k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The Good

Batman makes his stand against Superman, refusing to let him move the crazed residents of Arkham Asylum to a new facility under the Man of Steel's control. To make matters even more dire, Damian has turned his back on his father, deciding to instead side with Clark in this conflict. A tense standoff for sure, but surprisingly enough, that's not the highlight here. Instead, this issue is all about the good times in this crazy situation and the laughter it's sure to generate. From Calendar Man to Kenneth (man, I hope he has health insurance) to Killer Croc's remark, this issue was packed with lines that'll make you grin or even laugh out loud. As if there weren't enough lines in there to make you smirk, writer Tom Taylor also brings Green Arrow and Harley Quinn into the mix (the mustache may or may not make a return as well). Fear not, there's a funny reason why they had to leave the safety of his "arrow cave" and, I won't lie, seeing them return made me super excited. While their panel time is limited, it's still incredibly joyous.

While I've been digging the story thus far, a complaint this digital comic often receives is that the artwork's a mixed bag. I'll admit, sometimes it feels a tad rushed and lacks detail, but that isn't a problem in this case. Tom Derenick's art is fantastic and there's some truly excellent panels to be found in this one (the close up of a villain's eyes and Killer Croc's full panel are highlights for me). Nightwing looks a little too smug at one point, but aside from that, I have no major complaints whatsoever with the visuals -- great looking the entire time. Additionally, Alejandro Sanchez's coloring is thorough and bold, keeping Derenick's work dynamic. While Arkham Asylum usually feels grim, each character brings a unique contrast which manages to make the pages look solid.

The Bad

If you've played the game (which is likely at this point), then you probably know who's going to live and who won't. Knowing the outcome takes a bit away from the experience, though I have faith Taylor will certainly make matters interesting as we race towards the expected destination.

I'm sure it's easy to assume Superman could have Batman removed from the scene in an instant (courtesy of Flash or even himself), but given the circumstances, it's understandable to think they'd both still want to talk things over... to some degree, at least.

The Verdict

While I enjoyed Aquaman story, I felt like it like it was a step down from the events that came before it. One scene aside, the stakes didn't feel as gripping or engaging. This story, however, puts the comic back on track, placing a strong focus on the Batman/Superman agenda and surrounding it with legitimately exciting and fun interactions. With shockingly impressive artwork, sharp dialogue and a fine cliffhanger (even if we do likely know how it'll turn out), INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US #15 has me absolutely pumped to read #16 next Tuesday.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Liked the Issue

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman should have killed Damian.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

I also felt like the series took a dip a few issues back, and this issue proved Taylor's back on all pistons. Definitely one of the most enjoyable so far, and the villain wisecracks were fantastic.

And I'm serious, I want Taylor writing Harley full-time. Pronto.

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Loading Video...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Superman should have killed Damian.

Uh... why? Damian's on his side.

@akbogert said:

I also felt like the series took a dip a few issues back, and this issue proved Taylor's back on all pistons. Definitely one of the most enjoyable so far, and the villain wisecracks were fantastic.

And I say that's a seriously good idea.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@k4tzm4n:

Accidentally. I would have liked to see their reactions.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@akbogert said:

This.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman want's to protect the psychopaths that kill a lot of people in Gotham?! , pffffffffffffff, then i'm on team superman. Batman just want's his super villain friends caged up Arkham , so he can play with them some more :P .

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

yeah knowing who is going to die and knowing that at least one of them is going to die here soon makes me sad

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Mad Hatter in his normal clothes? And same thing with the Riddler. Aren't they supposed to be in a straitjacket? And why are some in Arkham uniforms? Ooops artist mistake I guess.......

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Destinyhero20

Why is it a bad thing to take the psychopaths to a better jail? Arkham isn't the best place for them

Now, I believe Batman should be lock up

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't agree with Batman on this one. These villains are obviously all beyond saving at this point. Superman sending them to a prison sounds reasonable.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As people seem not to understand (several have asked), to clarify:

Batman views these as mentally ill people more than he views them as criminals. Keep in mind that this is meant to be an asylum, not a prison -- a place for treatment and rehabilitation, not for containment. He sees them as redeemable.

Superman does not care whether they might, maybe, possibly, be redeemed; their crimes have cost them that luxury, and with no expectation that they will ever earn parole, they may as well be put in an institution that doesn't have a long track record of losing its inmates.

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Yeah. Why can't they compromise? Put them in high-security prisons with regular visits from psychologists.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By akbogert

@skulexander: Theoretically, they could. But narratively, this has to dovetail into a Superman dictatorship eventually.

Also Batman is kind of stubborn.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By lifeboy

Consider me sold on this comic! But I want the graphic novels for this since I'm 15 issues in the rear. Any idea if it will be in graphic novel form?

Nazab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah knowing who is going to die and knowing that at least one of them is going to die here soon makes me sad

That make us two :'(

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so far i can empathize with this supes,plus his actions are justified, bats is a total D, eager to see how supes reaches the state he is in the game. loving the story so far.TT shld write fro the New 52.

@lifeboy:im hoping for that too!,it'd be so cool to have this in trade!!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: Eventually, however it's worth noting that those 15 issues are all 99¢ weekly issues, and are released in print three-per-issue. So if this were a normal print book, you'd only be 5 issues down as of today, not 15.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Calendar Man looked so heartbroken. I actually felt sorry for him.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Nice!

Arthurized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arthurized

Yeah we need some innovations on those comics. Superman who kills is a good start off. I don't understand why are people so chocked. People even die in fairy tales, which are supposed to be aimed at a younger audience. So why not in DC. Wake up !

If Batman had killed the Joker, Superman wouldn't break down. In that plot, I just hate Batman and wanna take him out.

Projector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as the game is already out....and these are "prequel comics"....

I've kinda held off playing the story till this is finished.

Does anyone know if the Injustice digital comics have and end date? I know they are released weekly online and then like 3-5 digital make up a single print issue, but does anyone know when this will end?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Seeing as the game is already out....and these are "prequel comics"....

I've kinda held off playing the story till this is finished.

Does anyone know if the Injustice digital comics have and end date? I know they are released weekly online and then like 3-5 digital make up a single print issue, but does anyone know when this will end?

No, Tom Taylor has stated he would love to keep this going for as long as possible. And, seeing as it's dominating in sales, I imagine he'll be able to.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Tom Taylor-written monthly Harley Quinn solo. MAKE. IT. F***ING. SO.

Skulexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Yea. That happens a lot in stories. lol

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By noj

Ive been absolutely loving this comic so far. The only thing thats really ticked me off is the situation with Damian. I seriously doubt that Damian would ever side with Superman over his own father unless he had just met his father. The writers of this and the game dont seem to really get Damian beyond the key points that he is Batmans son and the Robin who occasionally kills. Dont even get me started in how they handled alternate universe Nightwing in the game! Ill avoid specifics for anyone who hasnt played but needless to say it ticked me off.

frochez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: @projector: I seem to remember that in the first issue it pretty strongly implied that the events of the game happen five years after the first issue started, I think there should be plenty of time to keep this little beauty going. Also, just because the comic reaches the point in the story where the game occurs, that doesn't mean it has to stop. There's a lot of fun to be had dealing with the ramifications of Injustice as well, so that could keep them going for a while.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman want's to protect the psychopaths that kill a lot of people in Gotham?! , pffffffffffffff, then i'm on team superman. Batman just want's his super villain friends caged up Arkham , so he can play with them some more :P .

Because like Batman said "It only takes one".

And the president said "You know don't you? you know what one man with that much power could do to the world".

"Power corrupts. Trust me. I know..."

Superman-- a god, with that much power on his side? Not ending well for anyone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.