blasts- and be a different character. (Sue needs to go up against "alien" enemies so her hesitance is even remotely rational. Kind of like how the old Fantastic Four mostly did it...)

I guess you could have her punching up and fighting be cosmic powers but their powersets are usually pretty boring and they have so much POWERERERER that Sue trying to do any creative stuff would probably get her killed. So she's back to shield baby-sitting. It's not like those kinds of teams (or fights) would even appreciate a member like Sue since she's a relatively easy target. They'd much rather have a big, tough guy with even strongerer lasers to kill the bigger, tougher guy with the strongerest lasers.

So, word of advice, don't split up the Fantastic Four. Yes, this all falls in line with what I said in my one thread that no one read but it bears repeating.

Nobody understands the Fantastic Four- especially Sue Storm- and it's the most infuriating thing in the world.
    Nobody understands the Fantastic Four- especially Sue Storm- and it's the most infuriating thing in the world.
    htpss1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@djotaku said:

If she were in a spy agency like SHIELD, that'd be an asset.

Cursed post, by the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.