Whats a good jumping on point for Invincible

#1 Posted by slapz88 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

So I keep hearing wonderful things about invincible but i notice that it's at like issue 86 or something, so as a new reader to the series when is a good jumping on point. I dont mind if i have to read a few arcs backs but as long as i dont have to spend too long trying to catch up, my stack is already big enough as it is.

#2 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Start from issue #1, no exceptions.

#3 Posted by slapz88 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok... That's the best jumping on point for any series. But let's be practical about costs. is there a break or an arc that would be a good time to jump in on it.

#4 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@slapz88: Issue #1.... seriously man it's well worth it.

#5 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@slapz88: Issue 1 no joke...

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33614 posts) - - Show Bio
@cyberninja said:

Start from issue #1, no exceptions.

@azza04 said:

@slapz88: Issue #1.... seriously man it's well worth it.

@difficlus said:

@slapz88: Issue 1 no joke...

I got asked this a few weeks ago and I have to say this was my answer also.
#7 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the issue 1 statements.

Just about each issue has left me with my mouth open

#8 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by comix christian (85 posts) - - Show Bio

I Also have to say issue 1...I Don't think the first 6-8 issues are that good, but belive me it get's a lot better....I guess if you have to you could skip the first issues, but i woulden't recoment it. Read the whole thing it's great.

#10 Posted by howler412 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Follow the trades. start at the beginning. it keeps building on itself and references itself later on. Issues like 1-8 are mediocre, but the rest won't make sense without it. I seriously suggest starting with the trades and building from there. trade 1 is like 10 USD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.