Fantastic Four: Invisible Woman's Force Field

#1 Posted by justinkos91 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

What is immune and can get through it, what can't?
#2 Posted by justinkos91 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it immune to telepathy? I know it prevented Jean Grey's telekinesis from working.
#3 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Psi-Lord had to have Sue drop her shield to enter her mind
#4 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Even stops matter manipulation
#5 Posted by justinkos91 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Could her force-field hold/contain Dr. Doom?
#6 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5428 posts) - - Show Bio

yes
#7 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@justinkos91 said:
" Could her force-field hold/contain Dr. Doom? "
totally

also,her shields are powerfull enought to open a hole in a Celestial's armour (Nobody haves scan)
she also held a atomic-bomb (or something like that) long enought to Thor redirect it to the space 
and to think i used to believe she was the weakest member of the Fantastic Four,when she actualy could solo Ben,Jonnhy and Reed at the same time
#8 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" to think i used to believe she was the weakest member of the Fantastic Four,when she actualy could solo Ben,Jonnhy and Reed at the same time "
thought the same but that was from the cartoon interpitation were she was always weaker and struggled with pushing her powers
#9 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" @Matezoide said:
" to think i used to believe she was the weakest member of the Fantastic Four,when she actualy could solo Ben,Jonnhy and Reed at the same time "
thought the same but that was from the cartoon interpitation were she was always weaker and struggled with pushing her powers "
yeah,me too 
dont forget the movies
#10 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" @Matezoide said:
thought the same but that was from the cartoon interpitation were she was always weaker and struggled with pushing her powers "
she originally was the weakest...back before the age of feminism and female empowerment...it's only now that she's the most powerful of the FF
#11 Posted by justinkos91 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks comicviners :) New to these forums, spend more time on another, I hope I didn't post this in the wrong section :/
#12 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @RedK said:
" @Matezoide said:
yeah,me too  dont forget the movies "
they were crap she got a nose bleed from putting up a force field.

and think in the second she was using her physical strength to hold up the force field when their controled mentally
#13 Posted by ForceField (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I also have a question about the Invisible Woman force field. If she can turn invisible things visible, can she make her force field visible? It would make those things much easier to climb or run on if she and others can see them!
#14 Posted by cmkphoenixfan1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually her force fields can be seen. Id say she can make them visible or invisible ForceField. Ladys choice.
#15 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

To me I think her force fields are invisible but when struck they tend to turn translucent.

#16 Posted by all4storm (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen a scan that shows emma frost effecting her with telepathy while her shield was up.  So is their anything that actually states that nothing can get through her shield.
#17 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember during Maximum Security Moonstone phased through Sue's force fields but she was being over powered by the Kree stone that gives her her powers. Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar could turn into light and pass through theoretically but she'd have to turn into something else to hurt her.

#18 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @justinkos91 said:
" Could her force-field hold/contain Dr. Doom? "
totally  also,her shields are powerfull enought to open a hole in a Celestial's armour (Nobody haves scan) "

Also adding stabbing Galactus
#19 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:
" To me I think her force fields are invisible but when struck they tend to turn translucent. "
I don't become visible. If you hit them with an energy blast, the blast my form around the shield so you could effectively see it. But if you just punched it, it would remain invisible.
#20 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@all4storm said:
" I have seen a scan that shows emma frost effecting her with telepathy while her shield was up.  So is their anything that actually states that nothing can get through her shield. "
but it stopped a superior telepath (Psi-Lord) and this was wroten by a X-Man writter,who clearly doesnt know about the FF
#21 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @all4storm said:
" I have seen a scan that shows emma frost effecting her with telepathy while her shield was up.  So is their anything that actually states that nothing can get through her shield. "
but it stopped a superior telepath (Psi-Lord) and this was wroten by a X-Man writter,who clearly doesnt know about the FF "
It can just as easily be said that the issue with Psi-Lord was purely PIS
#22 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

It has stopped telekinesis from Jean Grey as well:

#23 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @Charmix said:
" To me I think her force fields are invisible but when struck they tend to turn translucent. "
I don't become visible. If you hit them with an energy blast, the blast my form around the shield so you could effectively see it. But if you just punched it, it would remain invisible. "
Okay.
#24 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

light can get through
as they are transparent

#25 Posted by all4storm (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide:
So there seems to be confusion on exactly what is and wat is not.  Physical, concussive, and energy attacks cant.  But I really would like solid proof of telepathy not working.  Honestly I dont know how a force field can block that.
#26 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@all4storm said:
" @Matezoide: So there seems to be confusion on exactly what is and wat is not.  Physical, concussive, and energy attacks cant.  But I really would like solid proof of telepathy not working.  Honestly I dont know how a force field can block that. "
It blocked telekinesis, I don't see why it couldn't block telepathy.
#27 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way to get through Sue's force field is to almost kill her....that's typically the case. 

#28 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" The only way to get through Sue's force field is to almost kill her....that's typically the case.  "

That might work...maybe :P
#29 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: Ok, now that's just bullsh*t
#30 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @Nobody: Ok, now that's just bullsh*t "
LMAO Couldn't resist posting it.
#31 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
" @Nobody: Ok, now that's just bullsh*t "
^^ This.
#32 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

You don't mess with Sue Richards. Even out cold she'd beat you down lol

#33 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#34 Posted by all4storm (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: 
So I guess one is left to assume then, but how did emma hurt her and whoever else that was inside her shield    
#35 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@all4storm said:
" @Nobody: So I guess one is left to assume then, but how did emma hurt her and whoever else that was inside her shield     "
Seven months too late, but I can tell you that it's writer error. Mostly likely on the writer during the Emma Frost story arc since based on Sue's other feats, it's well in the her range to block telepathy.
#36 Posted by silverr (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@all4storm:  was susan with a force field around her head? no! she did a force field around wolverine, and he was also affected, cause when emma used the telepathic blast, susan lost her focus, so the force field disappeared, making his mind also vunerable.
#37 Posted by silverr (50 posts) - - Show Bio

an susan's force field are able to cut almost everything, she can create very sharp discs, and move them the speed she wants, I doubt if she's concentrating to keep moving it would stop, no matter how hard is the object or whatever.

#38 Posted by moorebman90 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I really do think that that should explore a different mental abilities of the invisible woman branching from her psionic force to telekinesis or even telepathy

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.