Follow

Infinity Gems

Object » Infinity Gems appears in 233 issues.

The Infinity Gems are six precious stones of cosmic origin that give the possessor mastery over a certain power. Collecting and using all six gems will give the wielder complete control over the universe.

The Power Gem

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mimic12

Hay I have a question abot the power gem. Can it give the user the same powers as some like Superman or Juggernaut?
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It gives unlimited amounts of power, but the user has to know how to use it to unleash it's full potential.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " It gives unlimited amounts of power, but the user has to know how to use it to unleash it's full potential. "
    I wouldn't say unlimited. It only grants unlimited power in combination with the other infinity gems. On it's own it can grant an undetermined amount of power though.
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

It is stated to give a limitless amount of strength when used properly. Even when Drax had it he could subconsciously become stronger and stronger, and he wasn't that smart.

AzzaOJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AzzaOJ

everyone thinks only strength is augmented by power gem, not the case 
    power gem gives access to potentially omega-level abilities in almost all imaginable powers 
    my only thought is that if say you used it for time travel/teleportation/telepathy wouldnt it make all other gems obscolete?
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @AzzaOJ: The power gem is only power, it can't do speed or telepathy, that's what the other gems do. At one time, the gems were all one all-powerful being that split itself into six parts (the Infinity Gems), each containing one specific portion of the beings abilities.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mimic12

Thanks for the help.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mimic12

Ok that takes chare of the power gem but what about5 the reality gem? What that do? Call me stupid but what dose it mean by reality?
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @mimic12: Reality. All that is real. With the reality gem one could change anything they want. Basically, you could do anything. BUT, the reality gem is very dangerous. It is basically uncontrollable without the aid of the other gems.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mimic12

So that means who ever gets the reality gem has the same powers as someone like the beyonder?

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I'm surprisingly unfamiliar with the Beyonder, but I would say the powers of Eternity

Husk45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Husk45

Well if the reality gems dose give the person the same powers as the beyonder then all of the other gems will be puntless.
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By XRiskyX
    @Husk45 said:

" Well if the reality gems dose give the person the same powers as the beyonder then all of the other gems will be puntless. "

jloneblackheart already answered that:

" @mimic12: Reality. All that is real. With the reality gem one could change anything they want. Basically, you could do anything. BUT, the reality gem is very dangerous. It is basically uncontrollable without the aid of the other gems. "

You need the other gems to controll it. that was why Iron man was almost disintegrated and erased from that reality when the Illuminati quested for the reality gem, the Baxter Building was also nearly destroyed in that process. That should be a good example. It's more about control than actual power here.
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By The WeatherMan

With reality gem you can bend reality to your will, like turn the paper into loads of dollar bills, turn a building into a roller coaster, I think at full power you can even alter reality at will, creative alternative universes even.
    mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mimic12

Ok now thats cool.
    Husk45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Husk45

Sence were on the other gems right now. What about the soul gem what can that do? Oh and by the way the reson i am asking is because I was hopeing somebody can tell me something that the page cant.
    kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kheranlord12
    @Husk45:  The soul gem allows you control all souls in the universe. When Thanos acquired the soul gem in thanos quest he used it power to taint a noble race into savage creatures. '' With naught but a thought i could transform a race of peaceable sentients into a barbaric hordes of cannnibals''.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.