Invincible and Atom Eve (SPOILER)

#1 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

If you saw the issues of Invincible after Mark returned to Earth, you know that his reunion with Atom Eve wasn't happy. 
When we see her, she looks horrible, then we learn that she

Do you think the authors are planning to prepare us for the inevitable breakup?
#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
Not after how he accepted how she did it. 
Took a real man to realize that he was to blame as well since he just left her. Thought it was one of the most epic moments in his history. 
I can see it causing them some sadness for a bit...but the writers clearly showed that Mark accepted what she did and took full responsibility. 

To be blunt having Mark now rage about this would make a complete a** out of his character.
#3 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz
how about the fact they don't look comfortable with each other anymore? And even Dupli-Kate thinks they are going to break up?
#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
Just looked over the last issue and at the end they seemed to finally discuss what was making them uncomfortable.  

Kate is not appraised of the entire situation and doesn't know what is taking place in that conversation. 
When a couple goes through something like that its what builds them up and brings them closer together. 
#5 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz

When a couple goes through something like that its what builds them up and brings them closer together

Sometimes. And sometimes just the opposite.
#6 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
@Kallarkz

When a couple goes through something like that its what builds them up and brings them closer together

Sometimes. And sometimes just the opposite.
True. 
But in this instance it would appear that this would be the times that it does. Embracing each other and having each other accept that they are both to blame. And then theres the fact that after it all Mark tells her he loves her still. Not what I would call the scene for a break up.
While Mark and Eve may in fact break up for some reason or another in the future I highly doubt this will be the catalyst or what we have seen so far could lead to a break up. 
#7 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see what happens...Mark might leave his Superhero identity to be with Eve.

#8 Posted by Aeroman (495 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't break up i understand that they had and hopefully that will make their relationship a lot tougher and that they can survive through anything

#9 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

Read this last issue that came out. Very nice. 

lol epic

#10 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:

lol epic
yea thought that was really good
#11 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz said:

lol epic
 shoutout to the new DC reboot. Nice...
#12 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1057 posts) - - Show Bio
I can't say I never suspected the result to be exactly that, in fact, it's what I was hoping. I don't want to see Invincible or Atom Eve parents yet, and I feel that that might have ruined the series. But, honestly, I was relieved and even happier that they could be taking a mild approach at reiterating new stories. Now that the remaining Viltrumites are living amongst them, things could get a lot more hectic.
#13 Posted by Hyperlight (6628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kallarkz: im kind of nitpicking but i dont think it was totally his fault. she knows he is a hero and hes gonna be gone for long periods of time. and plus it put more stress on her when she didnt tell him. 

but i agree i knew he was gonna be cool with it
#14 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
@Kallarkz said:

lol epic
I'm pretty sure that issue came out a couple of months before that announcement.
#15 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roldan: No it came out i think about a week or so after their were rumours of an entire re-boot
#16 Posted by Kallarkz (3295 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roldan said:
@RedK said:
@Kallarkz said:

lol epic
I'm pretty sure that issue came out a couple of months before that announcement.
Nope

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.