Follow

Infinity

Story arc »

While the Avengers join forces with a cosmic armada to repel the Builders, Thanos takes advantage of their absence to lay siege to Earth.

Infinity storyline explanation

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JuliusTakalua

I started from Infinity 1 and followed all the issues with New Avengers and avengers....

But i have no clue what is going on. What is the incursion? Who are teh Builders? what happend in prelude to Infinity?

I'm missing all the points. It's vast and epic but I do not know how Thanos and the Builders fit into all this. It's a great storyline. It's epic. It's vast and something is going on but I just know what it is...

I'd like some explanations please lol.. Like why was it a big deal when Thor killed the Builder and who was that lady who was bent by reality to bring her back??? who was "Mother"? Who are teh Ex Nihila who wwere so powerful that they BENT possibilities?

So could any good viners explain the story from prelude to now?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By cameron83

1. How have you read all of the issues,but you don't know who the Builders are? They're basically the Engineers of the Universe and maybe even the first sentient race.

2.I am not completely sure about Thanos's ties with the Builders,though.

3. The lady you are probably talking about is Black Swan. She is in New Avengers (unless you are talking about someone else)

4. .....The Builders are the ones that are trying to destroy the Earth -_- and Thanos is trying to kill his son and find the last Infinity gem and such. He's the main one behind all of this (so I hear).

5. The big deal about Thor killing the Builder is that these guys are essentially Gods. The entire Galactic Council struggled to beat them and the Builders have the advantage in everything over them (Power,Numbers,Strategy/Tactics,etc). And take in mind,they were going there to "surrender" (the Builders,being too wise for that knew that they must've had some sort of ill intent,but they did not know what since they are not omnipotent) and they were going to broadcast this surrender to everyone in the galaxy that would try to resist as an example of their power (take in mind,the builders took control of countless other worlds,and recently it was Hala).However,Thor killed the Builder,and I think that it was broadcasted throughout the galaxy,so that kinda backfired....although that is just speculation on my part of me trying to link some pieces unless I read wrong. But more importantly (and actually confirmed in issue),it was to prove that they were not invincible and that they were beatable. My thoughts on why this is may be so is to spark hope in the rest of the galaxy.

6. The Ex Nihilis cannot bend reality (when did it say that?) However,they are so powerful because they are creations of the Builders and they were tasked with creating life on planets with the potential for it (or something akin to that).

Also,the reason the Builders are trying to destroy Earth in particular is because of all of the s*it that it's caused. I mean,recently they just f*cked up the timeline,they have links to the destructive phoenix force,creator of the threat known as Ultron,etc......basically,Earth is at the center of all of the problems (in every reality) and they recognize that fact and want to destroy earth because of its destructive toll on all of reality. For God's sakes I hate most humans myself,it only makes sense that they hate all humans lol

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Builders are the first sentient race in the universe.

Mother is Cap. Universe, the physical representation of the universe.

The Builders created the Alephs as judges to the work of the ex nihili. If they don't like it they destroy it.

The ex nihili create life, and are created by the builders I think.

An incursion is what happens when the earth of another realiry crashes into another earth. This is caused by humans screwing up the timestream/fabric of reality. This is why the builders are angry.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cameron83

@kcjr said:

The Builders are the first sentient race in the universe.

Mother is Cap. Universe, the physical representation of the universe.

The Builders created the Alephs as judges to the work of the ex nihili. If they don't like it they destroy it.

The ex nihili create life, and are created by the builders I think.

An incursion is what happens when the earth of another realiry crashes into another earth. This is caused by humans screwing up the timestream/fabric of reality. This is why the builders are angry.

Yeah.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cameron83: Thanos attacking Earth is just a huge coincidence. ..he has no ties to the Builders

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Thanos attacking Earth is just a huge coincidence. ..he has no ties to the Builders

Ok...so for the most part I was right lol

I also forgot to mention that Thanos is mainly attacking Earth since he sees this as a right opportunity since the Avengers (Earth's Mightiest Heroes) are offworld. So the Builders attack was probably convenient.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dabee

The builders are the first race to ever have life. Basically the "builders" of the universe. They are planning on attacking Earth, so the Avengers are offworld to fight them. Since the Avengers are offworld, Thanos is taking the opportunity to kill his son back on Earth and get the infinity gems.

So basically what everybody else said.

EDIT:And incursions are the Earth's of two realities colliding, due to the Avengers messing up the universe. (Thus pissing off the builders.)

So basically what everybody else said.

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love this storyline!!! Anything Hickman IM DOWN FOR!!! :)

gbarce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gbarce

I think they bit off more than they could chew with this one. Marvel seems to have a habit of doing that with their maxi-series. I think the only Maxi Series that Marvel did really well was Age of Apocalypse.

I think the comic books are being influenced too much by what the company has planned for the movies-- so they are having Thanos appear in so many of the books and in limited series. In general the quality of the stories are pretty mediocre.

Infinity is grand and epic in scale but these books don't tell the potential story well. The plot is waaaaay too scattered and the plot twists are too sensationalized and abrupt.

I feel bad that I already bought most of the issues--half way through I was already disappointed but I kept buying hoping that things develop better-- but they just keep getting worse. I am at the point that I already bought most of the issues anyway so I might as well complete it but I am really dissatisfied.

Marvel seems so shallow now.

Battle of the Atom is a bit better-- but even the whole X-Men group of comics is one big mess right now which is why I stopped collecting those titles.

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kcjr

@gbarce: I disagree, Infinity has been fantastic.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ToO_RaW

Infinity has been absolutely amazing! What he did to Black bolt in number 4 was just pure awesome. And Thanos' durability was put to the test.

but in Thanos Rising, Death and Thanos agreed to have a child, but only after Thanos killed all of his current offspring (which was like 400 or something LOL). In Infinity 4, it is revealed that he has had a son living for many years and his name is Thane. Thanos must kill Thane to have a child with Death. (it would appear this has been a life long mission)

This poses the question, what about The Rot?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.