sinestro_gl's Injustice: Gods Among Us #36 - Chapter 36 review

End Year One.

***Review may contain spoilers. BE WARNED!

AND so the first year of Tom Taylor's 'Injustice Gods Amongst Us' comes to a conclusion with the highly anticipated final confrontation between soon-to-be Emperor Superman, and Batman.

Relief

I have to say, at first I was rather reserved about how Taylor would write this issue, as I was dreading reading a Batman: The Dark Knight Returns type finale...again. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how the showdown went - in the process, refuting my two presented theories as to how it would go. (I don't want to reveal any spoilers, so I'll refrain from presenting what I thought was going to happen, in case you may have similar thoughts).

Still Some Ongoing Nags

A major concern for several reasons is the continued mis-characterization of several characters, such as Hal Jordan and wonder Woman. Though this isn't a huge problem in this issue, you would have thought that Superman may have concluded this issue a tad differently considering the exchange of words with Bruce...although I guess that this is technically a sort of Elseworlds story, so drastic changes should be taken with a grain of salt.

Overall

Normally, I would make a quick note about the art, but with this series, the art has mostly been solidly done by Mike Miller. To summarize, I have been highly pleased with this series - the first digital-first series I have delved onto, and am looking forward to the next season of this series in January...after all, there are still 4 years to catch up on!

4.5/5