Follow

Invisible Woman

Character » Invisible Woman appears in 6183 issues.

Susan Storm is a founding member of the Fantastic Four and later the Future Foundation. She is able to create invisible force fields of any shape she conceives and able to turn herself and anything she's in contact with invisible. Sue is the wife of Reed Richards and the mother of their children, Franklin and Valeria.

should sue and reed divorce?

Avatar image for deadpoolspidey877
    deadpoolspidey877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deadpoolspidey877

i honestly think they should,just to impact the book and set both up with varied characters. i think it would make for some very interesting storylines and should be explored. discuss.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Inverno

So far they are the only couple from the top of my head that remained the longest time togheter in comics ever. But in other hand, their relationship is not exactly a healthy one considering Reed Richards is a dick...

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crash_Recovery

Reed and Sue's marriage IS a character in the Fantastic Four. Their relationship is as fundamental to the comic as is their powers.

Separating Reed and Sue is a fundamental shift in the title that changes something very special.

Would Batman's books get better if he left Gotham and moved to San Francisco? Gotham is as much a part of Batman as the Reed/Sue relationship is a part of the Fantastic Four.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

No it's to much a part of what they are. It would be dumb to separate them. They are the one married couple that gets married and stays that way. Not every married couple needs to separate

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mimic12

@Crash_Recovery said:

Reed and Sue's marriage IS a character in the Fantastic Four. Their relationship is as fundamental to the comic as is their powers.

Separating Reed and Sue is a fundamental shift in the title that changes something very special.

Would Batman's books get better if he left Gotham and moved to San Francisco? Gotham is as much a part of Batman as the Reed/Sue relationship is a part of the Fantastic Four.

I totally agree.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I don't think they should divorce because so far, they have been the only married couple that lasted for many years and having them divorced is like saying that there should be no married couple in comics (even though lately Marvel has been breaking up many married couples).  Also, even if they tried to replace either Reed or Sue with someone else, the Fantastic Four titles will never be the same without either Reed or Sue.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

No. Not ever.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

No, but if anyone will do it, it will be Fraction. (uck)

Avatar image for deadpoolspidey877
    deadpoolspidey877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deadpoolspidey877

@CaioTrubat said:

So far they are the only couple from the top of my head that remained the longest time togheter in comics ever. But in other hand, their relationship is not exactly a healthy one considering Reed Richards is a dick...

this.

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By catfightfan

I will shake up this thread and say that Reed and Sue should divorce. It seems like everyone complains about Reed anyway, so why not let them divorce?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By BR_Havoc

Never, the idea of the Fantastic Four is that they are marvels first family and that the family dynamic of the book is what makes it so special. Lets face it you divorce Sue and Reed, the fantastic four loses its heart and it becomes just another team book with nothing that sets it apart for the pact.

Also if you have read the latest run that Hickman has been writing he has made it clear that the marvel universe needs them together, that Sue is Reeds anchor that keeps him from going over the edge. Reed has learned this and has seen his errors they marriage is healthier then even and I hope it is kept like that. Now I am no Faction fan but even he would never do something as stupid as break up marvels first family.

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By catfightfan

They may not be in for a divorce, but perhaps they actually are going to separate in 2013? I just read today that Sue will be leaving the Fantastic Four and going out on her own, though no other details were given.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By theTimeStreamer
    No Caption Provided
    BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BR_Havoc

Where did you read that?

And is it just me or had Marvel now just jumped the shark with this, every time a good writer finishes his epic run on a book like Hickman they send in some hack like fraction to butcher his work. I was actually looking forward to this book after reading an interview were Faction admitted that he was keeping the family dynamic and that the relationship of Sue and Reed was very important to him, but looks like that was thrown out the window for more bullshit random Marvel sensationalism

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By catfightfan

I am sorry to report that I never learned how to link. I believe that this is Marvel Now news that was just released today or yesterday.

InkInk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InkInk

Been a lerker here for a long time.

If you do not know how to link then I doubt this is anything but a lie to get people going.

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By catfightfan

The info is available on the ScreenRant.com website. However, as I review it, I am not so certain that this is anything but speculation. I do not believe that this is official news at all. Sorry for the unintenional misleading announcement. It was passed on to me earlier today and I thought that the news came from Marvel. I now believe that it is pure gossip based upon a Marvel Now image which showed Sue in a group of characters, without any of her FF partners.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BR_Havoc

I could see it in Hickmans avengers, there is supposed to be a large cast of characters so I could see Sue being on that team as well as being in the FF like the Thing and Spidey. She will just pull double duty I think that is what most likely going to be the case. Or its just a PR shot and has nothing to do with the comic.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PassionFlower

At this point nothing would surprise but I hope they don't part them although my faith in Marvel editorial is nonexistent at the moment.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#20  Edited By TronHammer

This will drive away readers and the title will be canceled. Some things must not even be considered.

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By catfightfan

We certainly do NOT want the Fantastic Four title to be cancelled...

CelticJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Family dynamics have taken plenty of hits in reality, breaking up the longest lasting marriage in comics would be a huge mistake. Would adventures suddenly revolve around custody battles and split holidays? Would Johnny and Ben have to suddenly pick sides? It's such a ludicrous idea just to "shake things up". I think it was crazy that Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson got divorced, but for some reason most comics today can't create new plot lines or characters for the heroes to overcome, there has to be a retcon or death involved. I like the Johnny Storm wasn't "resurrected" he was simply trapped. It's like when Professor X hid his death from the original X-Men way back yonder. Don't undo what has already been done, just create a scary new villain or a tempting new plot. Make someone unexpected save the day even. Just don't divorce characters or shake up foundations of comics to get a rise and sell issues.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man would be a hell of a story i say go for it. Especially since reed is such a dick don't even know why she took him back after civil war.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.