Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Volume »

Focused on the aftermath of Metropolis' Nuclear annhilation at the hands of the Joker, this comic includes the battles between the DC Universes greatest characters.

What do we want to see in Injustice GAU 2?

TheAristocrats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What do we want to see in Injustice GAU 2? (2 votes)

Everything I mention here 50%
    More characters (explain) 0%
    Something else (explain) 0%
    Cheese 50%

I thought Injustice 1 was frustrating due to being great but not living up to its potential, so here's a few thoughts. First of all, expand the Star Lab minigames into full story arcs of linked encounters for each character. Even without voice acting in the cut scenes, you can use them to give solo content for each of the playable characters as a real story arc, rather than the 2D scrolling business with shooting rolling barrels and making a cat jump over beams like an odd Super Mario-tribute.

I felt those minigames didn't match with the rest of the main story in tone, which would have been good.

Also give characters more special moves and more than one trademark move -- maybe for each character have one Personal trademark attack that they commit bodily or with a weapon, and then another Environmental trademark which alters depending on which fight Background location you are using, so for example Batman could have a swooping batplane which he throws you up in the path of, but this only happens on rooftop outdoor Backgrounds. In street-level outdoor Backgrounds he does the same thing with the batmobile. In Gotham indoor backgrounds he cracks a smoke pellet, surrounding you with mist, and then makes a bunch of flying attacks from nowhere, while in Metro indoor backgrounds he uses a grappel gun on you somehow, and in Thermyscira/other wild locations he pulls out a sonic-device and summons a big flock of bats which swarm the hell out of you, before he swoops in and floors you, etc.

Re: characters: I would try to prioritize first character choices that are strong/good fighters in the comics, making them logical choices for a beat 'em up game, and second of all those with interesting potential powers and abilities in terms of moves FX and animations.

As such, for Bat-villains: enough with Joker! He's everywhere, why not give him and Harley a DLC instead? Personally I wouldn't mind having to pay if I really wanted the character that bad, and indeed with his popularity would it make more sense to include him in the base roster or as a subsequent DLC?

Instead, Bat has loads of lesser known fighter enemies so I'd really like to see: Amygdala

Silver Monkey

KGBeast (and maybe NKVDemon)

Abbatoir

Prometheus

Bronze Tiger

King Snake (that's BANE'S DAD: a blind martial artist, kind of like the bad guy from Karate Kid 1)

Victor Zsasz

Onometopia

Hush

Court of Owl assassin(s)

Brother Eye, incarnate (an AI built by Batman with robot avatars, has a mission arc in DCUO, would be a good non-humanoid fighter)

The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh

Great White

Man-Bat

Black Mask (he is good with blades)

Roxxy Rocket (it's in the name)

Harvey Two-Face (he can hold his own as an MMA brawler, he was once taught MA by Batman when he briefly reformed, and it would also be cool to see what asymmetrical/dual-tone armour-costumes they design for him, besides the suit and tie).

And Catwoman too, of course. Maybe Wildcat and the Holly Robinson Catwoman as well.

For Superman villain characters, I'd like to see: Ultra-Humanite

Metallo

Silver Banshee

Neutron

Atomic Skull

Cyborg-Superman

Mercy Graves

And Lex being bad again.

For Flash rogues: Mirror Master (could have very interesting special move FX, given his abilities)

Double Down (could have insanely fun moves, given his powers)

Trickster

Weather Wizard

Captain Boomerang

And Scorcher

I'm not in a hurry to see Captain Cold, TBH.

For Wonder Woman: Ares was a good character

Circe

Cheetah

Paper Man

And THEM!

For other characters: as wellas the Bat-family regulars, give us Orpheus (dead Bat-family vigilante from early '90s), Baphomet (from Widening Gyre), Azrael, Wildcat, Holly Robinson Catwoman.

Also Prometheus, Vandal Savage, Mongul, Cheshire, Ragdoll, Knockout and the rest of the Gail Simone Suicide Squad. And Killer Frost.

And a Brotherhood of Dada DLC.

Anyone who looked through the Concept Art gallery in Bonus Features saw some amazing stuff there, right? Extremely varied designs, from classic to armoured to steampunky to dayglo. I especially liked the gold-breastplated Batman, the shiny metallic crimson Flash with actual flames licking off him, the jester Harleys and the great-coated Joker with the pinstripe pants. Very cool.

Here's what I'd like for Injustice 2: make all the unused concept art character designs into unlockable skins. MAKE ALL THE UNUSED CONCEPT ART CHARACTER DESIGNS INTO UNLOCKABLE SKINS.

Possibly with customizable textures and colour patterning, too.

That is all.

Thoughts?

• 
    Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

And a Brotherhood of Dada DLC.

No Caption Provided

I would want some more Legion of Doom, first and foremost. The Arkhamverse Scarecrow, Black Manta, Captain Cold (able to summon in the other Rogues for assists the same way Ollie could switch out his arrows in the first game), Cheetah, etc...

Black Canary's someone I'd say is a given if this sequel ever happens. And that'd be cool by me!

Atrocitus and Etrigan - PERFECT for a NR Studios game, and would potentially have a more interesting moveset than Doomsday and Bane did, tbh.

John Constantine, for the heroes side; and Enchantress, for the villains side - Enchantress style-switching from innocent mage June to the frightening Enchantress personality would make for a great dynamic.

Vandal Savage - Brawler supreme. Check out his New 52 fights with Pandora and salivate over that combat speed and the brutal hits he lands with just his bare fists!

Major Disaster or Ragdoll and Booster Gold or Plastic Man - Comic relief characters! C'mon, MK has Johnny Cage, IJ needs a genuine oddity with a cocky attitude. I've stated before how Major Disaster would make for a unique character inclusion. His movesets could all be "accidental" attacks on the opponent. Causing meteors to crash around him, the earth to quake, the opponent to fall into his fist, etc... I just want Ragdoll for a quality voice acting track, tbh. His quotes could be wonderful. :)

The Shade - This game needs a gentleman. And no gentleman is more worthy of KOing the DC universe than Mr. Richard Swift.

I think an overall retooling of the roster would be great to see, but I doubt NR or DC/WB would be willing to sub out some of the namesakes from the last game like Supes, Lex, GA and Shazam!, despite their demise/incapacitation. So some weird excuse would shoehorn them back in. Scarecrow as the big Bats adversary instead of Joker + Harley would be cool too; but again, my cynicism tells me the execs and fanbase would dictate otherwise. :/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.