Follow

Invincible

Character » Invincible appears in 444 issues.

Girls, acne, homework and supervillains. When you're a teenager it pays to be - Invincible. Mark Grayson is the hero Invincible, whom is a Viltrumite/Human hybrid. Mark is one of the greatest heroes on Earth and is the son of Omni-Man. The new emperor of the Viltrum empire is a true hero to the very end.

Is he like...

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Primmaster64

Image's Superboy equivalent?

superboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By superboy12

No he could prob kill Superboy in a second
    ~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ~The Wanderer~
    @superboy12 said:
    " No he could prob kill Superboy in a second "
    What does that have to do with anything?
    But yes, it's possible to see it that way.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Primmaster64:  Yes and no, Omni-Man basically became the Superman of his world until the confrontation with Mark revealed him as a Vitrumite conquering agent. That said, with Omni-Man gone he's more functionally the superman of his world.
    passionfruits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By passionfruits

It is so hard to compare him to superboy. I mean superboy or superman would never choke someone to death. Or beat someone until they were covered in someone's blood.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @superboy12 said:
    No he couldn't
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primmaster64
    @passionfruits: They could but choose not too.

@Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @superboy12 said:
    No he couldn't "

true. he can't beat Superboy.
    superboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By superboy12
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @passionfruits: They could but choose not too.

@Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @superboy12 said:
    No he couldn't "
    true. he can't beat Superboy. "

No Invincible could tottaly beat him cause the more he pushes his body the stronger his powers get. Invincible would whip superboy in a second cause he's faster and WAY stronger.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primmaster64

I don't think so man...but Mark way cooler.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @superboy12: You mind backing your words up?
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian
    @superboy12 said:
    Umm...no.

He is not really their Superboy though. I would consider him more of a Spider-Man than a Superboy.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Nobody said:
    " @superboy12 said:
    Umm...no.  He is not really their Superboy though. I would consider him more of a Spider-Man than a Superboy. "
    Me too 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Primmaster64

Na I think of him as Superboy.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14  Edited By The_Martian
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " Na I think of him as Superboy. "
    Maybe powerwise he is closer to Superboy or Superman. But story/personality, I see him more as Spider-Man.
    superboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By superboy12
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @superboy12: You mind backing your words up? "

Look at invincible's page it says if he presses his powers futhur then they increase. He lifted 400 tons at the beginning of the series and he's gotten way stronger since then. Kryptonians average strength under a yellow sun I believe is roughly 100 tons. So Invincible wins there. Also you have to remember Superboy's body uses up the solar energy in his body so he cant always be at his full power. If you dont believe look at what happened to him in Infinite Crisis during his first  with superboy prime
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @superboy12 said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    Look at invincible's page it says if he presses his powers futhur then they increase. He lifted 400 tons at the beginning of the series and he's gotten way stronger since then. Kryptonians average strength under a yellow sun I believe is roughly 100 tons. So Invincible wins there. Also you have to remember Superboy's body uses up the solar energy in his body so he cant always be at his full power. If you dont believe look at what happened to him in Infinite Crisis during his first  with superboy prime "
    ...................... Ok first off Kryptonians are more like 100 billion tons strength class Conner has the strength to move the Moon and the Speed to go way faster than light not to mention having all the Kryptonian powers and powerful Telekinesis. And did you even read Infinity Crisis? Superboy did well against a character that thoroughly raped all of DC Earth by himself . Superboy Prime Took the whole GL Corps The Flashes and Two Supermen to final stop him 
    superboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By superboy12
    @Son_of_Magnus said:
    " @superboy12 said:
    " @Son_of_Magnus said:
    Look at invincible's page it says if he presses his powers futhur then they increase. He lifted 400 tons at the beginning of the series and he's gotten way stronger since then. Kryptonians average strength under a yellow sun I believe is roughly 100 tons. So Invincible wins there. Also you have to remember Superboy's body uses up the solar energy in his body so he cant always be at his full power. If you dont believe look at what happened to him in Infinite Crisis during his first  with superboy prime "
    ...................... Ok first off Kryptonians are more like 100 billion tons strength class Conner has the strength to move the Moon and the Speed to go way faster than light not to mention having all the Kryptonian powers and powerful Telekinesis. And did you even read Infinity Crisis? Superboy did well against a character that thoroughly raped all of DC Earth by himself . Superboy Prime Took the whole GL Corps The Flashes and Two Supermen to final stop him  "

Ya but there's a HUGE strength differnce between Superboy and Superboy prime because Superboy Prime is on Par with Silver age Superman who is way stronger then Superman. Also Superboy isnt full Kryptonian and as I said his body uses the solar energy to fast and after his battle with superboy Prime his body started falling appart because of that! 
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By RedK
    @superboy12:  thats because Superboy hasn't had his Kryptonian powers that long so his body isn't use to using up that much enery that fast. Superboy could grab Mark use his TK and stop his heart, Invincible can't beat Superboy
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By skaarason
    @superboy12 said:

" @Primmaster64 said:

" @passionfruits: They could but choose not too.

@Son_of_Magnus

said:
    " @superboy12 said:
    No he couldn't "
    true. he can't beat Superboy. "
    No Invincible could tottaly beat him cause the more he pushes his body the stronger his powers get. Invincible would whip superboy in a second cause he's faster and WAY stronger. "
    he would totally take conner 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Nobody: So a combination of the both.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#21  Edited By cbishop
    @Primmaster64 said:

"Image's Superboy equivalent? "

I'm skipping the 144 posts before mine.  He's basically Robert Kirkman's Superboy, yes, if DC had generational continuity.  Omni-Man was Superman and Mark is Son of Superman.  The Viltrumites are Kryptonians.  The twist is that the Viltrumites aren't peace-loving, and still exist in the universe (their planet didn't explode, in other words).  There are many surface differences between Superboy and Invincible, but they basically boil down to Kirkman being more willing to show things that DC is not going to show.  Kirkman's story acknowledges that if two superguys go toe to toe, there's going to be blood and destruction and maybe death.  It happens.  DC and Marvel are never going to show that the way other companies do, because they are as much or more concerned about their marketing as they are the stories in the comics.  Superman wouldn't look like a hero if he was covered in badguy blood all the time.  He'd look like a conqueror, and people would be afraid of him.  DC wants characters that people look at as good examples for their kids to be reading.  Kirkman's telling a more realistic superhero story (as realistic as that kind of fiction can be).  Everything about this story says that Invincible is Kirkman's Superboy, on his way to being Superman.  The only thing that makes him remotely like Spider-Man is that he has more of a full personality - that is, a full range of emotions, and real world problems on top of his superhero problems (family, relationships, paying for stuff, etc.). 

So a more concise answer to your question would be "Yes, but better." ;)
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Primmaster64
    @cbishop: lol okay!
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Valtot

invincible at his current level would tear conner apart
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Primmaster64

Not really.

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vitality
    @cbishop said:
    "@Primmaster64 said:

"Image's Superboy equivalent? "

I'm skipping the 144 posts before mine.  He's basically Robert Kirkman's Superboy, yes, if DC had generational continuity.  Omni-Man was Superman and Mark is Son of Superman.  The Viltrumites are Kryptonians.  The twist is that the Viltrumites aren't peace-loving, and still exist in the universe (their planet didn't explode, in other words).  There are many surface differences between Superboy and Invincible, but they basically boil down to Kirkman being more willing to show things that DC is not going to show.  Kirkman's story acknowledges that if two superguys go toe to toe, there's going to be blood and destruction and maybe death.  It happens.  DC and Marvel are never going to show that the way other companies do, because they are as much or more concerned about their marketing as they are the stories in the comics.  Superman wouldn't look like a hero if he was covered in badguy blood all the time.  He'd look like a conqueror, and people would be afraid of him.  DC wants characters that people look at as good examples for their kids to be reading.  Kirkman's telling a more realistic superhero story (as realistic as that kind of fiction can be).  Everything about this story says that Invincible is Kirkman's Superboy, on his way to being Superman.  The only thing that makes him remotely like Spider-Man is that he has more of a full personality - that is, a full range of emotions, and real world problems on top of his superhero problems (family, relationships, paying for stuff, etc.).  So a more concise answer to your question would be "Yes, but better." ;) "

Good f#@%ing answer.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @cbishop: Nice post :) 

And as far as I can tell, Kryptonians are a LOT more durable than Viltrumites, so Superboy would beat Invincible on that fact alone.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cbishop
    @Vitality said:
    "Good f#@%ing answer. "

Thank you. 

@-Eclipse- said:
    " @cbishop: Nice post :)  And as far as I can tell, Kryptonians are a LOT more durable than Viltrumites, so Superboy would beat Invincible on that fact alone. "

Thank you, also, but I don't know about the "more durable than Viltrumites" comment.  I think that has more to do with DC not showing mass amounts of blood, so when a Kryptonian gets knocked around, their clothing might be in tatters, and there will be some crosshatched bruises, but no more than a trickle of blood here and there.  Kirkman's more willing to show the blood of battle, but c'mon, when the V'Empire wants a planet, they send ONE Viltrumite to take it.  They've got to be pretty durable to be able to do that.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @cbishop: That is true, but yeah, I was kinda basing my comment on not really seeing Kryptonians bleed or get wounded without Kryptonite being involved. 

Although, does Doomsday have some sort of kryptonite powers? Cause he did THIS to Superman, after all...

No Caption Provided
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cbishop
    @-Eclipse-: No Kryptonite - Doomsday just had to be a tough son of a gun to take down Supes.  ...<sigh> I cannot help disliking this story.  The Death of Superman should have been delivered by Luthor or Bizarro, IMO, not some newcomer.  But meh, it's done now.
    -Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @cbishop: I was never really a Superman fan and wasn't reading comics (actually, I may not have been born, I don't know when DoS came out xD) at the time, so I wasn't bothered :P 

Still, if someone can do that to Supes sans Kryptonite, I guess it's possible that Viltrumites could stand up to Kryptonians. Though Supes does have a few extra powers on his side.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#31  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Boys your geting of topic, if you want a Superboy Vs Invincible take it to the battle forum.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cbishop
    @-Eclipse-: True enough. 

@spiderbat87: True enough.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Nighthunter
    @cbishop said:
    " @-Eclipse-: No Kryptonite - Doomsday just had to be a tough son of a gun to take down Supes.  ...<sigh> I cannot help disliking this story.  The Death of Superman should have been delivered by Luthor or Bizarro, IMO, not some newcomer.  But meh, it's done now. "
    actually I disagree. Had Luthor been the one that killed Superman then there is not much to do with him after that. If you lose or win you still lose credibility or fans become enraged of you being too powerful an opponent for anyone.

That's what happened to Doosmday. Once you kill superman you can't go any way higer. So you can only go down
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cbishop
    @spiderbat87 said:
    "Boys your geting of topic, if you want a Superboy Vs Invincible take it to the battle forum. "

@Nighthunter said:
    "actually I disagree. Had Luthor been the one that killed Superman then there is not much to do with him after that. If you lose or win you still lose credibility or fans become enraged of you being too powerful an opponent for anyone.  That's what happened to Doosmday. Once you kill superman you can't go any way higer. So you can only go down"

This is the last I'm saying on this, because Spiderbat has suggested (altho' I chaff a bit at "boys") we stay on topic. 

I agree with you that killing Superman would end Luthor or Bizarro's usability as much as it did Doomsday's, but in a perfect world, when the villain kills Superman... SUPERMAN... Superman stays dead, and the story ends... and much like Doomsday, the villain dies with him.  Personally, like many fans who read it back in the 1980's, I hold Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? up as the true Death of Superman.  Not because it's Alan Moore, but because it's epic.  It involves the final fates of most of the characters associated with Superman, as well as Superman himself, with a literal wink at the end, to all of the readers.  Pretty much, that's the way it should be for a character like Superman: a be all, end all epic with just about every major character to ever cross his path, THE END. ;)
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Primmaster64

I hate, I HATE,HATE,HATE,HATE Lex Luthor, give more light to Superman's other villains.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By -Eclipse-

POWERPLEX DEMANDS THAT YOU ALL GET BACK ON TOPIC! >.
    POWERPLEX DEMANDS THAT YOU ALL GET BACK ON TOPIC! >.
    Avatar image for superboyrocks13
    superboyrocks13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By superboyrocks13
    @-Eclipse-:
    lol powerplex is anoying :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.