Follow

Invincible

Character » Invincible appears in 444 issues.

Girls, acne, homework and supervillains. When you're a teenager it pays to be - Invincible. Mark Grayson is the hero Invincible, whom is a Viltrumite/Human hybrid. Mark is one of the greatest heroes on Earth and is the son of Omni-Man. The new emperor of the Viltrum empire is a true hero to the very end.

Kirkman's 'Invincible': An Analysis of Gore

• 131 results
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vitality

In attempt to get us back on track...I give you...

This is why Invincible...and this level of violence makes the story that much better.

Just imaging reading about this character...from his birth on...relating with this character...liking this character....and then you see this.

sj_esposito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By sj_esposito
    @Vitality said:
    " @sEsposito7 said:
    "Wow. This conversation went right of the tracks... "
    Yeah...and an article about Invincible deserves better than this. "
    Agreed.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Caligula
    @sEsposito7 said:
    " Wow. This conversation went right of the tracks... "
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Sh_t just got real. "
    If you have been coming to the site for anytime now. you'd know Matt here is the most incompetent member of the staff. He has terrible reviews, and laughable tastes.
    He went out of his way to insult me, a user of the site. Such maturity from a staff member?

Not that I care, because I'm a big boy. But I find it hilarious, He felt the need to do so. I feel special.
    BlueStarr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BlueStarr86

I thought Invincible was a pretty good series...until someone decided to spill tomato sauce all over the pages. One of the customers at my store described it best, in my opinion, "I opened it up and saw this page full of people getting mutilated, I looked on the cover to make sure I had opened the right book, looked back, and there was still all of this pointless gore."

Invincible and The Boys seem to both be written for gore fetishists and I have no interest in look at someone's masturbatory aid. Especially when that aid involves gore. I'm not particularly squeamish about this stuff either, I've seen what mutilated people look like first hand, it wasn't pleasant then, and it isn't pleasant in comic books either. I have said for a long time, I want to escape to comics, not from them, and any comic that makes me want to stop reading it, is a bad comic.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By Kallarkz
    @mattdemers said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " if you a upset by a comic book or movie. maybe you should either
    A: Get A New Hobbie.
    or
    B: Grow the Hell Up.I don't want my comics or movies dumbed down and censored because of some whiny easily disturbed adolescent mind got a hold of some sh*t he shouldn't have. There are plenty of comics for you little whiny girls out there, no need to take away what someone else enjoys. "
    This is my favourite comment on this website. It actually made me laugh quite hard. "
    Epic quote
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By JonesDeini
    @sEsposito7: 
    True. If I'm reading FF I'd be surprised by graphic violence as opposed to Secret Warriors. Thunderbolts I'd expect it, but it'd be a surprise in Uncanny for me. 
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Vitality
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    "I thought Invincible was a pretty good series...until someone decided to spill tomato sauce all over the pages. One of the customers at my store described it best, in my opinion, "I opened it up and saw this page full of people getting mutilated, I looked on the cover to make sure I had opened the right book, looked back, and there was still all of this pointless gore."Invincible and The Boys seem to both be written for gore fetishists and I have no interest in look at someone's masturbatory aid. Especially when that aid involves gore. I'm not particularly squeamish about this stuff either, I've seen what mutilated people look like first hand, it wasn't pleasant then, and it isn't pleasant in comic books either. I have said for a long time, I want to escape to comics, not from them, and any comic that makes me want to stop reading it, is a bad comic. "

First of all...Invincible had not been running that long. The death of the Guardians of the Globe was basically the series first big story arc.

Secondly...if you actually read the book...it's about showing the reality of what superhuman fights would be...not about someones gore fetish for masturbation.

All you need to do is read the line from Omni-Man to Invincible. "One punch from one of our people and thousands lose their lives."

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Caligula
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    " I thought Invincible was a pretty good series...until someone decided to spill tomato sauce all over the pages. One of the customers at my store described it best, in my opinion, "I opened it up and saw this page full of people getting mutilated, I looked on the cover to make sure I had opened the right book, looked back, and there was still all of this pointless gore."Invincible and The Boys seem to both be written for gore fetishists and I have no interest in look at someone's masturbatory aid. Especially when that aid involves gore. I'm not particularly squeamish about this stuff either, I've seen what mutilated people look like first hand, it wasn't pleasant then, and it isn't pleasant in comic books either. I have said for a long time, I want to escape to comics, not from them, and any comic that makes me want to stop reading it, is a bad comic. "
    then don't read it. go read fraggle rock.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Vitality
    @Caligula said:
    " @sEsposito7 said:
    " Wow. This conversation went right of the tracks... "
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " Sh_t just got real. "
    If you have been coming to the site for anytime now. you'd know Matt here is the most incompetent member of the staff. He has terrible reviews, and laughable tastes.He went out of his way to insult me, a user of the site. Such maturity from a staff member?Not that I care, because I'm a big boy. But I find it hilarious, He felt the need to do so. I feel special. "

While I will say that there really was no need for your first comment........I will also say that it's very unprofessional for a staff member to call out a poster like that.

Anyways...back on topic.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    " I thought Invincible was a pretty good series...until someone decided to spill tomato sauce all over the pages. One of the customers at my store described it best, in my opinion, "I opened it up and saw this page full of people getting mutilated, I looked on the cover to make sure I had opened the right book, looked back, and there was still all of this pointless gore."Invincible and The Boys seem to both be written for gore fetishists and I have no interest in look at someone's masturbatory aid. Especially when that aid involves gore. I'm not particularly squeamish about this stuff either, I've seen what mutilated people look like first hand, it wasn't pleasant then, and it isn't pleasant in comic books either. I have said for a long time, I want to escape to comics, not from them, and any comic that makes me want to stop reading it, is a bad comic. "
    Because anyone who writes gore into their comic is clearly fapping to it. Eyeroll.
    BlueStarr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BlueStarr86
    @InnerVenom123 said:

" @BlueStarr86 said:

Because anyone who writes gore into their comic is clearly fapping to it. Eyeroll. "
    Sure, gore is fine, to a degree, but when you get large portions of the book dedicated to blood explosions, it's going a little beyond what is generally acceptable. Or at least what should be acceptable. Fact of the matter is there are entire issues dedicated to blood, internal organs, and bones being smeared across the landscape like someone was fired out of a cannon. Even Mortal Kombat didn't have gore on this level and it's freaking Mortal Kombat! The game responsible for the ESRB. That's taking it more than a bit too far. I suppose if you combined every Mortal Kombat game you would get this level of gore.
     @Caligula said:

then don't read it. go read fraggle rock. "

I probably would if there was a Fraggle Rock comic.
    Gokujam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Gokujam

Simmer down ladies.....

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vitality

@BlueStarr86: 
    If the gore shown is not for you...then just don't read the Invincible series.

No need to come here just to hate on the series and its readers just because it's not your cup of tea.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Caligula
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    " @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @BlueStarr86 said:
    Because anyone who writes gore into their comic is clearly fapping to it. Eyeroll. "
    Sure, gore is fine, to a degree, but when you get large portions of the book dedicated to blood explosions, it's going a little beyond what is generally acceptable. Or at least what should be acceptable. Fact of the matter is there are entire issues dedicated to blood, internal organs, and bones being smeared across the landscape like someone was fired out of a cannon. Even Mortal Kombat didn't have gore on this level and it's freaking Mortal Kombat! The game responsible for the ESRB. That's taking it more than a bit too far. I suppose if you combined every Mortal Kombat game you would get this level of gore. "
    Sorry but if Superman really punched someone, it would look much like Invincible.

And who are you to tell the rest of the world what is acceptable for them?
    BlueStarr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By BlueStarr86
    @Caligula said:
    Sorry but if Superman really punched someone, it would look much like Invincible.And who are you to tell the rest of the world what is acceptable for them? "
    Have you never pulled a punch before? Seriously, the entire reason Superman doesn't smear people across the landscape every time he swings his fist is because he pulls his punch. Much in the same way people do naturally. You don't really notice it, but everyone is significantly stronger than they think they are. The reason behind this is because your body puts limits on you so you don't damage yourself unless it's an emergency.

I'm saying that it isn't acceptable in that the books don't come in wraps, because a child could just walk into a store open one of these up, or bring one home to mom and dad, then suddenly we are dealing with freaked out parents. I seriously don't want to deal with parents, you can, but I'm not going to. They also don't come with warning stickers, which they should. If Empowered has to come in a wrap with a sticker, Invincible should really come in a wrap with a sticker.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Caligula
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    " @Caligula said:
    Sorry but if Superman really punched someone, it would look much like Invincible.And who are you to tell the rest of the world what is acceptable for them? "
    Have you never pulled a punch before? Seriously, the entire reason Superman doesn't smear people across the landscape every time he swings his fist is because he pulls his punch. Much in the same way people do naturally. You don't really notice it, but everyone is significantly stronger than they think they are. The reason behind this is because your body puts limits on you so you don't damage yourself unless it's an emergency. I'm saying that it isn't acceptable in that the books don't come in wraps, because a child could just walk into a store open one of these up, or bring one home to mom and dad, then suddenly we are dealing with freaked out parents. I seriously don't want to deal with parents, you can, but I'm not going to. They also don't come with warning stickers, which they should. If Empowered has to come in a wrap with a sticker, Invincible should really come in a wrap with a sticker. "
    yes there are warnings on the front of the comic.
    If you don't like the violence, then read something else. It's not like you have no alternatives.

and as for fraggle rock, there are fraggle rock comics
    No Caption Provided
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Caligula
    @BlueStarr86: P.S. the Fraggle Rock comics are actually quite good. You may also like Mouse Guard, I do as well.

But sometimes I want something violent. So I turn to comics like Invincible or Preacher.
    -Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By -Vigil-
    @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " I was really enjoying Invincible until the gore started, at which point I stopped reading. Too bad. BTW, I love the smiley-face censoring in that picture. "
    what whiner "
    Tolerance is a virtue, my friend. "
    Practice what you preach. Telling me to be tolerant of your immaturity, while you are intolerant of violence regardless of context or story. "
    I AM tolerant of other people's VIEWS on violence. Why does me not wanting to view the violence personally make me intolerant?
    Troilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By Troilus

Maybe I miss the point of these articles, like this one and the one a few days ago about a non nude panel in thor.

I think the argument should be why isnt there more violence, and actual nudity in more comics.  I think most people that read comics are of age and mature, and want it in there.

I think you should do an article from that point of view.  Like for instance in i think it was the 12.1 avengers, spider woman was captured and they had her tied up naked all issue, but you never saw her, it was all pg13 slight of hand in the dark and flowing hair nudity.  And i think the inteligencia implied they stripped her for pervy intentions at the beginning? lol

There's plenty of other heroes and villains that fight, but dont get scratched or burned or bruised at all during fighting? wth. I think the nudity is an american issue, but the violence we already get enough of at any rating so why not.  

I admit I do not know the statistics for what demographics are buying which comics, but there are kiddy titles for children if they want to read so everything else should be mature.  I think you had an article way earlier that said older (40+) people were the largest % of people buying comics if i'm not mistaken.

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By Amegashita

The real question should be, "How's the story?"  It's not so much the violence that bothers a good majority, but it's whether there is an actual point to it.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Caligula
    @-Vigil- said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " I was really enjoying Invincible until the gore started, at which point I stopped reading. Too bad. BTW, I love the smiley-face censoring in that picture. "
    what whiner "
    Practice what you preach. Telling me to be tolerant of your immaturity, while you are intolerant of violence regardless of context or story. "
    I AM tolerant of other people's VIEWS on violence. Why does me not wanting to view the violence personally make me intolerant? "
    because you stopped reading a comic that you were admittedly enjoying the story in because of some blood. So you judged the entire book because of one aspect and stopped reading it. Making you intolerant.
    Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz
    @Vitality: Wow, I wish there was a edited version to be viewed without dramatizing lil eyes...Sheesh now I have to give an answer to "WHy did Thor kill that guy Daddy?"...Oh wait...there was..
    BlueStarr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By BlueStarr86
    @Vitality said:
    " @BlueStarr86 said:
    "I thought Invincible was a pretty good series...until someone decided to spill tomato sauce all over the pages. One of the customers at my store described it best, in my opinion, "I opened it up and saw this page full of people getting mutilated, I looked on the cover to make sure I had opened the right book, looked back, and there was still all of this pointless gore."Invincible and The Boys seem to both be written for gore fetishists and I have no interest in look at someone's masturbatory aid. Especially when that aid involves gore. I'm not particularly squeamish about this stuff either, I've seen what mutilated people look like first hand, it wasn't pleasant then, and it isn't pleasant in comic books either. I have said for a long time, I want to escape to comics, not from them, and any comic that makes me want to stop reading it, is a bad comic. "

First of all...Invincible had not been running that long. The death of the Guardians of the Globe was basically the series first big story arc.

Secondly...if you actually read the book...it's about showing the reality of what superhuman fights would be...not about someones gore fetish for masturbation.

All you need to do is read the line from Omni-Man to Invincible. "One punch from one of our people and thousands lose their lives."

"
    Invincible has been going since 2003, that's not exactly a short period of time. I think it is because of the sheer volume of gore in it. To make things worse, this isn't even a very good representation of what happens with Superman level people square off, and here's why: whenever one thing hits another (I mean anything, bullets, jello, people, whatever) both objects take the impact of that hit. This means that if you punch someone hard enough to break their bones, it will break your bones back. A good example is when Mark was headbutting Conquest, his head should have been just as smashed as Conquests' head was.

Physics state that when there is an action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, this would include the horrible things strikes of that power would do to the environment. The 120mm cannon on the M1 Abrams battle tank causes a wave of pressure on the outside every time it's fired, and if anyone is close enough to the barrel, they can and will be killed. Period. Remember the cannon on the M1 Abrams is barely a % of the force these character generate with their strikes. Basically, any normal that is within 30 meters of these fights, would be turned to goo, the characters would have to hold their breath, as their strikes knocked all of the air away. This is not realistic combat.

@Caligula, I thought there was only the FCBD issue of that... I haven't seen anything else. Violence is fine, but when it's this type of violence, it really should be kept out of the hands of kids. Using wrapping. I stopped reading it because it was spending too much time on the gore and the story was beginning to lose my interest. The series reminds me a lot of Dragon Ball Z and I already watched that, it wasn't that good the first time, too decompressed.
    Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Marshal Victory
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Caligula

why are there so many feministic males out there these days... as Chuck Palahniuck would say "A generation of men raised by Women"

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By -Vigil-
    @Vitality said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " @Vitality: First of all, I just find violence on that level wrong. It disturbs me. Secondly, it's really gross. I mean, EEEWWWWWW! "

I urge you to continue reading.

As mentioned in this article...this violence...the act of your main characters actually being hurt...the threat of actual death...makes every issue that much better.

You're also missing out on what I believe is the most EPIC comic book fight ever between Invincible and Conquest.

(you have to read Invincible from the beginning for that fight to really impact you)

"
    I like the idea of the threat of injury and death being real, I just wish they didn't show it in such detail. I doubt I'll continue reading, but I appreciate your friendliness and civility.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Vitality
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    " @Vitality said:
    " @BlueStarr86 said:

"
    Invincible has been going since 2003, that's not exactly a short period of time. I think it is because of the sheer volume of gore in it. To make things worse, this isn't even a very good representation of what happens with Superman level people square off, and here's why: whenever one thing hits another (I mean anything, bullets, jello, people, whatever) both objects take the impact of that hit. This means that if you punch someone hard enough to break their bones, it will break your bones back. A good example is when Mark was headbutting Conquest, his head should have been just as smashed as Conquests' head was. Physics state that when there is an action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. "

Run and smash your face into a concrete wall......tell me if the concrete wall takes as much damage as your face.
    -Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By -Vigil-
    @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    what whiner "
    I AM tolerant of other people's VIEWS on violence. Why does me not wanting to view the violence personally make me intolerant? "
    because you stopped reading a comic that you were admittedly enjoying the story in because of some blood. So you judged the entire book because of one aspect and stopped reading it. Making you intolerant. "
    It appears we have a fundamental difference of opinion, and neither of us is going to see it the other person's way, so I'm dropping this conversation now. Just try to remember that just because someone dislikes violence doesn't make them immature. It's just their opinion.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By Nasar7
    @-Vigil-: Although I don't share your views on violence I do respect them. What is it about the violence that puts you off, may I ask? Do you just find it distasteful or unnecessary? I don't read Invincible but the gore in those panels looks silly to me.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Caligula
    @-Vigil- said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @-Vigil- said:
    what whiner "
    because you stopped reading a comic that you were admittedly enjoying the story in because of some blood. So you judged the entire book because of one aspect and stopped reading it. Making you intolerant. "
    It appears we have a fundamental difference of opinion, and neither of us is going to see it the other person's way, so I'm dropping this conversation now. Just try to remember that just because someone dislikes violence doesn't make them immature. It's just their opinion. "
    best of luck in the real world with that dismissive and willfully ignorant attitude bud.
    Luke Danes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Luke Danes

Ottley good, Invincible good, Gore good...now have rare meat, me! :o)

Gokujam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By Gokujam

@ Caligula:

Why is Virgil intolerant? Just because the book offends his personal taste and he chosses not to read it??

He says he respects other people's right to read it  but he personally would rather not.

I have to agree with Demers. You ARE an asshat...

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Caligula
    @Gokujam said:
    "

@ Caligula:

Why is Virgil intolerant? Just because the book offends his personal taste and he chosses not to read it??

He says he respects other people's right to read it  but he personally would rather not.

I have to agree with Demers. You ARE an asshat...

"
    I take it you are unable to read. he said that he enjoyed the book, until the gore. So that means he is intolerant, he wasn't unable to tolerate the gore despite him admittedly enjoying the story. He called me intolerant, so I just pointed out his hypocrisy.

And Demers pathetic, He is a detriment to this great site I have been coming to for almost two years now. He joined back in Feb, and has continually disappointed since his hiring.

His professionalism is a joke. His reviews are jokes. And his opinions cater to the lowest common denominator.

I'm not going to bow or change my opinion simply because some moron with a red tag under his screen name insults me, and writes an article showing his level of incompetence.
    jcj145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jcj145

I just started reading the Invincible title and picked up a subscription to the series while collecting the back issues with trades and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it and Invincible is quickly becoming my favorite title.

This article presents a very good point and although the violence and character expressions during death don't turn me off of the book they are a good shock reminder that anything can and will happen in the Invincibleverse and that most if not all consequences are lasting and not being deemed null the next week or so with a resurrection or a "wait this is what REALLY happened" issue, *cough* Marvel & DC *cough*

Another thing, I have Volume 2 of Invincible, "Eight is Enough", and there isn't a fight between Mark and his dad. I think that is really in the next Issue

ALL this being said, Go Invincible and Go Kirkman!

-Vigil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By -Vigil-
    @nasar7: Both. I really don't need to see a character's innards to feel that the danger is real, and I find it very distasteful when someone is ripped apart like that. It kinda haunts me, actually. It's different when it doesn't happen to a living character. For instance, the corpses in the TV show Bones don't get to me like that (they're still gross though). :)

By the way, the gore looks even more cartoonic and over-the-top the first time you see it in the early issues of Invincible.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#86  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Caligula said:
    "then don't read it. go read fraggle rock. "
    There's nothing wrong with Fraggle Rock, I'll have you know! ;)
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By InnerVenom123

No Caption Provided

@xerox-kitty said:

" @Caligula said:

There's nothing wrong with Fraggle Rock, I'll have you know! ;) "
    Uh.. he said that. :P

@Caligula

said:

" @BlueStarr86: P.S. the Fraggle Rock comics are actually quite good.  "

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Caligula
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Caligula said:
    fraggle rock is a fine book.

I was just making a point :D, that there are plenty of comics you can read that are less graphic.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Violence in comics doesn't really shock me anymore. The Punisher War zone movie did surprise me though.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Jake Fury said:
    " Violence in comics doesn't really shock me anymore. The Punisher War zone movie did surprise me though. "
    That movie was so, so satisfying. :)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

It definitely did the Punisher character true justice.
    BlueStarr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By BlueStarr86
    @Vitality said:
    " @BlueStarr86 said:
    Invincible has been going since 2003, that's not exactly a short period of time. I think it is because of the sheer volume of gore in it. To make things worse, this isn't even a very good representation of what happens with Superman level people square off, and here's why: whenever one thing hits another (I mean anything, bullets, jello, people, whatever) both objects take the impact of that hit. This means that if you punch someone hard enough to break their bones, it will break your bones back. A good example is when Mark was headbutting Conquest, his head should have been just as smashed as Conquests' head was. Physics state that when there is an action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. "
    Run and smash your face into a concrete wall......tell me if the concrete wall takes as much damage as your face. "
    My face is squishier than the concrete wall, now if I were to just take some bricks, I could totally smash those with my face....you know, depending on the type of brick, how many of them there are, and if I had actually been trained in something as impractical as breaking bricks with my face. People -can- put their limbs, including faces, through concrete, it does damage them, but most of it you won't see, because they have been practicing it, and doing that causes the bones they are using to smash these objects with to become more dense, ergo tougher.

Fists are one of the better parts of human anatomy for hitting things with, in that there isn't anything truly vital in them unlike the rest of the body. When you punch something hard enough it causes micro-fractures in your bones, your body fixes this by  rebuilding the surface of it, not by taking the parts that are already there and putting them back in place, no it puts more material there. This means that your bones suddenly have more mass, which leads to harder punches (because of weight), and generally tougher bones (because of materials). 

The entire point of this is: earlier in the comic where Mark headbutts Conquest, Mark breaks his hand punching Conquest in the face..... this basically means that Mark should be utterly incapable of hurting conquest with his head, at least without incurring serious injury to himself as well. Far more serious than "My face is broken." a more accurate level of damage would be "Oh god, I can see my brains." especially since Mark has done nothing to improve the hardness of his face/head, aside from take punches there, and he really doesn't take that many punches to the face/head in relation to what he dishes out with his fists.
    BlueStarr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By BlueStarr86
    @Caligula said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Caligula said:
    fraggle rock is a fine book.I was just making a point :D, that there are plenty of comics you can read that are less graphic. "
    I'll be honest, I'm more of a Marvel Adventures: The Avengers, Power Girl (until they switched teams), Tiny Titans, and Thor: The Mighty Avenger type. Naturally, everything I truly like -must- be cancelled, while I'm enjoying it.... I'm not sure why this is, it has left me more than a little bitter.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Caligula
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " @Caligula said:
    fraggle rock is a fine book.I was just making a point :D, that there are plenty of comics you can read that are less graphic. "
    I'll be honest, I'm more of a Marvel Adventures: The Avengers, Power Girl (until they switched teams), Tiny Titans, and Thor: The Mighty Avenger type. Naturally, everything I truly like -must- be cancelled, while I'm enjoying it.... I'm not sure why this is, it has left me more than a little bitter. "
    I know the pain of good comics being canceled. cue Unknown Soldier.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Vitality
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    "

@Vitality said:
    "

@BlueStarr86 said:

Run and smash your face into a concrete wall......tell me if the concrete wall takes as much damage as your face.

"
    My face is squishier than the concrete wall, now if I were to just take some bricks, I could totally smash those with my face....you know, depending on the type of brick, how many of them there are, and if I had actually been trained in something as impractical as breaking bricks with my face. People -can- put their limbs, including faces, through concrete, it does damage them, but most of it you won't see, because they have been practicing it, and doing that causes the bones they are using to smash these objects with to become more dense, ergo tougher. Fists are one of the better parts of human anatomy for hitting things with, in that there isn't anything truly vital in them unlike the rest of the body. When you punch something hard enough it causes micro-fractures in your bones, your body fixes this by  rebuilding the surface of it, not by taking the parts that are already there and putting them back in place, no it puts more material there. This means that your bones suddenly have more mass, which leads to harder punches (because of weight), and generally tougher bones (because of materials).  The entire point of this is: earlier in the comic where Mark headbutts Conquest, Mark breaks his hand punching Conquest in the face..... this basically means that Mark should be utterly incapable of hurting conquest with his head, at least without incurring serious injury to himself as well. Far more serious than "My face is broken." a more accurate level of damage would be "Oh god, I can see my brains." especially since Mark has done nothing to improve the hardness of his face/head, aside from take punches there, and he really doesn't take that many punches to the face/head in relation to what he dishes out with his fists.

"

You're wrong.

Conquest broke Invincible's hand. He grabbed it and crushed it.

Also...in that same issue...it clearly shows two different levels of Marks power.

Anyways...my point is that you're wrong.

Avatar image for superboyrocks13
    superboyrocks13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#96  Edited By superboyrocks13

i actchly like all the blood an gore in invincible  i think its cool i liked the invicilble war and stuff :D (i like blood and gore so glad my  mom lets me play mortal combat and mad world)
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Primmaster64

If gore is showed..why not nudity too?

BlueStarr86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By BlueStarr86
    @Vitality said:

You're wrong.

Also...in that same issue...it clearly shows two different levels of Marks power.

"
    I was wrong, in that Mark didn't break his other arm punching Conquest in the face, he did it punching off Conquest's cyborg arm. I'm curious as to what that thing is made out of, it was doing fine up until that point. Behold:
    No Caption Provided
    Even so, I'm still not entirely sure how these guys manage to get so much blood from each other, to be that strong they (by the laws of physics) have to be roughly tough enough to take that kind of damage without breaking. With the defenses shown in this series, their ligaments would explode the moment one of them tried to scratch their ass.

Also: what's with your typing style? You have it double-spaced and then you added additional space between each sentence. That's kinda weird.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Primmaster64

I don't have a problem with gore, sure it sometimes does get a little blegh...but I tolerate it...my problem is...If you show that much gore....what's the problem with nudity?

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Vitality
    @BlueStarr86 said:
    "

@Vitality said:

You're wrong.

"
    I was wrong, in that Mark didn't break his other arm punching Conquest in the face, he did it punching off Conquest's cyborg arm. I'm curious as to what that thing is made out of, it was doing fine up until that point. Behold:

No Caption Provided

Even so, I'm still not entirely sure how these guys manage to get so much blood from each other, to be that strong they (by the laws of physics) have to be roughly tough enough to take that kind of damage without breaking. With the defenses shown in this series, their ligaments would explode the moment one of them tried to scratch their ass.Also: what's with your typing style? You have it double-spaced and then you added additional space between each sentence. That's kinda weird.

"

I have every Invincible issue...no need to post screens...I'll know what you think you're talking about.

You also said it was his hand.

His robotic arm was never tested during the fight up till that point. It had never taken a direct blow up until that point. Also...that's right when Mark loses it and goes all out.

As far as my typing style...I have no idea...I only put one space in between each line...not sure why it shows up the way it does.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.