An Invisible Woman Limited Series?

#1 Posted by Deathscythe (456 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just curious to see how many fans of the Invisible Woman out there would be interested in reading a mini about Sue without the rest of the Fantastic Four?

It seems like only Ben and Johnny have gotten a chance to explore their superhero prowess outside of the team. The only time we've actually gotten a good view of Sue outside of the Fantastic Four dynamic has been in the rare one-shot and the only one that comes to mind is "Captain Universe and the Invisible Woman."

Given that recently in the FF book, as well as Civil War, she's actually gotten a chance to shine alone against one or two villains, the Wizard and Taskmaster, it would be a good opportunity to view her as a superheroine on her own terms.

Anyway, how many people are takers on the idea of a limited series based on Sue?

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I like her character alot. Just not sure how well she would stand out as a character without the rest of them there.

#3 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd buy a 6 issue or less mini series, just because I like Sue Storm. She's a good character. She's hot and she's got a cool power. She is often forgotten as a great heronie because she lives in Reed's shadow.

The thing that I love about FF is that it is such a tight knit team. It is not just a team but a family. There's not constant rouster changes as with Avengers or X-Men. The Avengers are all good individual characters working together but the FF are 4 parts of 1 whole. Unlike many other heroes, they have alway been intended to be together. These things are a strength to the FF title, unfortunately that strength usually causes their solo books to tank.

#4 Posted by Deathscythe (456 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people have used that argument on why none of the Fantastic Four characters should have their own series because they work best as a team. Which they do because you're not known as the "First Family" if you don't have a winning combination with the rest of the team.

But it's a chance to really validate or invalidate that notion. Hence why it would be a limited. Sue is already recognized as the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four and considered one of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel U, it would be a good time to really explore her character and see if she could make it as a stand alone character facing villains by herself and using her own ingenuity and skills to do so.

#5 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

She definitly has the power to stand alone without the F4, I'm just wondering how entertaining it would be with the personality of the rest of the 4 with her.

#6 Posted by Deathscythe (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Sue Storm is a phenomenal character in my eyes. She's a rarity in comics because she has so many different roles in one. She's a mother, a wife, a sister, a friend, and a superheroine. The fact that she's able to juggle so many roles in one really makes her into a something rare. I mean how often to we get to see a mother and superheroine in a comicbook as effective as Susan? She's a hard working mother. Not to the mention the fact that we've really gotten a chance to watch her evolve as a character. It's one of the things I love most about Sue. She didn't start off as a powerhouse, she was a "damsel-in-distress" and throughout the years she worked her butt off to get to the point she's at now.

I do agree, the fact that Fantastic Four have always been marketed as a Family does make the solo books suffer but I suppose fans have to try to pull themselves from the FF mentality (as hard as that is) while they read the character's solo series. But the solo's could really give you a look into the mind of Sue, what she has to deal with everyday and what happens when she's forced to put her job as "mother" to the backburner to go save lives. It could be a good chance to really get into her psyche.

I'd really like to see Sue deal with some inner demons, I've always had it in my head that Sue does partly blame herself for Ben's transformation into the Thing, especially since it was her words that incited the already hesitant Ben to come aboard the spaceship that fateful day that turned him into the Thing.

Post Edited:2008-01-11 15:28:54

#7 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathscythe says:

"Sue Storm is a phenomenal character in my eyes. She's a rarity in comics because she has so many different roles in one. She's a mother, a wife, a sister, a friend, and a superheroine. The fact that she's able to juggle so many roles in one really makes her into a something rare. I mean how often to we get to see a mother and superheroine in a comicbook as effective as Susan? She's a hard working mother. Not to the mention the fact that we've really gotten a chance to watch her evolve as a character. It's one of the things I love most about Sue. She didn't start off as a powerhouse, she was a "damsel-in-distress" and throughout the years she worked her butt off to get to the point she's at now.I do agree, the fact that Fantastic Four have always been marketed as a Family does make the solo books suffer but I suppose fans have to try to pull themselves from the FF mentality (as hard as that is) while they read the character's solo series. But the solo's could really give you a look into the mind of Sue, what she has to deal with everyday and what happens when she's forced to put her job as "mother" to the backburner to go save lives. It could be a good chance to really get into her psyche.I'd really like to see Sue deal with some inner demons, I've always had it in my head that Sue does partly blame herself for Ben's transformation into the Thing, especially since it was her words that incited the already hesitant Ben to come aboard the spaceship that fateful day that turned him into the Thing.
Post Edited:2008-01-11 15:28:54"

You bring up some good points.

I suppose it could work if it was handled like the Wolverine solo series-where he is still part of the team but has his own separate adventures on the side. If they had Sue leave the team it would suck like the Thing solo series.

I think an old friend from Sue's past should come along needing help. Sue would go off to help her out (encountering super villains in the process) but would still be trying to balance life on the team, as well as life as a mother and wife.

They could bring in Namor as a guest star and stir up some of the love triangle tension.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathscythe says:

"Sue Storm is a phenomenal character in my eyes. She's a rarity in comics because she has so many different roles in one. She's a mother, a wife, a sister, a friend, and a superheroine. The fact that she's able to juggle so many roles in one really makes her into a something rare. I mean how often to we get to see a mother and superheroine in a comicbook as effective as Susan? She's a hard working mother. Not to the mention the fact that we've really gotten a chance to watch her evolve as a character. It's one of the things I love most about Sue. She didn't start off as a powerhouse, she was a "damsel-in-distress" and throughout the years she worked her butt off to get to the point she's at now.I do agree, the fact that Fantastic Four have always been marketed as a Family does make the solo books suffer but I suppose fans have to try to pull themselves from the FF mentality (as hard as that is) while they read the character's solo series. But the solo's could really give you a look into the mind of Sue, what she has to deal with everyday and what happens when she's forced to put her job as "mother" to the backburner to go save lives. It could be a good chance to really get into her psyche.I'd really like to see Sue deal with some inner demons, I've always had it in my head that Sue does partly blame herself for Ben's transformation into the Thing, especially since it was her words that incited the already hesitant Ben to come aboard the spaceship that fateful day that turned him into the Thing.
Post Edited:2008-01-11 15:28:54"

I like a lot of what you said and while I do think the team/family works and reads better together, I'd check out a limited series with Sue. On the inner demons thing though, I think if she were to be dealing with them in the mini, they should be something different. To me, Thing's problem has always been (one of) Reed's issue(s). Sue may feel a little responsible but nowhere near as much as Reed, and if she's going to stand on her own she should have her own problems, not one that's been used so much for her husband's character.

#9 Posted by Deathscythe (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven says:

"You bring up some good points.I suppose it could work if it was handled like the Wolverine solo series-where he is still part of the team but has his own separate adventures on the side. If they had Sue leave the team it would suck like the Thing solo series.I think an old friend from Sue's past should come along needing help. Sue would go off to help her out (encountering super villains in the process) but would still be trying to balance life on the team, as well as life as a mother and wife.They could bring in Namor as a guest star and stir up some of the love triangle tension."

Thanks, I try to when it comes to Sue. She's my favorite Superhero so I want to always validate with actual evidence and logic instead of someone who just goes rabid over everything pertaining to a character. Lol.

I think that sounds like a good idea. I don't think she would be able to leave anyway, it would mean leaving Franklin and Valeria behind and I doubt she'd be able to do that for very long. I can only imagine how she felt being apart from then as long as she did during Civil War. Something ELSE they can touch upon, how she dealt being away from her children while also having to fight in something that pitted family and friend alike against one another. That had to do a number to her mentally and emotionally.

You know that would be an awesome set-up. They could use Cam, her friend from the "Before the Fantastic Four" limited series. It was an interesting comic, especially since they were trying to protect the amulet of Zarasthro who wanted to make Johnny into the New Ghost Rider. But yeah it could be interesting. They could introduce some new villains too.

I like the Namor idea. When he comes into the picture you get to see how she deals with the emotions he incites in her. Perhaps she struggles wondering of what could have been and longing for that a bit before going back. We really haven't seen much of Namor/Reed/Sue love triangle lately.

#10 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

if sue wasn't married i'd like her

#11 Posted by Kraven (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathscythe says:

"Kraven says:
"You bring up some good points.I suppose it could work if it was handled like the Wolverine solo series-where he is still part of the team but has his own separate adventures on the side. If they had Sue leave the team it would suck like the Thing solo series.I think an old friend from Sue's past should come along needing help. Sue would go off to help her out (encountering super villains in the process) but would still be trying to balance life on the team, as well as life as a mother and wife.They could bring in Namor as a guest star and stir up some of the love triangle tension."

Thanks, I try to when it comes to Sue. She's my favorite Superhero so I want to always validate with actual evidence and logic instead of someone who just goes rabid over everything pertaining to a character. Lol.

I think that sounds like a good idea. I don't think she would be able to leave anyway, it would mean leaving Franklin and Valeria behind and I doubt she'd be able to do that for very long. I can only imagine how she felt being apart from then as long as she did during Civil War. Something ELSE they can touch upon, how she dealt being away from her children while also having to fight in something that pitted family and friend alike against one another. That had to do a number to her mentally and emotionally.

You know that would be an awesome set-up. They could use Cam, her friend from the "Before the Fantastic Four" limited series. It was an interesting comic, especially since they were trying to protect the amulet of Zarasthro who wanted to make Johnny into the New Ghost Rider. But yeah it could be interesting. They could introduce some new villains too.

I like the Namor idea. When he comes into the picture you get to see how she deals with the emotions he incites in her. Perhaps she struggles wondering of what could have been and longing for that a bit before going back. We really haven't seen much of Namor/Reed/Sue love triangle lately. "

The last I have seen of the Sue/Namor love-tension was in Civil War #6. That was a good scene.

#12 Posted by Deathscythe (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I like a lot of what you said and while I do think the team/family works and reads better together, I'd check out a limited series with Sue. On the inner demons thing though, I think if she were to be dealing with them in the mini, they should be something different. To me, Thing's problem has always been (one of) Reed's issue(s). Sue may feel a little responsible but nowhere near as much as Reed, and if she's going to stand on her own she should have her own problems, not one that's been used so much for her husband's character."

I see what you mean. You're probably right but it was one of the ones that I've always dwelled on. They could have her have some retrospection on her life and her tragedies. Another one that always stands out is the miscarriage of Valeria the first time around. Sure she has her now but evenso, the pain and misery of that first time is not something one could forget. I'm surprised they have haven't really touched down upon that period of her life after she had a second chance at Valeria. I would imagine at times, when she looked at her daughter's face she would have those painful memories of the past.

It would also be interesting to see her struggle with the morality of superheroics. Whether she would actually be willing to kill someone if the situation was dire enough. During the last few issues of the Fantastic Four after she was kidnapped by the Wizard, and after being freed. She was basically toying with him by threatening his life and she mentioned how she wasn't her husband or brother. I'm aware it was a threat but it really makes you wonder the truth in those words and whether she would actually go through with something like that. In the past, even if she's ever had that thought in her head, she couldn't do it because of the rest of the team and their stance of not killing, but now by herself it's a whole nother ballgame so she'll really have to abide by her own code of ethics.

Kraven says:

"The last I have seen of the Sue/Namor love-tension was in Civil War #6. That was a good scene."

Yeah but it wasn't juicy or lengthy enough. :P

#13 Posted by frogman55 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#14 Posted by Danko (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I would read it, But i think she would still need to be part of the team. Just have some solo adventures on the side. The team is just a part of her character, and i would hate to see that get lost.

#15 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely read it. She is a woman and invisible?! Man! it can't be easy. This mini would prolly be surprisingly powerful

#16 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"

I don't know, I like her character alot. Just not sure how well she would stand out as a character without the rest of them there.

"
I've changed my mind about this. I would love to see an Invisible Woman mini series, and I'm surprised Marvel hasn't attempted one before.
#17 Posted by War Killer (20216 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like a cool mini series, she's my favorite FF member and one of my favorite Marvel Girls

#18 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

i would buy it in a heart beat!

#19 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Over the past couple months Susan as made it to my top 3 favorite characters. She really is amazing.

#20 Posted by War Killer (20216 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"Over the past couple months Susan as made it to my top 3 favorite characters. She really is amazing."

She really is
#21 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see her pulling off a series, not a mini series.

#22 Posted by War Killer (20216 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
"I could see her pulling off a series, not a mini series."
I don't know about a whole seires, I wouldn't mind her maybe joining an Avengers team though
#23 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" I could see her pulling off a series, not a mini series. "
You mean a full ongoing on her own?
#24 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" I could see her pulling off a series, not a mini series. "
You mean a full ongoing on her own? "
No like how Wolverine has his Series, he does that and is on 3 teams :]
#25 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"@Nobody said:
"

"
I've changed my mind about this. I would love to see an Invisible Woman mini series, and I'm surprised Marvel hasn't attempted one before."

I read on CBR the other day that the Marvel Divas was originally intended to be an Invisible Woman solo mini... but I can't find their article on it now.
#26 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Nobody said:
"@Nobody said:
"

"
I've changed my mind about this. I would love to see an Invisible Woman mini series, and I'm surprised Marvel hasn't attempted one before."
I read on CBR the other day that the Marvel Divas was originally intended to be an Invisible Woman solo mini... but I can't find their article on it now. "
It would probably been better if it had. :(
#27 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, finally found it... Here it is.

Quoted from CBR:

The roots for the “Marvel Divas” series actually begin with Aguirre-Sacasa's early work at Marvel, the series “4” and “Sensational Spider-Man,” both of which he produced for editor Warren Simons. “Warren rightly identified that I seem to be drawn to and enjoy writing strong female characters,” the writer said. “In '4,' I tried to write the most formidable Invisible Woman that I could. She was the heart, soul, and strength of the team when I wrote that series. And with 'Sensational Spider-Man,' I wanted Mary Jane to be as much an equal partner to Spidey as possible. I mean, there’s scenes in which she takes on and beats Swarm and Man-Wolf—not to mention Aunt May outsmarts the Chameleon. I didn't write those stories with any agenda other than not wanting the women in Spider-Man’s life to be pushovers, sitting at home, by the phone, wringing their hands, wondering if Peter would make it home safe and sound.”

When they began to discuss the project that would become “Marvel Divas,” Aguirre-Sacasa and Simons envisioned it as a solo book featuring the Invisible Woman, the writer's favorite Marvel character. Upon further brainstorming, the project became an “off-beat team book,” featuring four characters readers wouldn't readily think of as being friends.

#28 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

So close to one! Maybe we might possibly see one in a year or so.

#29 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe write to Marvel & ask for one?  If they get enough requests then they might realise there's a demand for it?

Personally, I'm worried by the current trend towards 'girlie' comics.  Marvel Divas and Models, Inc. are obviously created to attract female readers, but as a girl I'd be embarrassed to actually buy them... and I unashamedly buy the New Mutants and Lockjaw & the Pet Avengers without batting an eye.

#30 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Marvel Divas and Models look pathetic. They still got some strong female titles like uhh....Ms. Marvel?

#31 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

And She-Hulk... oh, no... :(

#32 Posted by HeroineAddict (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I wrote this on the MARVEL Board... 

I'd like to request a mini-series called Memoirs Of An Invisible Woman.

Basically Sue writes her autobiography and in it we see her solo adventures during various phases of her career. 
We see her evolution from the hostage girl of Lee-Kirby era to the heavy hitter woman she is today.  And we may learn a few
things along the way.

Example:  What justified Sue and Johnny going along on the test flight?

Possible Answer:  When Reed was ready to build his prototype rocket Sue was his personal assistant.  She was there when the controls
were installed and tested.  She was there when Reed conducted flight simulations. 

Hoping it would teach Johnny to be more responsible Sue askes Reed to let him help with the project. She was thinking minor grunt
chores but Reed saw that he was mechanically gifted. (Hardly surprising since Reed himself got Johnny interested in mechanics when
Johnny saw Reed tuning up the family car back when he lived at their boarding house.) Thus Johnny actually helped Reed assemble the
prototype engine for the rocket.  He was also there during the tests and simulations.

Neither Sue nor Johnny pretend to understand how the systems work.  But they both know enough to know what gages to read and what
buttons to push. When Reed is pushed by circumstances into highjacking his own rocket the Storms insist on going.  (The other two
crew members are still in training trying to learn Reed's tech.) 

Sue: Don't let "Mr. Fantastic*" go to your head, Reed.  I mean...I know you don't take it seriously when your peers and the press
call you that.  And I know you can multi-task like no one's business.  But you are only human.  You stretch yourself thin going in
every direction at once. And mistakes are made because of that.  Believe me a mistake is the last thing you want to make in outer
space traveling beyond the speed of light. 

*(A more logical reason for him to be called "Mr. Fantastic."  He already had the name before the cosmic storm.)

Johnny: Your ship is safe ain't it?

Reed: Of course it is. If I didn't think it was I'd...

Johnny:  Then why can't we go?  Sue and I know enough to handle the routine functions. God knows we've been involved in enough
simulations to handle that.  You deal with the more complacated stuff.

Sue:  It would lighten your workload. 

Reed finally agrees and now we know Sue and Johnny had a legitimate reason for going along.

Example: Sue's guilt over what happened to Ben. In the first issue Ben doesn't want to go, Sue calls him a coward, he gets angry
and changes his mind.  Don't you think she'd feel guilty over what happpend to him?  She did goad him into going.  And did Ben
ever feel any anger toward Sue because of what happened to him?  She did piss him off and make him change his mind. 

Possible Answer:  Sue did feel tremendious guilt over what happened.  At some point, when they are alone together, she confronts
the Thing...

Sue: Stop blaming Reed for what happened to you.  It's my fault.  Mine!  (Starts to sob) I...I goaded you into going.  I made you
c-change your mind a-and you...(Breaks down completely) Hate me, Ben!  Hate me!

For the first time since his transformation Ben's harsh craggy features soften. With hands and arms that could crush her like a
grape he embraces the sobbing young woman and tells her he'd have gone anyway.  Sue really had nothing to do with it except to
piss him off for a few minutes.  Ben explains that this isn't the first time Reed ran off halfcocked to prove something.  Ben
often had to play devil's advocate in order to make him see if he covered all the bases.  If he hadn't Reed corrects the flaw.
If he had then off they go.  But this time Reed didn't check all the bases.  This time he didn't correct the flaw.  (Whatever
it might have been.)

Ben is mad at Reed because he didn't listen to him.  Ben is mad at himself because he let his ambition (Making history as one of
the first to break the light barrier.  To go beyond the moon.) overwhelm his common sense.  Sue only irritated him and had nothing
to do with his decision.

Believing Ben, a great burden is lifted from Sue's shoulders.  She finally stops walking on eggshells around the Thing and starts
treating him like she aways did.

Interesting story ideas would be... 

In FF #1 Vol 1, Sue was visiting a society friend when the flare went out. What if that friend was Janet Van Dyne? And when Jan
became the Wasp later on she visited Sue for pointers. Perhaps they even went on adventures together. A potential comedy issue
could be a double date story with Reed and Sue, Hank and Janet. Of course someting happens. And while Mr. Fantastic and Giant-Man
argue over tactics, and every thing else, The Invisible Girl and the Wasp take care of business.

{Or maybe they get captured and the guys have to rescue them. We see Sue bound and gagged and fuming. "This is what, the fifth
TIME this year I get tied up? This has got to stop." Nearby the Wasp is sulking too. "Well, here I am. Trapped in a jar AGAIN
!
This has SO got to stop." After being rescued, AGAIN, the Invisible Girl and the Wasp sneak off for secret training with the newly
arrived Captain America.}

Another interesting idea would be a team-up with Wasp AND Marvel Girl.  MARVEL's 1st Ladies banded together.

Speaking of the X-Men. They were invited to Reed and Sue's wedding. Maybe it was because of the 1st ladies team up or maybe some
time before the wedding, Sue had met and helped the X-Men.  Or the X-Men helped her.  As a result a friendship is formed between
the two teams.  Now I know there was an issue in which the two teams clashed.  The Awsome Android was involved as I recall. 
I honestly don't know if Sue was single at the time or not.  If she was then the story can take place some time after that first
encounter.  And since the original X's were also invited to Hank and Jan's offbeat wedding maybe it was Sue and Jan who forged the
friendship between the three teams. 

Other story ideas...

I can see a human interest story where Sue helps her minister help someone in trouble. In order to spice it up though this
someone's problem is connected to a super villain. {Maybe her husband works for the guy.} Sue stops the villain who, of course,
vows revenge. (For now he's referred to as Sue's Villain)

A criminal mastermind thinks that by kidnapping the Thing's relatives he can force the FF to do his bidding. Reed convinces Ben to
play along. Alicia agrees to once again dress up like Sue and tag along while the real Invisible Girl rescues Uncle Jake. Sue
manages to free him. The Thing is then free to teach the villain a lesson the underworld better dare not forget. Don't mess with
the FF's family.

Sue's Villain hires Kraven the Hunter to kill the pre force-field savvy Invisible Girl.  Seeing this as a chance to test his
stalking skills against an invisible prey he accepts. Sue is kidnapped and taken to a small island. There she's forced to play
"the most dangerious game." Can Sue, with only invisibility, outwit a most ruthless and formidable hunter?

Jan throws Sue a bachlerette party.  Something happens and the 1st ladies deal with it.

Jan throws Sue a baby shower.  Something happens and the 1st Ladies plus Wanda, Crystal and Medusa deal with it.

I'd like to see a Sue VS Classic Hulk. The Invisible Girl stands alone against the Jade Giant. The Hulk is in town. The boys and
Crystal are on a mission. The Avengers are also out of town.

Realizing the Hulk must be led out of the city before there is serious property damage and injuries like the last time Sue tries
to find a babysitter. Alicia isn't home. FINALLY she gets Jarvis the butler. Sue then searches for the Hulk and finds him. She
tries to use charm to tame the monster as force will just make things worse. But the Army shows up and screws the pooch.

The Hulk reacts accordingly. "HULK SMASH!!! HULK BASH!!!! HULK CASTRATE!!!" Sue then takes a gamble. She get's the Hulk's
attention and then shouts "KNOCK IT OFF YOU IDIOT!!!"  The Hulk reacts accordingly. "ON ONE TELLS HULK WHAT TO DO!!!" Sue then
gently says, "Not you, Hulk." She then points an accusing finger toward Major Glenn Talbot. "HIM!!!" Sue then procedes to tear
Talbot a new one. She dresses him down in front of his men and the press.   

"I swear my kid brother has more common sense than you do!!!" The Hulk does something he rarely if ever does. He laughs. And
laughs. And LAUGHS. Realizing he's turning into "Puny Banner" again the Hulk leaves. Sue saves the city with minimal damage.
She made an enemy out of Glenn Talbot but Sue can live with that. So what if his promotion to Colonel falls through.

HAHAHAHA. Blue Girl called Talbot a "Tool." HAHAHAHA.

Sue helps Dr. Strange and, in the end, he recommends Agatha Harkness as a possible nanny for the newborn Franklin.  Now all Sue
has to do is convince Reed.

Sue and Reed are separated and she's seriously considering a divorce.  Something happens and Sue considers a new career as a
private investigator.  (The separation was due to Reed shutting down Franklin's brain when his power was beyond his control.)

Hank hits Jan and Sue finds out. Try as she may there's nothing Sue can do for her friend.  To cheer her up Reed takes Sue out. 
We find out that they really are a fun and loving couple.  Reed isn't always a slave to his lab.  Sue isn't always a lab widow. 
There is a side to Reed and Sue outside that lab and the team. It's rarely shown but it is there.  Frank and Val are proof of
that.

Sue and She-Hulk find themselves in Murder World.  Arcade was hired by Sue's Villain. 

During the She-Thing period, when Reed and Sue were not active members, the Richards' solve a case on their own.  The cosmic
Thin Man.  Another Reed and Sue do have fun together story.

Reed is believed dead and Sue leads an FF with Ant-Man as a member.  Sue's Villain tries to get revenge on her again. Much like
Dr. Doom hates Reed this guy has a serious mad on for Sue. Sue clobbers him.

Sue and Jan were on opposite sides of the Civil War. How did this affect their friendship?  Were they more civil than Cap and
Iron Man?  How did they resolve their differences? 

Sue's villain returns.  But this time, it's different.  He's basically made a deal with the devil to gain more power to crush the
woman who humiliated him.  He's more powerful and more cunning.  He takes out Reed, Ben and Johnny through ambush and trickery. He
places them each in a death trap. He also holds the children hostage in a death trap.  Sue, angry, goes all out but this time he's
up to the challenge of fighting the Invisible Woman. They beat and batter each other but ultimately Sue gains the upper hand.  She
is pounding on an unconscious man when Reed and the others stop her. 

(Not knowing Vals mental capacity, the villain couldn't suspect she'd figure out how to escape the death trap and free the others.)

Jan is dead and Sue speaks at her funeral. She also remembers their last adventure together.  Sue's Miss America Foundation where
she, Jan, She-Hulk, and Storm went to Europe to give aid at a disaster site. Dazzler* and Captain Britain, of New Excalibur, were
also there. (At this time Nocturn was still recovering from her stroke, Wisdom had Sage and Juggernaut involved in a case for
MI13.) The six of them not only help the victims but also deal with the super powered terrorists who caused it.  She remembers Jan
was very much the selfless hero that day.  They all were. 

Anyway you get the general idea.  Sue's solo adventures over the years. 

Bare in mind I made up certain things like Sue being Reed's personal assistant and Reed teaching Johnny auto mechanics.)

#33 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

All interesting ideas. Although I wonder if people would buy into it. I mean I dig the fact that we're seeing into their past but I still wonder if people would bite. And a lot of what you've mentioned just doesn't go to me, for example, Sue being Reed's assistant. Again, that's just me.

You know Sue does have a villain that I would love to see return. Granted he was a team villain but after what he did to her he definitely became her very own villain and I'm talking about Psycho Man. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back and try to get back at Susan as revenge for what happened after the Malice Arc. We got him in the Marvel Knights series but not in the 616 continuity. 

You know what would really be interesting? If they did choose to show bits of her past they should definitely explore the events that turned her into Malice and the subsequent psychological effects of it. Because you can't help but wonder if Sue worries every so often if she would go back to that persona.

#34 Edited by HeroineAddict (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to be clear Sue was an actress/model or whatever just like she was originally.  She bumps into Reed and they get reaquainted.  Her professional career had grinded to a halt and to make ends meet she had to work for some Temp agency.  One thing leads to another and she eventually becomes Reed's secretary/assistant.  And as his secretary/assistant she would have a more logical reason for being on that rocket than just tagging along with her kid brother.  It would make the origin less, let's say, outragious. 

And Psycho Man is a good villain, but like her husband, she can have more than one personal enemy.  Heck I'd love the see the Wizard go gunning for her after what she did to him during the Black Panther/Storm period.

#35 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to be fair Johnny didn't tag along, he pretty much stowed away if I remember correctly. My mind's foggy nowadays. =\

Perhaps Wizard comes for the baby we saw in the first issue of Hickman's arc and he finds himself going up against Susan, perfect chance for revenge he thinks to himself, and the butt whooping commences. 

I'd like to see how Susan deals with the fact that her children are so insanely powerful in their own ways. Of course Franklin just recently got his powers back but perhaps she finds out in some way and then of course there's the brilliant Valeria. Poor Sue, she'll never see her children grow up like normal kids. One could probably make the universe go 'boom' with his mind. And the other could probably make something to make the universe go 'boom'.

#36 Edited by HeroineAddict (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Suddenly I have this image of the FF trapped in...the CORNFIELD!!!   

#37 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

With the kids they have. I can see it too. Haha.

You know what they should have when more heroines have babies? A little club. *Lol.* Seriously, who knows more about the perils of motherhood, super heroics, and  'super babies' than Susan?

#38 Posted by HeroineAddict (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Sue: Reed, this new nanny you hired... 

Reed:  Relax darling.  If anyone can handle a super powered offspring it is this woman. 

Roberta:  Dr. Richards?  Your nine o'clock is here. 

Reed: Send her in Roberta.  

The elevator doors slide open and an elderly lady with glasses enters the room.   Reed and Sue greet her. 

Reed: Mrs. Kent. 

Mrs. Kent: Please, call me Martha. 
#39 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

I should've specified and said in the Marvel U. *Lol.*

But that would be interesting either way.

#40 Posted by HeroineAddict (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Eventually there's gonna be another "kids are too powerful and something must be done about it" story.    

Anyway I am all for an Invisible Woman series.  Either a Memoirs Of An Invisible Woman    that deals with Sue during the various stages of her career.  Or something that deals with the current Sue. 

Another possiblility could be a Miss America Foundation mini series that features Mrs. Richards and a group of her heroine friends.  The Miss America Foundation,  as you know, is a charity group Sue, the Wasp and She-Hulk were developing but was never seen during the Millar run.  I can see a charity event where Sue recruits Dazzler to perform.  (My beloved Dazz has GOT to be a part of this)  She also gets Storm, queen of Wakanda, She-Hulk , Ms. Marvel Spider-Woman, Tigra and other heroines to appear and shake hands and get donations.  Of course something bad happens and the heroines band together to deal with it..     

#41 Posted by SFX87 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

i love invisible woman and i would love for her to have a limited Series.    

#42 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

damn...now i really want one.

#43 Posted by catfightfan (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Many years ago I wrote Marvel and requested Sue to be given either her own series or a limited series. The FF Bullpen have accepted many, perhaps even most of my suggestions through the years. However, this is one that they have yet to run with.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.