I'm a Member of Guardians of the Globe

Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio
Day after day after day after day after day we've seen new members of Avengers Academy, some of which look cool, and others of which look lame. Thankfully, Image has a sense of humor about this and presents to all of us Guardians of the Globe! Here we have what looks like to be Invincible in his old costume saying "I've never been much of a team player." Invincible is one of those books I never got to read, but it's on the top of my "to-do list." Robert Kirkman's writing is a lot of fun.    
So what are Guardians of the Globe? I'm assuming it's a team of heroes from that Image universe, sans any sort of academy, or anyone "wanting respect, but not needing your pity." Anyway, it's nice to see a new book poking fun at the new Marvel ads which had been in our faces for a few weeks now.

What do you think this book will be about? Will you pick it up?
Staff
#1 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this image just made my day ... in a bad day, maybe Invincible should join the Avengers.

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha! I love it.

#3 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

I can only think of Guardians of the Galaxy. lol  Funny ad though. I like this more than the Marvel ones.

#4 Posted by DaMan (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely reading this.

#5 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

The font, Everything's the same!

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

On another note, is Invincible going back to his old costume?

#7 Posted by mimschkin (626 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?! When will this stop? I don't even read any of these books. And I don't want to purely because they keep shoving it down our throats.

#8 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

For reference, Guardians of the Globe is basically Kirkman's response to the Justice League/Avengers, basically they're the major league team in his universe/Image's universe. Omni-Man, Invincible's father used to be a member, I'm sure they made their first appearance early on in the pages of Invincible. Invincible was never made a member, I don't think, but he's worked with them a few times.

If they got their own title, that'd be sweet. Now that I think about it, a Teen Team title wouldn't be all that bad, either.

#9 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy: That's what I figured but could be for sure because I never read the book. HOWEVER, I'm currently online trying to find a copy of the first collected volume.
Staff
#10 Posted by Sir Duke (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Guardians of the Globe isn't so much Image's all star team as it is a JLA/Avengers analogue in Kirkman's own universe (which is distinct even with it's frequent crossovers.)  I've been waiting forever for them to get their own series, any book that has more Robot and Monster Girl is a 5/5 to me.  They've been supporting characters since the very beginning, its great that they're finally getting the attention they deserve.  Also, thank God for Kirkman bringing back Invincible's old costume, so much better than the new one.  Maybe we'll see Wolfman in this new series too, could be cool.

#11 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Blue and Black costume not so much with the old one.

#12 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio
@mimschkin said:
"Why?! When will this stop? I don't even read any of these books. And I don't want to purely because they keep shoving it down our throats. "

I guess you didn't catch the sarcasim
#13 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading Invincible for a while but kinda stopped. Nothing to do with the book I just never continued. This is definitely a book many should check out.  
#14 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, it had to be Image to pull this off!
#15 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha.......this is awesome.

#16 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, I love it! Take that Marvel, with your stupid reveals everyday and even stupider one-liner quotes that are supposed to sum up a character no one cares about yet.  
So great. Major respect points for Image. I love Invincible btw, but I have some catching up to do. Haven't read anything with the new suit in it yet.
#17 Posted by Ms. Omega (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHA I love this

#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#19 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

The subtitle to this article made me LOL.

#20 Posted by skaarason (683 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2771 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Guadians of The Globe gonna be a new comic or is it gonna be in Invicible?  Invincible is easily the best comic on the market.

#23 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Invincible!

#24 Posted by danhimself (22550 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" On another note, is Invincible going back to his old costume? "
after the Viltrumite War he'll be going back to his old costume
#25 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible is alright, I have only read about 10 issues though.

#26 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: I'm glad someone noticed that!
Staff
#27 Posted by Knox (474 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so cool! Maybe it's gonna be a crossover with the Avengers Academy

#28 Posted by Dro (941 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @iLLituracy: That's what I figured but could be for sure because I never read the book. HOWEVER, I'm currently online trying to find a copy of the first collected volume. "
I have a copy of it. Signed.
#29 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dro said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @iLLituracy: That's what I figured but could be for sure because I never read the book. HOWEVER, I'm currently online trying to find a copy of the first collected volume. "
I have a copy of it. Signed. "
You lucky son of a Bitch
#30 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha, nice one Image. I need to read the issues that I've been missing of Invincible. Is he really going back to his old costume? Guess it would make a bit of sense, the one he wore for Conquest probably gave him some damn bad memories.

#31 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4806 posts) - - Show Bio

NICE

#32 Posted by Black Saturn (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!

#33 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

this is awesome.

#34 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone should do this with Watchmen,haha

#35 Posted by danhimself (22550 posts) - - Show Bio

The newest teaser
#36 Posted by Zerosub33 (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  that is hilarious
#37 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: ....You did not.... 

xD
#39 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDrifter: 
lol. i know...but someone had to finally say it. dont tell me that it never once crossed 
Todd and Robs minds, you know?
#40 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the artist of this image?

#41 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to rock so hard!
#42 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

@ inferiorego:
 How the hell do you not know who the GOTG are? I didnt think there was a single hardcore comic reader NOTreading Invincible after the Spiderman team up. wow. this is upsetting...

#43 Edited by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:  A few weeks ago in the Image Website they where advertising that he was gonna get the old costume back

But this looks interesting! Ill try to pick it up in the near future!
#44 Posted by unbreakableburr (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, haters gonna hate. 

#45 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey and Invincible should have another team up!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.