is a sue/spidey relationship possible?

#1 Posted by deadpoolspidey877 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

with sue having already kissed spider man before (no, i dont remebmer which comic it was from) and reed being a horrible husband sometimes, is it possible for sue to leave reed? and if so, would she go with someone like spider man?

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

No. As bad as a husband Reed is, Sue would never leave him... Unless he did something bad. Like evil, bad. Even if she left him, she'd sooner go for Namor, or in the Ultimate Universe's case, Ben Grimm, than she would for Peter. Parker's her brother's age, and Johnny wouldn't let Spider-Man near Sue in that regard. They're bros, sure, but there's a line you don't cross.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13682 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel wanted it so, they'd totally make it happen.

#4 Posted by soduh2 (866 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter is Johnny's age (if not younger). That alone would make the relationship awkward.

#5 Posted by Inverno (13292 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that is some cracky pairing...

#6 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

She is married.

#7 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if there weren't so many obvious problems, it would be a fantastic couple. But there's really no way around the issues at hand.

#8 Posted by mavfan626 (4117 posts) - - Show Bio

@SandMan_ said:

She is married.
#9 Edited by Dernman (15807 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks at him only in a motherly way. Like how she looked after Johnny was more like a mother then a sister. So Spidy would be her child's (Johnny) friend.  So if she ever did leave Reed it wouldn't be for Spider-Man.

#10 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's not possible.

#11 Edited by catfightfan (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it is possible. Anything is possible in the Marvel Universe, though not always likely. I should add that a thread on a different website asked who Sue should be with if she ever left Reed and a suprising number of fans named Spiderman. ActualIy, I believe that more Spidey answers were posted than that of any other character. I suggest that you email the Fantastic Four Fan Page and advise them of your suggestion. While it may be a longshot, who knows? If nothing else, you might just start a most interesting debate on the subject.

#12 Posted by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey did had a date with her but she bored him when she talked about Reed. Submariner ruin the date thanks to Johnny Storm. Spidey wrecked his car for that.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

No, it's not possible.

I'm going with this. I feel like if this happened and it wasn't an alternate universe the backlash would be so bad they'd have to retcon it.
#14 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (695 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a tempting idea, but ultimately bad.

#15 Posted by HammerTron (640 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel wants to throw themselves out of business they'll make this happen.

#16 Posted by SoA (5249 posts) - - Show Bio

ew, why ? and recent issues of ff and fantastic four show that the Richards' aren't in trouble.

#17 Posted by catfightfan (603 posts) - - Show Bio

It appears that the consensus on this forum is against a Spidey-Sue relationship. at least at this point in time. Perhaps such could happen in the Ultimate Universe someday?

#18 Posted by w0nd (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

@catfightfan:

I know this is 4 months old, but how? He's dead, and she's engaged to Ben Grim in Ultimate.

#19 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13682 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@catfightfan:

I know this is 4 months old, but how? He's dead, and she's engaged to Ben Grim in Ultimate.

obviously the op made this when he WASNT dead.

#20 Posted by Backflip (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

I always consider Sue to kinda of see her relationship with Spidey as some older cousin. A sense of camaraderie, but oddly protective.

#21 Posted by w0nd (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@w0nd said:

@catfightfan:

obviously the op made this when he WASNT dead.

Spider-man died in 2011, The person I was replying to about ultimate spider-man said that 4 months ago, and the poster of the topic made this in 2012....either way both were AFTER he was dead.

#22 Posted by w0nd (4076 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip said:

I always consider Sue to kinda of see her relationship with Spidey as some older cousin. A sense of camaraderie, but oddly protective.

There relationship seemed closer in the 616 universe.  in ultimate I think it could have gotten better if they got to know each other even more,   they needed some moments together there.
#23 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on their interactions in Hickman's FF, I think it's a more maternal/older-sister relationship than anything else.

I don't think it's a good idea at any rate. The age-gap and past history just makes it a little odd.

#24 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark:

The age-gap and past history just makes it a little odd.

bow chicka bow wow

#25 Posted by w0nd (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was funny that he asked her out, out of spite in the 616 universe, but that's about it.

#26 Posted by catfightfan (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Realistically, it would only be possible in the Marvel Universe if either Reed was killed off permanently (very doubtful) or if Reed and Sue divorced. Perhaps some other Marvel heroine will come along and break-up Reed and Sue's marriage, but because of the children being young, such seems unlikely at this time. I remember that Medusa had a crush on Reed back in the Silver Age in issue 41. Maybe she and Reed could fall in love, but again, such is a real long shot.

#27 Posted by Johnni_Kun (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Based on their interactions in Hickman's FF, I think it's a more maternal/older-sister relationship than anything else.

I don't think it's a good idea at any rate. The age-gap and past history just makes it a little odd.

How big can the age-gap be? Also isn't there a big/bigger age-gap between Sue and Reed? I remember reading somewhere that Reed could be 10 years older than her.

#28 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

How big can the age-gap be? Also isn't there a big/bigger age-gap between Sue and Reed? I remember reading somewhere that Reed could be 10 years older than her.

Truth be told, I have no idea. Age in comics is a fickle-minded thing, but at the start of Marvel's Silver Age, Peter was in high school while Sue was a young adult. I'm guessing anywhere between 5-7 years.

#29 Posted by w0nd (4076 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnni_kun: they retconned that age gap. the firs time she was a 10 year old while he was in his late 20's speaking with her father....she was going on about even at that age she knew she loved him.

It was later changed to them being the same age, and he moved into her aunts house, sort of like room and board, while he was starting out his career.

#30 Edited by BR_Havoc (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Sue looks at Peter in a maternal light kind of how she does with Johnny (Even tho there brother and sister.) Plus do you really think a company that would not let Peter have a kid because it would age him to much (BS IMO) would let him date a women with 2 kids?

#31 Posted by Primebonnick (2952 posts) - - Show Bio

no i doubt it. Reed needs to step up though or main universe sue may just pull a ultimate universe on him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.